2 young men stole FedEx truck & his gun... TX

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First of all I always see these :censored2: FedEx idiots leaving their trucks running. If your dumb enough to leave your truck running with the keys running your an idiot, cause anyone could steal the truck, steal packages inside, or have a roll away like that jerknutt in the van like 2 weeks ago. Just saying that's the quality of employees FedEx hires I guess lol.

They get what they pay for.

HomeDelivery

as stated, that news article writer didn't specify which opco... probably will never know unless a local FedEx Express/ Ground can confirm this...
---------------------------------------------------
anyways, STFXG, alt-t still not enabled for HD drivers... crap, now i got to hunt on craigslist/eBay for more pre-paid minutes for my cellphone

STFXG

as stated, that news article writer didn't specify which opco... probably will never know unless a local FedEx Express/ Ground can confirm this...
---------------------------------------------------
anyways, STFXG, alt-t still not enabled for HD drivers... crap, now i got to hunt on craigslist/eBay for more pre-paid minutes for my cellphone
Yeah the text function is pointless anyways. CPC just calls us with anything. And if you have to use it for a message it takes at least 20 minutes for a response anyways. The only time I use it anymore is to request pickups to be moved between drivers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

STFXG

Agreed. But what about the driver, who is going to get fired because FedEx has a policy against employees having guns on-duty?. He isn't an employee.
FedEx won't fire the driver. The contractor will. He won't be allowed to operate for fedex anymore so the contractor can either have him do other work or let him go. Fedex won't tell that contractor he has to be fired. That's his employers choice.

Sent using BrownCafe App

P

prodriver

I'm not sure if there is anything prohibiting employee of an IC/ISP from being armed on duty, except of course that they are not allowed to bring their weapons on company property.

Possibly insurance if all drivers were packing heat our rates would be out the roof.

P

prodriver

First of all I always see these :censored2: FedEx idiots leaving their trucks running. If your dumb enough to leave your truck running with the keys running your an idiot, cause anyone could steal the truck, steal packages inside, or have a roll away like that jerknutt in the van like 2 weeks ago. Just saying that's the quality of employees FedEx hires I guess lol.

Drivers that run over a pedestrian in a crosswalk and keep going would have to be classified as a jerknutt also, quality on both sides. On the other hand you see thousands of drivers from all opcos that are top notch just sayin.

P

prodriver

This is doubtful but the driver could have been home on lunch, short break or to get dry shoes highly unlikely but possible. There used to be an express guy that lived on a route I ran if I seen van there I knew he was on lunch, used to get ice from him on those scorcher days.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Drivers that run over a pedestrian in a crosswalk and keep going would have to be classified as a jerknutt also, quality on both sides. On the other hand you see thousands of drivers from all opcos that are top notch just sayin.
Totally agree with ya on that one dude

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
First of all I always see these :censored2: FedEx idiots leaving their trucks running. If your dumb enough to leave your truck running with the keys running your an idiot, cause anyone could steal the truck, steal packages inside, or have a roll away like that jerknutt in the van like 2 weeks ago. Just saying that's the quality employees FedEx hires I guess lol.
It seems to be the case these days, that's for sure. And until they're ready to up the compensation and go back to topping out employees within a reasonable period of time like they did "back in the day", it's only going to get worse.... So in other words - expect to see it only get worse.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It seems to be the case these days, that's for sure. And until they're ready to up the compensation and go back to topping out employees within a reasonable period of time like they did "back in the day", it's only going to get worse.... So in other words - expect to see it only get worse.

FedEx is not a learning organization, so they'll continue on their present path down the road of incompetence and poor service. Upper management is convinced that they can pay low wages, provide lousy benefits, and still attract and retain quality employees. They can't...a simple fact. The evidence is overwhelming. Our average new hire lasts about 6 months, and most of them can do about half the SPH goals on a route. The good ones that can make SPH soon figure-out that there is no future at FedEx, and they also leave. The initial honeymoon period lasts a few months, and then they start talking to the veterans and see for themselves what a sham the whole deal is.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not sure if there is anything prohibiting employee of an IC/ISP from being armed on duty, except of course that they are not allowed to bring their weapons on company property.
The posted signs include "Vehicles leased to Fedex Ground".