2011 Summer Concert Season

fethrs

Rush
IMG_3453.jpg
IMG_3453.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Taylor Swift Concert Review

Full house at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro last night. 52,000 fans showed up. From my perspective in field seating, 98% of the fans were teenaged girls most between the ages of 13 - 16. Great seats, we were about 10 rows behid the pit, front and center.
We got there early for the 6:00 show, it has been raining here for days but now the sun was out and I was thinking I'd end up sunburned in the open stadium. Note to self: Bring hat to next concert. As it turned out, they had earlier announced delaying the show till 7:00 because of the (now non-existant) rain. Note to self: Check website for updates before you go to next concert.

The two jumbotrons were set up to display text images that you could send from your cell. I'm reading them, and kinda thinking "Yeah right, these are pre-programmed!" That is, until my new BFF Cara yells "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! THAT'S MINE!!!!!!!" Cara was seated beside me, and knew everything about Taylor. I learned that Taylors favorite number is 13, after I asked why every girl there had "13" written on the back of their hand. (As did Taylor, I saw later). They also had Taylor trivia questions on the jumbotron, and Cara answered all those correctly.

Well, a couple of girls in front of us get up and come back with concert t-shirts. Some in our group decide they must have one, so we all walk over to the stand. I quickly decide I do not need a Taylor Swift t-shirt. A mistake that will come to haunt me in about an hour....
On the way back to our seats, we walk by this tree thing with a bench around it. What the heck???

There were three bands on before Taylor, and I liked them all. James Wesley, Randy Montana, and Need to Breathe. Although the crowd cheered, it was obvious they were there for Taylor.

Taylor comes on, and every girl in the stadium sang every word to every song with her. Many had tears of pure joy running down their cheeks. Including my new BFF.
3/4 of the way through her show, Taylor is suddenly walking through the field (with security)! She ends up at the glass tree thingy with the bench. Sits down, and starts playing her guitar. The tree thingy lights up and slowly turns. 2,000 teeanage girls crowd around her, she's now about 15' away from us.

Now it starts to rain. Big time. I'm freezing actually shivering (shorts and a t-shirt), and I'm thinking young Taylor must be freezing too as all she has on is a sleevless sun dress. But she keeps playing. Eventually she heads back to the stage. This is the point where I almost lose my life from a trampling of crazed young girls trying to touch Taylor as she makes her way back to the stage.
It is now pouring and I am freezing, so I decide I will be the proud owner of a Taylor Swift t-shirt. I go buy one, and wrap it around my head to warm up a little. It works! I won't die now. Note to self: Bring a hoodie to next concert.

To my amazement, Taylor continues to sing in the pouring rain. I figured she'd keep playing, but way back under the stage overhang. Nope! She stayed out there with the audience getting soaked. That impressed me, she obviously loves what she does. She stayed out there and wow'ed everybody, and smiled and had fun the whole time.

I had been dreading going to this, but I ended up having a great time. An additional final note to self: Bring a real camera next time, cell phone pics suck!

klein

Für Meno :)
Don't know if anyone seen this on the Dizzee logo thread, but this is just a small part of the 4 day outdoor concert I sold hotdogs at.
Didn't have time to film that much, and missed filming CCR.

Have fun watching ! :)