2007 MIP Elements Update posted ... looking bad ...

stgeorge

cut costs , sign more customers .

Upper management's "goal" is to not hit these elements and then blame the rank and file for "failing to hit elements" when they cancel the MIP. The goals are unrealistic, not well-defined and 90% of lower-to-middle management have zero impact on the elements. IBT negotiations was quietly slipped in as a component of the elements this quarter. Who has the clout to impact IBT negotiations? As long as the LTIP is there, there is zero incentive for upper management to care about MIP (as more than an annoying cost that needs to be eliminated).

BROWNHOG

We Will Be Left Holding The Bag..i Have To Hope Ups Does The Right Thing For The Over 50 W/30 + Years Concerning A Buyout,pension Correction And Mip Elimination To Further Erode My Pension ???? They Want Out Of The Package Business In The Usa..limited Presence Is The Goal.reduce Operations/costs/facilities/managagment/turnover Costs/tech/etc.times Are Changing . We Have Over 400,000 Employees Worldwide. Ups Cant Afford To Operate As Is In The Usa Anymore And They Want Guys Like Me To Pay For It While Division Level Personnel Are Protected. Like Gm/ford And Manufacturing In The Usa, Its Time To Pay The Piper..p.s The Teamsters Are Losing Their Cash Cow As Well.