2 things customers do that stump me

dezguy

Hopefully that said package was for the boss who had been waiting for it. Hopefully his lazy staff got a nice ass chewing for not singing for it.

I never ask. All I know is that I never have a problem getting a signature from places like that ever again. lol

Express Courier

I had an on call pup recently and when I show up it's an old guy who hands me a box with just an address written on the box, no airbill etc. So I go get an airbill for him to fill out... he does, very slowly I might add. He hands it over and I see no payment method/account number just nothing. He says.. yeah just bill them they said they are gonna pay for it. He has no info on who they are, just some random business that wants him to send this package.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Instead of you wasting time having him fill out an A.B. what I would have done is just ask "who's paying for the shipping"? He tells me "they are". Adios.

I fill out the A.B. myself, in the truck, I fill in his address as the shipper, the recip. address as it's written on the box and, tick off "bill recip".

Next stop.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Instead of you wasting time having him fill out an A.B. what I would have done is just ask "who's paying for the shipping"? He tells me "they are". Adios.

I fill out the A.B. myself, in the truck, I fill in his address as the shipper, the recip. address as it's written on the box and, tick off "bill recip".

Next stop.
I also wouldn't worry about the recipients account number either. That's billing's job. I quit worrying about that a long time ago. We're not credit and collections.

hypo hanna

I hand them the AB and tell them to get the billing acct number from the rcpt and call us back when he has it filled out. I got chewed out once for filling out an airbill for a customer. It went where he told me it was going but apparantly not where the rcpt wanted it to go. They can fill it out and they can be responsible for its accuracy. And they have 5 minutes to figure it out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Next stop.

What about his copy of the waybill? Do you go back the next day or do you give him his copy right there?

dezguy

I like picking up at institutions of higher learning, particularly when a professor or teacher are filling out the AWB. I swear, those are some of the dumbest smart people in the world.

Sender- How do I do this?
Me- Follow the instructions that are written on the airway bill.
Sender- What's an airway bill?
Me- What I just gave you.
Sender- Who is the sender? Am I the sender?
Me- *facepalm*

lol

joe1988

Got to add in this ( DR package and as you get in the truck customer comes out yelling " WHERE IS IT" so you yell back " LOOK DOWN") dip:censored2:s..... Haha

CJinx

I like picking up at institutions of higher learning, particularly when a professor or teacher are filling out the AWB. I swear, those are some of the dumbest smart people in the world.

Sender- How do I do this?
Me- Follow the instructions that are written on the airway bill.
Sender- What's an airway bill?
Me- What I just gave you.
Sender- Who is the sender? Am I the sender?
Me- *facepalm*

lol
Happens to anyone that gets taken out of their element, even for a moment.

dezguy

Happens to anyone that gets taken out of their element, even for a moment.

If writing down your address and the address you want the package to go to is being taken out of your element, then I question why they are teaching in the first place.