20+ years drivers

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I think us delivering NordicTraks was the most exercise many of them got. I had a Play It Again Sports on my route and she would give me business cards to tuck inside the box and $20 for every one she bought.
I know we are the only ones who got a workout from those exercise equipment. Got lots of tips. I never seemed to have change

DS

Fenderbender
Remember the time cards?
How many stops,how many pkgs,what areas,
Break
pickups by area,how many,how much you p/u

Leftinbuilding

Higher seniority drivers coming in early to load. Lower seniority doing the unload after their route. Unload slowly because someone with less seniority could pull in at any time, lol. (one of my earlier loaders knew my route so well he could load it stop for stop.) Life was good pre part timers.

Re-Raise

Having to dial an 800 number, press DVA send on the first diad boards, and then stand there holding the board to the phone while it sent the tracking info.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I remember the shippers with register accounts had to write in the ascending and descending numbers on the pickup sheet, this was the way they were billed. The regular shipping accounts had a rubber stamp that they would use to stamp their account number on the package.

Leftinbuilding

I remember the shippers with register accounts had to write in the ascending and descending numbers on the pickup sheet, this was the way they were billed. The regular shipping accounts had a rubber stamp that they would use to stamp their account number on the package.

With a little box for the weight......

3 done 3 to go

Was always the last driver in. Casual rate. Finished. We need u to run air to airport. Was 10 mins away on small runway. Help pilot stuff. 50-60 packages into a single prop plane. Some days really thought plane will not get off the ground.

3 done 3 to go

After ten yrs was moved to Albany airport. Start of air drivers. But then was the late shuttle for over flow to Albany. For pkgs that wouldn't fit in trailer. Punch out after 11. Atleast 3 nights a wk

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Cash from COD's soaking with sweat in your front pocket! ,,, Filling out the green pick up log in your pouch # pcs NDA / 2NDAYS

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Body By Jake !!! Tell me those didn't suck ?? Suzanne Summers Thigh Master!! (gave me dirty thoughts) The summer of 89 or 90 when all America bought the Chinese WOKS

Packmule

Trying to make change for CoDs out of pocket, then hitting the coffee shop at the end of the day so you could put the right change in the envelope. They also didn't care if you accepted a few pennies, or let UPS keep the change, because the customer's check was wrong. So glad not to hassle with cash anymore!

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Was always the last driver in. Casual rate. Finished. We need u to run air to airport. Was 10 mins away on small runway. Help pilot stuff. 50-60 packages into a single prop plane. Some days really thought plane will not get off the ground.

I remember those day. One time there was a driver thats was on his 30 days. So being the one with the least seniority he had to bring the air to the airport and load the plane. While he was backing up to the plane he hit the wing of the plane so the plane could not fly and was grounded. The air did not move that day. Need less to say he didnt make it.