2009 calendars

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by pakmule, Nov 24, 2008.

1. pakmule

pakmule A roller dog for lunch

Got to look at the 2009 calender today. Is there anything safe from the "Going Green" theme"? Its basically a recycled paper mat thats folded over three times. No pictures or anything. If you guys thought the 2008 calender was bad, this thing wins the prize for worst ever.
  2. over9five

over9five Hillary for prison 2016 Staff Member

That's too bad, 'cuz I really did think the 2008 was the worst ever!!!
  3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I haven't seen it yet and it sounds like I don't want too. I'm not going to do my yearly rant about how bad the new calenders are this time.
  4. BrownSuit

BrownSuit Active Member

Yeah, they are beyond bad.

As was mentioned, just one long piece of green paper with how UPS has saved the world with being environmentally friendly.

Our customer's look forward to this every year, I'm not sure what they will think this year.

It shows two months at a time.
  5. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Do they at least have a little sliver of airplane aluminum in them? If not, I can get a hold of a whole box of those "collectables" to add to them- if they weren't thrown away yet!
  6. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

That what we get for promoting an outsider to ceo! No turkeys and horrible calendars! The employees looked forward to both for years!
  7. iregdriver

iregdriver New Member

they look cheap
  8. upshawk

upshawk New Member

Calling these things calenders is being very generous. Customers don't want a calender with 6 months on a side and without pictures. This may seem like a simple thing but our customers are going to be way disappointed. This lack of understanding by the higher ups of what the customers want is really starting to scare me!!
  9. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Well the bean counters say, "Let them eat beans!":happy-very:
  10. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

You are so right.
    Its going to be tough to give them away this year, I'll have to beg people to take them.
  11. rod

rod retired and happy

Maybe the couldn't find any clean UPS vehicals to photograph this year:peaceful:
  12. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Put them up by the ol candy jar, and anyone who takes the candy must take the calender?:sick:
  13. But Benefits Are Great!

But Benefits Are Great! Just Words On A Screen

Someone explain the metal piece, aluminum? Mentioned on founders day also?
  14. freeloader

freeloader geek

Yeah lets "Go Green" with this calender. We just need to print 10 million of them. And how much paper/labels gets wasted every morning for PAS?

I agree the calenders went to crap as of around 5 years ago. I liked the old ones with bridges, stadiums, attractions, countrysides, scenic views, etc.
  15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Just one more sign that UPS is going to hell in a handbasket.
  16. JimJimmyJames

JimJimmyJames Big Time Feeder Driver

For our 100th anniversary UPS gave it's employees a little aluminum bar that was made from a former UPS airplane. Too bad the plane wasn't made of gold :).
  17. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Damn, this means I will have to buy an extra calendar this year. I use UPS calendars to keep track of who is on vacation and days off and 8 hr requests.
  18. But Benefits Are Great!

But Benefits Are Great! Just Words On A Screen

Although I have not seen one, my understanding is that the 2009 UPS calendar starts with the month of June?
  19. rod

rod retired and happy

Any bank or insurance company will give you a nice scenic one:peaceful:
  20. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Yea, I know you are right. It just seems wrong to desecrate a really nice calendar with work stuff. :happy-very:LOL