2 questions for drivers.

1. what do u guys eat for breakfast. 2. what do u guys bring in your coolers and gym bags?
Turkey bacon three eggs hashbrowns & coffee. Tub of lunch meat turkey four tomatoes cut up with salt & pepper a banana & grapes. I bring a jar of nuts on Monday and the last about two weeks. Plus about ten bottles of water half frozen.

browniehound

Mostly water, fruit, and a sandwich.

I once had a beer in there. I was asked to go way out of my way to re-attempt a NI1 later in the day and the woman asked the dispatch sup. if she could give me a beer for doing so. The sup. said she could as long as it was not open. So I took it and put it in my cooler on a hot summer day with the thought of kicking back that night on the porch with it.

Wouldn't you know I got hit while parked with serious damage done to this guy's car. Backed out of his driveway and right into my package car not even parked directly across from his driveway. He said he didn't even see me and barreled right into the street.

So here I'm thinking I got this beer in my cooler in the UPS truck and I was involved in an accident. Not that I did anything wrong or illegal or against UPS policy, but I'me still thinking : Well how does this look? LOL.

In my twelve years of driving I've never had a beer in my possession on UPS property and here I'm given one and I get into an accident. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck!

Re-Raise

I once had a beer in there. I was asked to go way out of my way to re-attempt a NI1 later in the day and the woman asked the dispatch sup. if she could give me a beer for doing so. The sup. said she could as long as it was not open. So I took it and put it in my cooler on a hot summer day with the thought of kicking back that night on the porch with it.

Wouldn't you know I got hit while parked with serious damage done to this guy's car. Backed out of his driveway and right into my package car not even parked directly across from his driveway. He said he didn't even see me and barreled right into the street.

So here I'm thinking I got this beer in my cooler in the UPS truck and I was involved in an accident. Not that I did anything wrong or illegal or against UPS policy, but I'me still thinking : Well how does this look? LOL.

In my twelve years of driving I've never had a beer in my possession on UPS property and here I'm given one and I get into an accident. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck!

I would have offered the beer to the guy that hit me.. hopefully he would still be working on it when the law arrived.

DS

Fenderbender
1. what do u guys eat for breakfast.

Breakfast is for wimps,coffee and cigarettes

2. what do u guys bring in your coolers and gym bags?

pickled eggs,candied ginger,3 beers and a fifth of bourbon:happy-very:

ok I was kidding.2 bottles of water....
I like fruit,an orange apple blueberries ,or strawberries,yogurt,
V8 vegetable juice,cottage cheese.Maybe a sandwich,or soup,
That's all I can fit in my bag.

Packmule

Bowl of cheerios and a Jimmy Dean Delight sandwich.
Summer, water and a light, healthy lunch. Winter, add a gym bag with full survival gear to survive the night in a stuck truck in 50 below weather. Food, coveralls, extra socks, candles, etc etc cause your cell phone is worthless and your diad can't seem to get a signal til you get back to town either.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
What?? Maybe someone should tell the cover drivers who have been calling me during my vacation this week.

Seriously I have no idea what you are talking about here. Our traces are so bad you had better have a map to familiarize yourself with the area so you can make adjustments or we will never see you again.

You left us at a plato. What happened next???????

I'd be freaken out in my head but cool as ice on the outside.

LoL, DHARMA, Dude, did u hit the button yet???

Last edited:

Cementups

Box Monkey
1. 6 eggs (5 whites and 1 whole) and a bowl of cream of wheat.

2. Cooler 1 = 3, 1 liter bottles of water (partially frozen) and a bottle of Powerade. Cooler 2 = 10:30 snack of 1-2 tbsp. Natural Peanut buttter on a Sandwhich thin and 6-8 strawberries and 2 lunches. 1 is 4 oz. chicken breast, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of vegetables. 2 is 4 oz. talapia fillet, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of vegetables.

In my backpack I have a ton of stuff. wires and bungee straps for my radio hookup in my package car, an old t-shirt I use as a rag, baby wipes, different assortment of OTC meds and eyedrops, gloves, and a pair of brown logo socks incase some jerk wants to harrass me about my black no-show socks. There is probably other stuff in there too but that's all I'm thinking of.

I also keep a Rubbermaid tote in my package car full of supplies, my map (which I haven't had to use since I got an iPhone) and a can opener, a boomerang, and a window squeege

Griff

1. steel cut oats, protein shake

2. 4 bottles of gatorade and i refill them with water at businesses as i drink them. fruit and nuts. wallet, keys.

brownedout

Breakfast: Sugary Cereal, Lots of OJ, Lots of Water, Some sort of toasted bread usually an english muffin.

Cooler: 2 sandwiches, qt Gatorade, (2) 17 oz bottles of water, 1 chocolate drink box, 1 Drakes choco treat

Backpack: First Aid Kit, OTC Meds, ASD's, Spare Socks. Winter only, packets of hot chocolate. One can never have enough chocolate!

Integrity

Binge Poster
You can get the 5/8 keys from upsers.com As for the 340 methods, I have been here for 22 years and have yet to see a copy. You do not need to go to driving school to drive Saturday air. I am not sure about the DOT physical for Saturday air. This may vary from state to state but in NY you need a Class C non-CDL license. Your center team would be the best source for the answers to your questions.
UpstateNYUPSer.

The methods can be viewed at: http://makeupsdeliver.org/ups-package-delivery-methods/

Sincerely,
I

ibleedbrown

sounds like a lot of people are eating very healthy! sounds like that should b a method itself! u gotta treat ur body like a machine out there!

the driver release bag comment just dawned on me! man u guys are like marathon runners lol!

anyone take any vitamins or fish oil type stuff? i hear it helps w ur joints and ligaments, especially since u guys get in and out of the truck 200 times a day and hustle so hard, its gotta b a lot of wear and tear on the body. i'm 34 years old and consider myself in pretty good shape, i am one of the hardest workers in my building and have been pushing myself even harder lately in anticipation of what lies ahead. still i wish i would have started driving a lot younger lol the physical toll on my body will only increase w time.. boy i am very excited for the challenge ahead of me. if i make it in and past the 30 days. yikes!

Cementups

Box Monkey
It is wise to eat healthier with this job. I did not for most of the first 14+ years of my driving. It is very easy to duck into a convenience store and grab a snack and a soda on teh run as well as a pizza shop for a slice or a sub. Eventually all those bad habits catch up to you. Though it is a physical job I gained 70 pounds as a driver. I''m 36 now and in the last year and a half I have changed my eating habits and exercise a little more I have managed to lose 40 of those pounds and trying to lose another 20-30. Take some time on Sunday and prepare your meals for the week so in the morning you just have to grab them out of the fridge and throw them in your cooler. As long as you have a good attitude most people will let you use their microwave to heat up your lunch. I deliver to a truck stop so after I deliver to them I go in and wash up and heat up my lunch and sit and eat my lunch and play a couple games on my phone.

And as far as being like marathon runners, you may want to check out the thread "Road Runners" ;)

Just remember two things......this job is only as hard you make it.....and.......slow and steady wins the race. ;)