2010 Calendar a YES

Six Sides

Does anyone know the total cost of the new 2010 calendars? I wonder if the money saved on management raises and 401K match could cover it. Any thoughts?

helenofcalifornia

You think there will be calendars?? The 2009 calendar was pretty bad; I would hate to see what they come up with this year in an effort to save more money.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
You think there will be calendars?? The 2009 calendar was pretty bad; I would hate to see what they come up with this year in an effort to save more money.
The 2010 calenders are out. I got one yesterday. They are back to the traditional, glossy, twelve page calender.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

Your hate for management is showing through.

You know damn well they will get of sups that are actually doing someting for this company, and not those that have jobs created so they have jobs.

So the dead weight will continue, and the stress and workload of those that actually do something will increase.

So while you see cost savings (and they will claim it), I think it will be a wash. Those that dont do anything will come up with other things for those that do work to do, to justify their jobs.

d

over9five

Staff member
The 2010 calenders are out. I got one yesterday. They are back to the traditional, glossy, twelve page calender.
Really? What happened to "going green"?

LOL! I'll tell ya what happened. No one wanted their incredibly ugly green calendar! What a joke that was!!!! Glad they've returned to their senses.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Really? What happened to "going green"?

LOL! I'll tell ya what happened. No one wanted their incredibly ugly green calendar! What a joke that was!!!! Glad they've returned to their senses.
Not exactly. The people who are designing this thing still don't get it totally. The day numbers are huge and the lines of the grid are very thick and dark. Not much room to write in the individual squares.

Design people: Everything doesn't have to be "cutting edge".

1. People want to be able to write notes in the squares.
  2. They want to see a interesting/pleasing picture.
That's it. It's not rocket science.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Well, maybe I will hang one up in my kitchen if it looks decent. Last year was the first time in 34 years I didn't hang one up at home.

over9five

Staff member
One thing you can say about the green calendars:

Remember how everyone had to hoard calendars because all the customers wanted several? Didn't happen with the green calendars, you could find them in the customers trash barrel if you needed more.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Scratch, correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe the first UPS calander was in 1978 sooo...are you using Obama math?

You could be right. I started part time in 1975, I was 17 then and calendars didn't seem to be important back then. I have the old ones stashed all over my house, I need to get them together and organize them sometimes. I use to write down appointments and important events in them, they were kind of like a diary in a way.

whiskey

Well, maybe I will hang one up in my kitchen if it looks decent. Last year was the first time in 34 years I didn't hang one up at home.
The Calendar evoked as much magic as the Turkey. Thank God the Calendar is back. I have as many Calendar stories as I do Turkey stories. Remember, perception is reality. Kind of like, washing those clunky brown trucks every day, even though the reason they are brown in the first place, is because brown is the same color as dirt.

tarbar66

I was only allowed to hang mine out in the garage!

No girly calendars allowed out there because the grandchildren like to help out.

Their parents did not like help out the way the grandkids do.