2012 Summer Olympics

texan

_62019913_hi015492733.jpg

texan

I watched this fight and I agree:

Olympics-Boxing-India to appeal against overturned decision.

Aug 4 (Reuters) - India will appeal against the International Boxing
Association's (AIBA) decision to overturn a result that cost welterweight boxer
Vikas Krishan a quarter-final spot at the London Olympics, chef de mission
P.K.M. Raja said on Saturday.
World amateur bronze medallist Krishan originally won his bout against Errol
Spence 13-11 but, after reviewing video footage, the AIBA declared the American
the winner.
The governing body said its competition jury found Spence should have been
awarded four additional points for fouls committed by the Indian.

texan

Looks tight and scary for the US Basketball team vs Lituania. Score 4th period 85 US 84 LTU.
US has missed a lot, can not make 3 pointers. Come on USA. 4:35 left

klein

Für Meno :)
Finally !
Canada gets their first Gold Medal of the games (women's trampoline).
Moved up from spot 33 in the rankings to spot 21 today.

texan

Team USA Vs. Lithuania Final Score: United States Gain Hard Victory At 2012 London Olympics
Until now, the United States men's basketball team had steamrolled opponents leading up to
their match with Lithuania.
It was clear to everyone that the schedule wouldn't be as easy as it had been with previous
opponents like Tunisia and Nigeria providing historic scoring opportunities for Team USA.

But today at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Lithuania proved themselves to be a
strong opponent for the Americans and a potential contender for the gold medal.
In the end, the Americans won 99-94.

The Americans simply could not score at will against an athletic Lithuanian team, and there
were numerous lead changes down the stretch. The Lithuanians shot well all day at 58 percent
from the floor and Linas Kleiza led all scorers with 25 points.

Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James and Kevin Durant handled the scoring load for the U.S.
with 20, 20 and 16 points respectively.

Team USA faces Argentina on Monday in their next game to wrap up group play.

Team USA Vs. Lithuania Final Score: United States Gain Hard Victory At 2012 London Olympics - SB Nation Kansas City

moreluck

golden ticket member
Having a close game like that will bring the team back to reality.......a bit of a humbling experience after that 156 point blow out the other day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The true test of this team would be a split squad game played simply for bragging rights. Name Lebron and Kobe captains and let them pick teams like we did on the playground. No TV or press---just the two teams playing against one another on a practice court.

texan

Having a close game like that will bring the team back to reality.......a bit of a humbling experience after that 156 point blow out the other day.

Agree 100 percent.

They just kept missing baskets / free throws and Lithuania was making them
and playing great defense.

They were not intimated at all by the USA.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The 15 year old American Girl katie Ledecky who won the Gold in the womens 800 swimming freestyle was amazing . To think she stood in line @ 6 years old to get Michael Phelps autograph.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Galen Rupp just took silver in the 10k, first American man to medal since 1964. Awesome race and I give NBC props for broadcasting the whole thing, not just cutting back to it for final laps.

P

pickup

Klein, not trying to rub it in, but it looks like Canada is not doing too well in the Olympics , based on the medal count. From what I researched, it looks like Canada has one gold medal while US has 26. Is this due to Canada being a winter sports country?

P

pickup

Okay, I just saw Moreluck's post and googled that gold medal for Canada . Trampoline???? What other sports are in the olympics that I don't know about ? - Hopscotch, Jump rope????

Okay, Sorry, but now I am rubbing it in

texan

London 2012 trampoline: Rosie MacLennan wins gold, Karen Cockburn in fourth

LONDON — Rosannagh MacLennan won Canada’s first gold medal of the London Olympics
on Saturday, taking top spot in the women’s trampoline at the North Greenwich Arena.

75d4c2f54c1994dad7dbfb4d8155.jpg