2 things customers do that stump me

PublicWifi

This thread is great.

"Your competition has no problem getting up my five mile long, been plowed twice since winter started, never sanded and caked with ice driveway."

Yeah. I have a bunch of houses on my route which are on adjacent roads, well over a mile away. So instead if it being 123 Peach LN, it's on a different road with no visible house number, on Apple LN. "I've been receiving deliveries here for 10 years without a problem!" -- Funny, the UPS guy has never delivered there.

Whenever a customer used to ask me "what is it?" I'd usually reply 'I'm sorry, I was too busy this morning to get around to opening this one' ....I mean honestly

I'm very sarcastic on my route. Sometimes I shake the package and try coming up with the dumbest response possible "Uh, sounds like 3 used matches, a cotton ball, 1...no 2 diapers, and a bic lighter.... Bah, I'm not good at this game. You try."

I love this one. Sometimes, when I'm in a mood I'll say "it's a box..."

Luckily a good portion of the folks on my route have a sense of humor. I give the same reply, depending. "What is it?" "Looks like a box to me." I've had a few sour looks and choice phrases come about, but really?

I love it when you are knocking at the door and you can hear them on the other side of the door and know they are looking through the peephole.

Holy :censored2: do I hate this. I deliver in white suburbia. A lot of rich folk -- and I mean a LOT of rich folk. Most 'modest' homes have a Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley, Corvettes, Maserati, etc... For the most part the wives stay at home and seem to become ultra paranoid when a man with a box rings / knocks. You can sense that someone's there. You heard footsteps. You saw a shadow. You know it's not a dog. It's certainly not Big Foot. You stand there for 2 minutes, knocking and ringing once more. "Yes, I'm standing at your door for a friend*ing reason..." I end up filling out the tag and the moment I turn away, *poof* the door opens. "Oh, I didn't know I had to sign for it!" -- Yeah, like I'm gonna stand there and waste my time if all I had to do was leave the package, ffs.

I like it when I deliver a heavy package and I SEE the person all of a sudden pick up their phone or their baby. They'll open the door and shrug their shoulders, pointing at the obstacle which prevents them from moving their 150lb dresser. I now tell people "I'm not allowed to enter your home. There's too much liability involved of which I am not insured for. If I set the package against your wall, it will get scratched, and in most cases I'll receive a complaint." People feign ignorance, I swear. As if they didn't know the 300lb, 3 box trampoline set wasn't -- 300 effin' pounds! Give me a break.

CJinx

Yeah, go ahead and try to maneuver your two wheel drive delivery van down their skidder trail they call a driveway where their automobiles are parked at the base and snowmobile tracks lead to the house. LOL

SmithBarney

Had a package from VS and the guy says, "is that for me? doesn't look like my laptop"
I said "no...well maybe" I handed it to him
he said "oh it's my wives bra's"
hehehe

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
yeah,
I just had a customer at a bus. ask me why FDX home tried to del to their office on Sat. I said, well, you'll get the pkg. Tues. b'c they work Tues-Sat. On Tues. she tracked the pkg. in front of me and in the middle of the afternoon it was "No attempt made" something something.

She finally got it Weds. She even beat them up about it but she told me the guy didn't speak any English.

True story, Sam.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Had a package from VS and the guy says, "is that for me? doesn't look like my laptop"
I said "no...well maybe" I handed it to him
he said "oh it's my wives bra's"
hehehe

I had a VS delivery for a couple whom I know really well. I handed the package to the guy and said, "You're welcome". : )

PublicWifi

I had a customer once who bent over and a box monkey flew out his butt.

picture12526931212945.png

MaineGroundDriver

I love this one. Sometimes, when I'm in a mood I'll say "it's a box..." Had one guy ask me if I was stupid and I told him "ask a stupid question, get a dumb answer." Had a little chat with my manager about that one, the next day. :lol:

That's my favorite response to "What's that?" .... "A box" while smiling ....

DontThrowPackages

yeah,
I just had a customer at a bus. ask me why FDX home tried to del to their office on Sat. I said, well, you'll get the pkg. Tues. b'c they work Tues-Sat. On Tues. she tracked the pkg. in front of me and in the middle of the afternoon it was "No attempt made" something something.

She finally got it Weds. She even beat them up about it but she told me the guy didn't speak any English.

True story, Sam.
I believe English is now a surcharge lol.

DontThrowPackages

The waiting for you to leave so they can get their package without having to interact with you gets me. If I didn't need a sig, by the time the customer hears my knock and gets to their door, I will have already buckled up and started the motor. Times when I know theyre on the other side of the door and they make me wait until I have filled out the DT and knocked for the second time, I turn and walk away. I then hear the door open and just keep walking. I hear, "HEY!". I pull out my phone and put it next to my ear and continue walking. "HEY!!!!!!!" I get to the truck and open the door. Only if they have ran across the street to my door, will I acknowledge them. Oh you're home.

dezguy

I love going into a business office with a delivery and have everyone who works there look at you but no one will get off their ass to sign for the package. I love it even more when, after a minute of waiting and no one wanting to sign I do a package refused and leave. It's funny, when I ultimately go back because they need said package, people are jumping up the second I enter the doorway.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I love going into a business office with a delivery and have everyone who works there look at you but no one will get off their ass to sign for the package. I love it even more when, after a minute of waiting and no one wanting to sign I do a package refused and leave. It's funny, when I ultimately go back because they need said package, people are jumping up the second I enter the doorway.
Hopefully that said package was for the boss who had been waiting for it. Hopefully his lazy staff got a nice ass chewing for not singing for it.