2 Warning Letters in 2 Days

Johney

The company only charges a customer for one ODS pickup per day, no matter how many they create.
Are you sure of that? So if I pick-up an OCA at say 11:00 and they call another in for 18:00 and I'm clear across town UPS won't charge them for another pick-up?

gostillerz

I hate that you were disciplined and can only give the standard advise. Make sure you grieve it and get your Shop Steward and BA everything they need to get it taken care of.

The remark I quoted could be the real problem. I personally try my very best not to do any favors (skirt the rules for mgt, look the other way). I work this way for one simple reason. If and when I do screw up, I don't drive myself crazy thinking "they owe me".

I know how this may sound to the "what's the harm and get along" crowd but in the end it sure makes working at UPS very stress free. It is liberating. Trust me.

If you're honest with your thoughts and take a big step back to look at the UPS company picture, I think you will come to the same conclusion as others and realize there will never be a grand scale corporate effect that will be reciprocated to the general workforce.

I'm not saying we can't make a difference. I'm simply saying UPS will take everything you can possibly give in making it #1 while treating you and the rest of us like #2.

You're right. I'm not doing that crap anymore. I was calling in at 8am, they'd say call back at 8:30, then 900 a lot of days, taking lunch at 1800 to make sure the business stops got off. I'm grieving both letters. The OCA because I was never told the other 50 times it happened for that pickup that's how it's supposed to be done, and the air one because I wasn't given a verbal warning first. Eff them.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't need to show up 15 minutes early. You show up clock in then come start time he can talk to u with a steward present.

rocket man

Warning letter 1: I get an ODS pickup for a business often where the close time is 1600. They leave the pkg in the lobby and I've always picked it up around 1645 when I do the pickup next door. In the board, I type in the later time I'll get there so it says ETA > commit time and in comments I just say pkg left in lobby. I've done it this way for 3 years now without any trouble. This last time, the secretary didn't change the time, and another driver heard my oncar say "I have to write up my driver now for this" because he knew thats how it was done for this place and he can't write her up. They tell me now I have to override it, and call the center to have the time changed so they can resend it. I don't think this one is my fault.

Warning letter 2: Coming back to the center, I missed an air pkg i was supposed to give to the air clerk (whatever it's called). Someone had to drive it to where the PM shuttle guy would get it. This letter said final warning. Yeah, I screwed up on that one. But final warning? I left one on the car maybe 2 years ago.

The day I missed the air, I get a message in the board to show up 15 min before start for the next day. I asked why, and they said "per center manager". This freaked me out for the rest of the day trying to think what they could get me in trouble for.

What's your guys opinions? In 5 years, I've had one warning letter for a misload when I was on preload. 2 in a week pisses me off especially for how much I help them out.
2 letters in 2 days that means 2 grivances in 2 days whats the problem?

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I was sent a message by center manager to please adhere to the policy of p/u assigned oca's on time. P/u'd said oca at 1700,(commit time), informed that should have been at oca at 16:59.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I was sent a message by center manager to please adhere to the policy of p/u assigned oca's on time. P/u'd said oca at 1700,(commit time), informed that should have been at oca at 16:59.

That is bs (IMHO) as long as you did not get a reason for late pick up screen, you were in compliance