1st qtr earnings???

FAVREFAN

And UPS has over 1 billion shares outstanding, correct? Still a mighty good profit compared to some other companies if .58 per share is close to reality! Not quite as great as the billion per quarter UPS was profiting a few years ago.

That just means you g*d*mn drivers need to stop coming in overallowed. Stop stealing time. Go faster and make UPS more money. Maintain your SPORH or we'll fire you.
995.4 million outstanding

I understand that the management is upset that they didn't get their raises but remember that we gave back a third of our raise before the economy started to tank. Then the CEO got a 115% increase. Were is the justice in that. He got a raise on the backs of our hard work!!!!

W

westsideworma

I understand that the management is upset that they didn't get their raises but remember that we gave back a third of our raise before the economy started to tank. Then the CEO got a 115% increase. Were is the justice in that. He got a raise on the backs of our hard work!!!!

especially since hes never worked in the actual UPS operation a day in his life...he headed the company that came up with the tech for the DIADs I believe. He's never been in a package car in the middle of a 100 degree high humidity day for 12 hrs, he's never loaded a feeder after its cooked all day in the hot sun and he's sure as hell never dealt with the often ridiculous demands that are made of frontline management and hourly workers. He'll never have to either as he makes these demands.

...but hey enjoy that raise right?

tieguy

Banned

your union did not negotiate you the same pay as the non-union ceo? Sheesch

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Originally Posted by Livin the Dream?
They will report .66/share. You heard it here first"

Now we know you are not connected !! :wink2:

When we have great quarters the stock goes down. Maybe the opposite will happen now.

Stocks usually move on what's inside the numbers and the outlook looking forward. If UPS made $4 a share but sold off income producing units to get that number the stock would fall because future income would fall. The $4 quarter is is old news now.

sosocal

...and with those earnings get ready for some INTENSITY coming in the area of cost containment....you aint seen nothin' yet!!!!:whiteflag:

jimstud

Banned
Managers don't deserve raises, stock bonuses or 401 k contributions, the don't do crap to earn the company money except harass the people that do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!