$20 an hour temps? 15% raise only for some??

DRAisawesome

Well if you think that's unfair. Your right. But what is fair? Expectations the same across the board but huge pay discrepancies. Also premiums and deductibles are the same across the board. Nothing makes sense.

CJinx

Temporary incentives to get and keep much needed bodies during the busiest time of the year. Fair? Nope. Necessary evil? Yes.

It all goes away in January so you will once again be top dog on the campus in less than a month.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not to burst anyone's bubble,but the runners at my station are being paid $11 an hour. Unfortunately they look like they were hired from the homeless shelter.

!Retired!

Not sure about where you live. But, in my station, the $20/hr people you're referring to do not get a paycheck from FedEx, but from another company. If you go apply, I'm sure they will hire you.

And if you want the 15% raise some stations are getting, you can transfer.

MAKAVELI

Not sure about where you live. But, in my station, the $20/hr people you're referring to do not get a paycheck from FedEx, but from another company. If you go apply, I'm sure they will hire you.

If a temp agency is paying them $20 an hour, what do you think FedEx is paying the temp agency?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Now, why would one transfer (which no one can do right now) for a temporary raise?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Jackal's back in love again with the company. Hopefully he'll send Fred's Christmas present before the surge in volume so it doesn't end up sitting on a skid with a bunch of other packages until January 15th.

!Retired!

If a temp agency is paying them $20 an hour, what do you think FedEx is paying the temp agency?
It's surely less than the 30+ rentals we have.
Now, why would one transfer (which no one can do right now) for a temporary raise?
People on here whining their not making enough money. Then the opportunity comes to make more, even for just a month and they sit on their hands.
Jackal's back in love again with the company. Hopefully he'll send Fred's Christmas present before the surge in volume so it doesn't end up sitting on a skid with a bunch of other packages until January 15th.
If you look at my posts, I have never been 'in love' with the company.
I sure would like that $20 an hour. On the other hand, the temps don't have FedEx giving them free money for their 401(k).
Nor do they have health insurance.