2 Late Airs on Saturday - Was told possible warning letter

By The Book

So, if for some reason he gets a letter, and it sticks, the next time could be a suspension; inform management, then you are covered.
Just because you inform them you could have late air doesn't always mean it's ok to deliver them late. I agree with informing them so they can instruct you how to deliver them. Work as directed at this point and it doesn't hurt to have a fellow Saturday driver hear you mention this to your sup.

Holydriver

I've only ever had one warning letter and I can't even remember what it was for. Cool story, huh? But my point is this, they don't matter at all. You will keep working, you will keep getting paid, and your life will go on as normal. Besides, if you rarely have late airs and its obviously not a continuing problem then management will let it slide. They are simply trying to intimidate you

Haximus

I've been reading what you guys are saying and just to clarify on things from this point:

Our center does not run Orion on Saturday. We get EDD in our boards, not every package makes it in, so its just a convenience when your stops are in and you don't have to type it out.
I get a driver manifest, I map out the stop orders on a computer in the office.
Last saturday I did this route to cover someone that didn't come in, I had to do it again yesterday.
The first time I did the route, everything on the route had a 13:30 commit, and like I said, this route is very far from where we operate airs out of. I drove close to 180 miles on trip 1.
This week, when I mapped it out, the stops I had the two 12:00 commits on were in the center of the entire route. Out of the 17 stops I failed to notice the 2 had 12:00 commits on my driver manifest. Guess that zipcode goes by different commits. This is my fault entirely.
As much as I like the sound of grieving it, I don't feel like thats being honest. But then again, there's a lot that that I still don't understand about this company because I've only been working as a union employee for a little over 1 year.

billerz

As much as I like the sound of grieving it, I don't feel like thats being honest. But then again, there's a lot that that I still don't understand about this company because I've only been working as a union employee for a little over 1 year.
If they give you a warning letter, u need to file. It's not about whether it was your fault or not, u need to file. Like they say on here CYA

margaritaville

You're fine. But the question is if they are trying to fire a crappy air driver does that mean they are trying to fire him from one day of work. Or are trying to fire him from his inside job too.

opie

It's pretty extreme IMO to have a warning letter for a Saturday Air driver. Unless it has been a constant issue. You could get brought into the office, but shouldn't be anything more than a verbal warning. Typically if you need help, you should always bring it to your supervisor's attention before leaving the building. We also get a message on Saturdays, about halfway through the morning, asking if we need help. So that they can possibly send a driver to meet and help. I wouldn't worry about it, just learn from it, and next time you'll do better.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OMS who runs the operation talks about it all the time. They won't give him enough drivers. He has 25 to work

Ours has way more than 50 late every Saturday...they have to force drivers to come in Saturday's and still late air

Saturday is the one day that we should be able to get it right, especially if the plane is early or on time. $10 extra per package is a lot of money to throw away.

Arch

Isn't Saturday Air driving suppose to be easy? A lot of people I've talked to said it's a breeze compared to ground? You guys make it sound like it's tough too.

By The Book

Saturday air is great. When the damn plane is on time.
Definitely helps.....but can be hard when there's not enough drivers. The workload is a piece of cake but being spread out can be impossible to make the commits....which is more stressful than a drivers bid route.