2009 calendars

rod

Retired 22 years
I use one to keep track of stuff I HAVE to do----------------I already have 2 things scheduled in 2009----shaping up to be a busy year:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
That what we get for promoting an outsider to ceo! No turkeys and horrible calendars! The employees looked forward to both for years!

agreed. turkeys coming by gift card, cheap "environmental" rendition of the ups calendar. I think that kills all our traditions.

cny86

2009 UPS Calendar

Kudos to UPS for the new calendar. Saves lots of paper I'm sure, but more importantly, lots of money. I wonder how much we typically spend on a calendar the old way versus this new one.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got mine today. Its embarassing, the customers will hate it like last year. The sad thing is that somebody actually thought this was a good idea. "Big Idea", that was another tradition thats gone too. Scenic calanders, clean Package Cars, a turkey for the holidays. I wonder what will be done away with next?:dissapointed:

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Reminds me of the discontinuing of the "Big Idea".

I brought my last copy of the Big Idea from the Georgia District in 1992. Many of the people in my group had never seen a Big Idea and thought it was real cool. All the local news about drivers and insiders and their families (births, etc.).

You don't realize what you had until it is gone.

Last edited:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Reminds me of the discontinuing of the "Big Idea".

I brought my last copy of the Big Idea from the Georgia District in 1992. Many of teh people in my group had never seen a Big Idea and thought it was real cool. All the local news about drivers and insiders and their families (births, etc.).

You realize what you had until it is gone.

Don't know what you are talking about, but it sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Better than calendars.

sdf6hr2

LMAO

Someone explain the metal piece, aluminum? Mentioned on founders day also?

alledgedly a piece of the first a/c to fly w/ UPS colors... a 727, tail #907 (think 1907). we think it is more likely part of one of the many ruined air containers that get sent back here over the course of the year. or better yet, it was part of one of the hundreds, yes i say hundreds, of surplus cans sitting in a field near SDF ... these can be seen on google maps: street view Crittenden Dr. Louisville KY, look towards the southern end near the west runway. millions of UPS dollars sitting there doing nothing.:whiteflag:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The sad thing is that this is suppose to be a gift to our pickup accounts for using us this year. I can't believe they would cheapen this. If this was for us, I can see them printing it on the back of a Bazooka Joe comic to save money. But this is for the customers that pay a lot of money to use us:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag: