2 for one.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Indecisi0n, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

How come sometimes i get two packages that have the same tracking number? I scan the first package and DIAD accepts, the scan the second package and it beeps letting me know that tracking number has already been scanned when it really hasn't.
  2. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Because the shipper is cheating UPS.
  3. overallowed

overallowed Active Member

Packages banded together, and the bands have broken. If you are picking up ARS packages with photocopied labels, see your supervisor.
  4. Indecisi0n

I wasn't sure if it was a scam or not. I get it more often than you would think. I guess it's just like the 50 lbs packages that read " 1lbs" on the label.
  5. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

How do you handle this situation on delivery?
  6. Indecisi0n

They are DR packages. I just leave both packages. I mentioned it to a sup and he doesn't have a clue (go figure).
  7. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

I scan one and enter shipper # for the other with diff pkg in remarks field.

For a while Mary Kay was banding two packages with different trk. #s. That was frustrating.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Do you scan the first one, complete the stop, scan the second and complete that as a duplicate stop?
  9. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Faded, , thats what I do.

Upstate,. It will let you put in a 6 digit shipper number and the last 3, even the same, it just wont let you do the whole thing. If you did it your way would also be correct, but be prepared to be asked why you delivered the same box twice, because while they do not know the answer to this question when you ask...........
    After you do it your way, they will tell you how you should have done it correctly.
  10. over9five

Get a signature for one, throw the second in the trash. What's the cheating shipper gonna do?
    They track it, we delivered it.

(Just sayin.... I wouldn't actually do that.....maybe.....)
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

Better yet, put the 2nd one on e-bay.
  12. over9five

....and send the shipper a link to the EBay post in case they want to buy it back!
  13. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

Thats what I also do, and I note in the remarks column.
  14. Indecisi0n

I've never done that. Where is this "remark column" listed?
  15. over9five

I used to do what FJ said. Scan one, enter the shipper # of the second and in remarks put "Dup 1Z".
  16. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Uhhhmmmmmm. How soon we forget.....................

Stay out of the woods. Don't go on ransom rd in Dexter. EVER!!!!!!
  17. top dollar

top dollar New Member

I just deliver one then have the clerk send the other one back!! I have also been told by other drivers that they take the labels off both packages and bring them in to the office! Not sure what that does, I like my idea better.
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

Why in the world would you do that?
  19. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

No matter how you choose to deliver the 2nd pkg the shipper is getting free shipping. You should deliver one and take the other back to the clerk so they can be billed for the second pkg and deliver it the next day. That being said, I deliver it as one pkg and ignore sheeting the second one. As long as my EDD is clear I'm good.
  20. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

That is not always the case. YOu can figure it out by the weight when you have to box that weight 50 lbs and they both feel like 50 lbs and they have the same label they are cheating the system.... Peal one of the label off and give it to your SUP or LP person.