20+ years drivers

krazy

I'm just wondering how different things where back then. I know that now most of the packages are purchased online, I'm just wondering how many packages and how they were ordered.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Back in the really dark ages, we had to actually fill out order forms and mail them. Imagine the inconvenience.

Then, Alexander Bell invented the telephone.:devil3:

Ms.PacMan

Little pink pocket knife to cut COD tags on my spare key ring - which never left the bulkhead door lock :)

Not many resi's - if you went to someone's house everyday it was because they had a business there.

Shipper's blaming UPS for excessive time in transit when they hadn't even shipped the package yet - I was so relieved when the bar codes and tracking ended that nonsense.

Not having to fuel your own truck.

Bad Gas!

No jump seats for the xmas helpers..The helpers started with you and punched out with you.They made 5 dollars less per hour than you...

I damaged my rotator carrying packages the recommended "under the arm while you hold the clipboard in one hand and write with the other.

oh the memories................

Pens in the heater vent
Clipboard in a DR bag writing in the rain
Diad 1 taking a dump, back to writing a delivery sheet
Beepers
Beepers accidentally getting thrown across the street into the side of the package car
Explaining to sup how beeper fell off clip and was run over before I could turn around and pick it up

Last edited:
I damaged my rotator carrying packages the recommended "under the arm while you hold the clipboard in one hand and write with the other.

oh the memories................

Pens in the heater vent
Clipboard in a DR bag writing in the rain
Diad 1 taking a dump, bag to writing a delivery sheet
Beepers
Beepers accidentally getting thrown across the street into the side of the package car
Explaining to sup how beeper fell off clip and was run over before I could turn around and pick it up
I always felt reallybad when my beeper got broken atleast once a week!

Almost forgot I miss fur calls (picking up fur coats) and proof of delivery ....pulling the tags off the box and having the customer sign them...they drop them off at a mailbox(they had a postage stamp on them)

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Almost forgot I miss fur calls (picking up fur coats) and proof of delivery ....pulling the tags off the box and having the customer sign them...they drop them off at a mailbox(they had a postage stamp on them)

Yes I used to get 15 to 20. I guess there's not much of a demand to store fur coats these days.