2 for one.

Indecisi0n

How come sometimes i get two packages that have the same tracking number? I scan the first package and DIAD accepts, the scan the second package and it beeps letting me know that tracking number has already been scanned when it really hasn't.

over9five

Staff member
How come sometimes i get two packages that haove the same tracking number? I scan the first package and DIAD accepts, the scan the second package and it beeps letting me know that tracking number has already been scanned when it really hasn't.

Because the shipper is cheating UPS.

overallowed

How come sometimes i get two packages that have the same tracking number? I scan the first package and DIAD accepts, the scan the second package and it beeps letting me know that tracking number has already been scanned when it really hasn't.
Packages banded together, and the bands have broken. If you are picking up ARS packages with photocopied labels, see your supervisor.

old levi's

blank space

Because the shipper is cheating UPS.

I scan one and enter shipper # for the other with diff pkg in remarks field.

For a while Mary Kay was banding two packages with different trk. #s. That was frustrating.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Faded, , thats what I do.

Upstate,. It will let you put in a 6 digit shipper number and the last 3, even the same, it just wont let you do the whole thing. If you did it your way would also be correct, but be prepared to be asked why you delivered the same box twice, because while they do not know the answer to this question when you ask...........
After you do it your way, they will tell you how you should have done it correctly.

over9five

Staff member
Get a signature for one, throw the second in the trash. What's the cheating shipper gonna do?
They track it, we delivered it.

(Just sayin.... I wouldn't actually do that.....maybe.....)

menotyou

bella amicizia
Uhhhmmmmmm. How soon we forget.....................

Stay out of the woods. Don't go on ransom rd in Dexter. EVER!!!!!!

top dollar

I just deliver one then have the clerk send the other one back!! I have also been told by other drivers that they take the labels off both packages and bring them in to the office! Not sure what that does, I like my idea better.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No matter how you choose to deliver the 2nd pkg the shipper is getting free shipping. You should deliver one and take the other back to the clerk so they can be billed for the second pkg and deliver it the next day. That being said, I deliver it as one pkg and ignore sheeting the second one. As long as my EDD is clear I'm good.

UPSGUY72

Packages banded together, and the bands have broken. If you are picking up ARS packages with photocopied labels, see your supervisor.

That is not always the case. YOu can figure it out by the weight when you have to box that weight 50 lbs and they both feel like 50 lbs and they have the same label they are cheating the system.... Peal one of the label off and give it to your SUP or LP person.