2009 calendars

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
The worst part is, it doesn't have information they need as far as what will be delivered, picked up, which days are ups holidays with no services. However , having said that, I think these are only for employees, not for accounts, our box said employee calendars on it. Anyway I'm hoping there are useful ones for our customers.

tieguy

Banned
Allegedly done for environmental reason. I'm thinking I might hang it up in the bathroom. Might find a use for it there.:happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i think this will do the trick...

Are these what you are talking about?

SDF cans.jpg

sdf6hr2

Are these what you are talking about?

maybe, those maybe cans at the vendor's repair facility. i'll check that out tonight on way to work... anyway, those are not what i was refering to originally. check the link, it seems to work.

By the way, the satelite pic on google maps showing SDF is at least 3-4 years old. [the main body of the buiding (core) has been extended north about 2 football fields and 2 "wings" (the thinner buildings coming off the core where the a/c are parked) have been added on to the the north end. the exterior workings of these are done and in use. the first inner workings to will be complete soon and come on line in few months. the buildings will not be fully operational for about another year.]

the street view feature on google maps appears to be fairly recent.

sdf6hr2

i don't really want to get in an argument about this, and we are way off the Calender 2009 subject, but quickly explain how there are no more than 300 cans there (driving by you can tell this brick(what we call an organized grouping of cans) is stacked at least 5 deep) and, $3000 per can is about one third of price i have been told they cost. i have read that ups has $170 million in air containers. if this is true and, this is only 1% of ups air cans that is $1.7 million.

plus, the majority of these cans we can see from the road are the largest we fly: "AFA's". they tare in at 980-1005 lbs. the vast majority of this weight is Al. these things probably would have a decent salvage value. and, since AFA's can only fly on 747s and center loaded in 767s, why did ups buy so many? how many 747s would have to be in the fleet to make this many cans reasonable? and if you had that many 747s, where would we park them. the ramps at sdf are already bursting at the seems...

anyway, i haven't seen the calender yet.

over9five

Staff member
Yuck. I handed out some calendars today APOLOGIZING as I did so.

"Here you go, sir. Thank you for using UPS. Sorry these calendars are so bad".

drewed

Shankman
i don't really want to get in an argument about this, and we are way off the Calender 2009 subject, but quickly explain how there are no more than 300 cans there (driving by you can tell this brick(what we call an organized grouping of cans) is stacked at least 5 deep) and, $3000 per can is about one third of price i have been told they cost. i have read that ups has $170 million in air containers. if this is true and, this is only 1% of ups air cans that is $1.7 million.

plus, the majority of these cans we can see from the road are the largest we fly: "AFA's". they tare in at 980-1005 lbs. the vast majority of this weight is Al. these things probably would have a decent salvage value. and, since AFA's can only fly on 747s and center loaded in 767s, why did ups buy so many? how many 747s would have to be in the fleet to make this many cans reasonable? and if you had that many 747s, where would we park them. the ramps at sdf are already bursting at the seems...

anyway, i haven't seen the calender yet.
Do we need to sit and count them in the picture?
I was going off of 3000 bucks is what we would charge someone who lost one of our cans for replacement cost.
Well right now we have what 15 747s and at the end of the year all but the new 400s are gettting retired so thatll drop us down to 6, 2 400 converts and 4 400 frieght. Throughout the years UPS has picked up quiet a few smaller frieght companies and this is probably where they all came from.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Do we need to sit and count them in the picture?
I was going off of 3000 bucks is what we would charge someone who lost one of our cans for replacement cost.
Well right now we have what 15 747s and at the end of the year all but the new 400s are gettting retired so thatll drop us down to 6, 2 400 converts and 4 400 frieght. Throughout the years UPS has picked up quiet a few smaller frieght companies and this is probably where they all came from.

Let me guess...the relationship of this post in relation to calendars in that:
Can the Calendars?