2/12/2014 UPS package not scanned in?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeanszv

My package was picked up by a UPS driver that comes to my office EVERYDAY. i put the package in his hands and HE even remembers the package! HOWEVER the package was never scanned and has no TRACKING info on it when i try to track it. the parcel was insured since it was REAL jewelry that was being sent but i was informed by the UPS hotline that if the package was not scanned then they can do nothing for me even if i had insurance on it. i was also informed that the driver is not required to scan all items they pick up if in a very busy area?? is that true? how are we to know that things are not being stolen? . the driver promised me to check his "log" to see if he scanned it in his personal ref log (i am unsure that he means by that) which is my last hope if it is not in his log then i am screwed.... where is the customers Guarantee that items will not be stolen?

what can i do here?

upschuck

How much value was declared? Also next time, ask the driver to scan the package into diad when he picks up. Then there is a record of pickup.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Call 1-800- pick-ups for customer complaints or try the ups Facebook page or even check out the thread on this page for customers having issues.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

If it wasn't scanned in you may be SOL. Usually if it's insured above a certain value though they pull it aside at the center. It may have just been pulled aside and missed the trailer. They should have put a "left in building scan" on it to mark it's location, but I know my sup has been known to not do it, as her bosses get pissed. Keep checking it, maybe it will pop up, but no guarantee.

Jeanszv

The Package is insured for up to $1000 no above it. i tried the FB page and got someone to call me... However my driver who Promised me he would let me know if the package was in his LOG has been MIA today all day! i dont have a good feeling about this. i dont want the driver to get in trouble if it wasn't his fault but the fact that he has not come by today when i know he was in my building is a little concerning. =[

upschuck

If it was insured for 1000, then driver would of signed off on the package. Show them the signature that you got from driver, and you get paid.

T

Turdferguson

Unless this is a call tag or return service lable then UPS insures up to 1000 on it

Sent using BrownCafe App

It's 1000

Sent using BrownCafe App

upload_2014-2-19_17-28-36.png

That thing three digits to the right is called a decimal point.

T

Turdferguson

That first part also says on a package with no declared value not on a call tag or return service package

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Call tags or return service may not have any insurance. ARS are uninsured for instance and call tags UPS won't pay a claim on if it was first delivered by another carrier.

That first part also says on a package with no declared value not on a call tag or return service package

Sent using BrownCafe App

It says nothing about "call tag or RTS". It does go on to say though that if the value is greater than $100 you may DECLARE a higher value and PAY additional fees. UPS does not insure up $1000 for free.

T

Turdferguson

I know it says nothing about rs or call tags which is why it has nothing to do with what i had posted about Samuel L Jackson or not
and it's still they can only be insured up 1000 not 100

Sent using BrownCafe App

Status
Not open for further replies.