2 days off

vikings19

So I've been with UPS about 8 months never called in or been late so far. I'm taking a trip in June and wanted to know if I would be able to ask them for 2 days off. I know i haven't been there for a year yet and I haven't earned anything i just need those 2 days off. Just wanted to know if it would be ok to ask them on here before i actually asked my sp.

anonymous4

You call up and say "I won't be in". At this point they are lucky to get someone who only books off once a month. You have 8 months of good karma built up, too many others on the radar. Enjoy your trip.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Guys, he has been here less than a year---has he built up any time yet?

To the OP--if you have days on the books then by all means schedule them--if you don't, talk to your sup and see if he will let you take the days off unpaid.

rod

Retired 22 years
You have to remember that not every center is all sunshine and lollipops like upstates supposedly is. If you decide to just call in sick don't tell a sole what your up to because it could (and probably will) come back to bite you.

UPSGUY72

Just call and tell them you booking off. If you ask for the days and they say no and then you call in on those days your going look like a a--h---. So just call in it isn't a big deal unless you do it all the time. People call in all the time.

You only have to call in the first day just remember to call in more than 1 hour before your shift starts and make sure you book back on 1 hour before you shift starts on the day you are returning to work.

ymelord

Don't get caught calling in sick, it isn't worth all the bull zhit. I'm not saying don't do it, just be careful

Cementups

Box Monkey
^what?!?!? You can call off sick anytime you want to. I called off sick today to go to a eye doctors appointment. I wasn't actually sick. When I called in I just told her I wasn't coming in today. She asked if I had anal glaucoma (can't see my arse coming to work) and I said yes, I will see you tomorrow. Phone call done.

iruhnman630

I wish I was as callous about calling in as most others seem to be. I don't even like making that call when I really am sick, let alone being a terrible liar and terrible at making the hookey call.

nystripe96

I called in on Monday. Told them the truth. My sister just had a baby & I needed to spend the day with my family. It wasn't all that difficult. One dude I work with calls in at least 2x a month, has a bunch of no calls as well. I guess its different at every hub

nystripe96

I think its all about the supe you work for. Mine is pretty cool and actually stays fairly true to his word. Others, well I'm sure I don't have to tell you ;)

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I wish I was as callous about calling in as most others seem to be. I don't even like making that call when I really am sick, let alone being a terrible liar and terrible at making the hookey call.

It's not callousness. Its just UPS business as usual. They have cover guys, let them work. If you sick or are in a bind then that's just how it is. Don't abuse this privilege but at the same time, don't let them abuse you by pulling the "we'll lighten you up" game or whatever other tactic to get you in.