2014 Enhancement?

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by airops, Jan 15, 2014.

1. airops

airops Member

Any ideas on what our next enhancement will be? How about when it will be announced?

2. grinandbearit

grinandbearit New Member

My guess, Retirement age raised to 59, the goal is to get as many senior people out before they hit 30 years of service and 55 and next 30 and 59. This will push any retirement payment's till you are 65 saving UPS hundreds of millions

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

The legal language in the retirement contract is very tightly written.
    The idea that future gens of UPS Management Committee could not easily change it to do things like you are talking about.
    When every buyout was offered, I heard the Accounting folks complaining about how the "pension" language was airtight.
    One thing going our way ... hopefully.

The cost to UPS is pretty much the same ... look at the monthly payout before retirement age 65 back to age 55.

4. Alexcross774

Alexcross774 Spinning my wheels.

What they will be I'm not sure. When? I would say 1-3 days before the 4th quarter numbers come out.

5. SignificantOwner

SignificantOwner A Package Center Manager

Maybe we'll announce a planned enhancement for 2014 peak season service levels.

6. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

See the headlines...gonna make MIP interesting.

7. Yankfan

Yankfan Member

Over the past few years MIP have become increasingly "interesting". The quarterly conference call reveiw of the status of the MIP goals was a great new development this year implemented to take some of the shock and disappointment out of the final announcement.

8. Popeye

Popeye Member

I wonder who on the Management Committee will be receiving a "Needs Significant Improvement" on their QPRs over the peak debacle?

9. Mr Jingles

Mr Jingles Rat out of a cage

The ones that retire.

10. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

I am glad the management committee sold "some" stock before it dropped, go look and see how much was sold.

I am not shocked at the MIP quarterly announcements..I am just tracking the wrong stuff on my BSC!!