2 Weeks Notice, or Peace Out?

NPatH

Hey guys, I'm a Fedex Ground package handler, and have been for two weeks. I find it asinine that they want me to load, 3 heavy load trucks in only 4 hours on my first week there. I'm seriously considering quitting, however I don't think I could handle 2 more weeks there. Should I just chunk up the deuces, or should I tough it out and finish the 2 weeks? I don't want to :censored2: over my co-workers and drivers, but I can't stand it there anymore. Also one of the trucks I load is solely by address, and no one else can load it, how bad would it mess things up?

It will be fine

You've been there 2 weeks. They survived without you before. Package handler turnover is incredibly high. They won't even blink if you tell them today is your last.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey guys, I'm a Fedex Ground package handler, and have been for two weeks. I find it asinine that they want me to load, 3 heavy load trucks in only 4 hours on my first week there. I'm seriously considering quitting, however I don't think I could handle 2 more weeks there. Should I just chunk up the deuces, or should I tough it out and finish the 2 weeks? I don't want to :censored2: over my co-workers and drivers, but I can't stand it there anymore. Also one of the trucks I load is solely by address, and no one else can load it, how bad would it mess things up?

Look at it this way. Would they give you 2 weeks notice if you were getting canned?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Waaaaaahhh....mommy, it's too much work, come pick me up. I was just talking to a new guy yesterday on the belt...he's been here a month. He was a loader at Fedex for 3 years. He said the volume we load at ups is twice what he used to load....so again....waaaaah. Quit.

MAKAVELI

Waaaaaahhh....mommy, it's too much work, come pick me up. I was just talking to a new guy yesterday on the belt...he's been here a month. He was a loader at Fedex for 3 years. He said the volume we load at ups is twice what he used to load....so again....waaaaah. Quit.
At least you have great benefits and the opportunity to go full time.

bbsam

Staff member
Only twice the volume? You guys are slipping.;)

Z

ZQXC

The world won't stop turning when you quit. Leave at break; that's always a classy move for a slackard. Call ahead and mommy will have your snack ready when you get home.