1st week of January vacation check

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Normally vacation checks are paid 2 weeks in advance. Apparently not so for said week. Asked stellar management team to look into when it is paid. I'll let you guess if I got an answer. All they could confirm was it was "put in correctly" and several people had same issue/problem. Anyone out there know the answer??

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Bagels, how can you disagree with a question???? Just going and clicking disagree once again on all my posts. What is your problem. I wish a mod could address this issue with you. Very annoying

Johney

I was paid mine yesterday no problems. Two days holiday to go with the 45 hours. Three days to go then vaca.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have taken New Years as a vaca week for several years now. I have never gotten that check 2 weeks early. Usually get it either the week immediately before or the week of. I prefer it, actually.

Kae3106

Normally vacation checks are paid 2 weeks in advance. Apparently not so for said week. Asked stellar management team to look into when it is paid. I'll let you guess if I got an answer. All they could confirm was it was "put in correctly" and several people had same issue/problem. Anyone out there know the answer??

If the vacation is in the calendar correctly and you have time available in your bank, it pretty much pays automatically with no intervention from Payroll. If you are in one of the areas where vacation is earned at the beginning of the year, your current bank will be empty and Payroll will have to verify you are about to earn time and force it to pay. It's possible Payroll messed up on their report...peak season is rough for them as well. It's also possible it wasn't "put in correctly." Who knows.

I'd ask your center manager to put in a payroll inquiry to find out why you weren't paid and ask for a green check.

danvike3

If the vacation is in the calendar correctly and you have time available in your bank, it pretty much pays automatically with no intervention from Payroll. If you are in one of the areas where vacation is earned at the beginning of the year, your current bank will be empty and Payroll will have to verify you are about to earn time and force it to pay. It's possible Payroll messed up on their report...peak season is rough for them as well. It's also possible it wasn't "put in correctly." Who knows.

I'd ask your center manager to put in a payroll inquiry to find out why you weren't paid and ask for a green check.
U don't want a green check, they take out too much on taxes!

Kae3106

U don't want a green check, they take out too much on taxes!

Green checks are not taxed any differently than normal checks. Only payoffs and certain bonus payments classified as supplemental wages by the IRS are taxed at the flat 25% federal rate. There was an enhancement to the payroll system several years ago so that green checks are run as a separate daily payroll schedule instead of manually issued from the AP system and rolled in with the week's regular wages.

JackStraw

The last week of December/first of January was closed for vacations in my center.
I believe by contract they have to let drivers off. My center manager tried this a few years back, got the union down, opened up the week. However, when the new contract is ratified, peak season will be extended to the 15th and those weeks will not be available. Also, I got my check just fine.

gorilla75jdw

Yes , I have my first vacation scheduled for the week ending january 4th , I should have received my vacation check this last payday {december 19th} , but I didnt . I spoke with my fulltime sup, whom gave me an answer you would here of the company give to a rookie . I have been here 20 years , All I can do is just hope that they dont have it corrected by tuesday (which would give them the 48n hours to fix it ) so as if they dont fix it , I will fix it . There really is no further explanation of how I will fix it , I am not angry , mad or anything . I am not rich and need my money on the payday of the vacation week which would be january 2nd , but since my sups, attitude was kinda go EFF yourself ,lol, I will gladly reap the penalty pay once a week every week until it is fixed, and then I will be sure to stuff paperwork up his anus weekly until 2015 . I love the company I work for .

Johney

Yes , I have my first vacation scheduled for the week ending january 4th , I should have received my vacation check this last payday {december 19th} , but I didnt . I spoke with my fulltime sup, whom gave me an answer you would here of the company give to a rookie . I have been here 20 years , All I can do is just hope that they dont have it corrected by tuesday (which would give them the 48n hours to fix it ) so as if they dont fix it , I will fix it . There really is no further explanation of how I will fix it , I am not angry , mad or anything . I am not rich and need my money on the payday of the vacation week which would be january 2nd , but since my sups, attitude was kinda go EFF yourself ,lol, I will gladly reap the penalty pay once a week every week until it is fixed, and then I will be sure to stuff paperwork up his anus weekly until 2015 . I love the company I work for .
Make sure they code you off as vacation otherwise I don't think the company pays your bennies for that week.