$20 an hour temps? 15% raise only for some??

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by Theykilledit, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Slave101

Slave101 Member

UNFAIR!

2. whenIgetthere

whenIgetthere Well-Known Member

These temps will be making more than 50% of my station. They asked me if I wanted one as a runner. I said no, I'd rather have the OT.

3. DRAisawesome

DRAisawesome Active Member

Well if you think that's unfair. Your right. But what is fair? Expectations the same across the board but huge pay discrepancies. Also premiums and deductibles are the same across the board. Nothing makes sense.

4. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You should file a grievance.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  5. Maybe you guys should vote out your union leadership. The whole point of a union is to sort out these clearly unfair situations. Oh wait, you guys are too pusillanimous to organize.

6. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Another troll coming to you live from his mother's basement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

Temporary incentives to get and keep much needed bodies during the busiest time of the year. Fair? Nope. Necessary evil? Yes.

It all goes away in January so you will once again be top dog on the campus in less than a month.

8. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Golly gee, you're so funny!

9. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

Funny, born of ignorance.

10. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Active Member

Not to burst anyone's bubble,but the runners at my station are being paid $11 an hour. Unfortunately they look like they were hired from the homeless shelter.

11. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

Not sure about where you live. But, in my station, the $20/hr people you're referring to do not get a paycheck from FedEx, but from another company. If you go apply, I'm sure they will hire you.

And if you want the 15% raise some stations are getting, you can transfer.

12. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

If a temp agency is paying them $20 an hour, what do you think FedEx is paying the temp agency?

13. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

Now, why would one transfer (which no one can do right now) for a temporary raise?

14. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Jackal's back in love again with the company. Hopefully he'll send Fred's Christmas present before the surge in volume so it doesn't end up sitting on a skid with a bunch of other packages until January 15th.

15. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

I may have heard of one person who is out on sick/injury leave working as a helper in another market for $20/hr

16. MassWineGuy

MassWineGuy Active Member

I sure would like that $20 an hour. On the other hand, the temps don't have FedEx giving them free money for their 401(k).

17. MAKAVELI

You will learn soon enough that nothing is for free at FedEx. That 401k match is in lieu of a real pension.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. TheJackal

TheJackal Active Member

It's surely less than the 30+ rentals we have.
    People on here whining their not making enough money. Then the opportunity comes to make more, even for just a month and they sit on their hands.
    If you look at my posts, I have never been 'in love' with the company.
    Nor do they have health insurance.

19. Route 66

Route 66 Flacid Member

How would they do this exactly?....I mean short of quitting their current job?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. MAKAVELI

Most temp agencies charge at least double the workers' salary.