2 Weeks Notice, or Peace Out?

Z

ZQXC

Hush I've. You're talking like a responsible adult, NOT living in Mommy's basement.

How do you know he's in mommy's basement.
He might be in mommy's bed.
1311948270220.jpg

STFXG

Hey guys, I'm a Fedex Ground package handler, and have been for two weeks. I find it asinine that they want me to load, 3 heavy load trucks in only 4 hours on my first week there. I'm seriously considering quitting, however I don't think I could handle 2 more weeks there. Should I just chunk up the deuces, or should I tough it out and finish the 2 weeks? I don't want to :censored2: over my co-workers and drivers, but I can't stand it there anymore. Also one of the trucks I load is solely by address, and no one else can load it, how bad would it mess things up?
You're two weeks in. If you quit already it isn't going to matter if you put in your two weeks or not. Your work history will read the same, "Quitter."

CJinx

It is customary to give a two weeks' notice, if only so they can get a replacement training on those trucks that can take over when you leave.

hypo hanna

Probably show you the door when you give notice. If they keep you on, you are pulling a paycheck while you find something else. Not like they will be expecting much productivity out of you. Relax and load at your own pace.

Z

ZQXC

To the OP: Here's a great idea; Go to camp

Boot Camp / You won't even have to think.....

MAKAVELI

Agreed...but you don't quit a job without finding another job first. The OP quitting to play WoW in mommy's basement is....not a job.
If this person has a family or this was a full time position I would agree with you otherwise you could make use of this time by looking to find something better

rod

Retired 22 years
You're two weeks in. If you quit already it isn't going to matter if you put in your two weeks or not. Your work history will read the same, "Quitter."

The sad thing is is that now days an employer can't ask anything personal in an interview anymore.

STFXG

The sad thing is is that now days an employer can't ask anything personal in an interview anymore.
True. But you can require work history on an employment application. And if an employer calls fedex to verify employment they will only give the time frame they worked there.