2014 Enhancement?

grinandbearit

Any ideas on what our next enhancement will be? How about when it will be announced?
My guess, Retirement age raised to 59, the goal is to get as many senior people out before they hit 30 years of service and 55 and next 30 and 59. This will push any retirement payment's till you are 65 saving UPS hundreds of millions

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My guess, Retirement age raised to 59, the goal is to get as many senior people out before they hit 30 years of service and 55 and next 30 and 59. This will push any retirement payment's till you are 65 saving UPS hundreds of millions
The legal language in the retirement contract is very tightly written.
The idea that future gens of UPS Management Committee could not easily change it to do things like you are talking about.
When every buyout was offered, I heard the Accounting folks complaining about how the "pension" language was airtight.
One thing going our way ... hopefully.

The cost to UPS is pretty much the same ... look at the monthly payout before retirement age 65 back to age 55.

Yankfan

Over the past few years MIP have become increasingly "interesting". The quarterly conference call reveiw of the status of the MIP goals was a great new development this year implemented to take some of the shock and disappointment out of the final announcement.

Popeye

I wonder who on the Management Committee will be receiving a "Needs Significant Improvement" on their QPRs over the peak debacle?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Over the past few years MIP have become increasingly "interesting". The quarterly conference call reveiw of the status of the MIP goals was a great new development this year implemented to take some of the shock and disappointment out of the final announcement.

I am glad the management committee sold "some" stock before it dropped, go look and see how much was sold.

I am not shocked at the MIP quarterly announcements..I am just tracking the wrong stuff on my BSC!!