2014 Peak Playbook

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ChickenLegs, Oct 19, 2014.

1. ChickenLegs

ChickenLegs Safety Expert

To all, for discussion:

Last week all senior staff received and were briefed on the 2014 peak playbook. The book (binder) features the objectives and goals of operations for peak. It contains alarming instructions.

Safety: Reducing [reported] injuries by employing various methods and tactics. The safety section contains 18 pages of methods and tactics used to deter employee from reporting the injury.

Media: There are very strict guidelines this year involving the media. The company wants to avoid a public relations nightmare and outlines several steps that must be taken.

Service: All packages are expected to make service - "by all means necessary."

Whistleblower: There are methods that must be used to spot the troublemakers among the management rankings. There are teams dedicated to monitor social media as part of the PR initiative.

Whistleblower 2: Details include methods and tactics for emotional and psychological manipulation among the bargaining unit.

Discipline: All discipline shall be minimum with regards to tactics as described in other sections.

This is also a lengthy section which includes new methods for taking notes and interviews.

Troublemakers: Section includes redundant information about discipline and psychological tactics - but it focuses on certain types of people. Not the employee everyone knows is a troublemaker - but the employees who actively listen to them.

Seasonal employee: All seasonal employees must feel important to the cause. Manipulation will be used (outlined in other sections). Safety - refers to safety section designed to reduce injury reports.

Loss prevention: New training and equipment has been completed at test buildings. Deployment will not occur until 2015. (All that was mentioned about LP)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

:sleeping2::sleeping2::sleeping2:

3. jaker

jaker trolling

Oh it's going to be a great peak

4. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

business as usual

5. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

they forgot to mention the part about, PUT YOUR HEAD BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AND KIS YOUR A@# GOOD BYE.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Somebody copy that and post it please.

7. CHALLY9TX

CHALLY9TX Active Member

It's not peak. It's "safety season"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I read this while on the pot and my feet just went numb.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

We have always been told to never talk to media and to direct them to the UPS Public Relations department, but have no idea what that number is.

Nothing unethical, I'm sure.

Would that be you? :biggrin:

Are we going to mindlessly repeat some oath everyday or use other hypnotic suggestions?

I doubt most seasonals report anything, unless it is serious, anyway.

10. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Im on the hopper myself reading it too. Seriously nothing like cracking up on the hopper lol

11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Hopper? Upschuck might disagree... It's the sh**ter...or the can...lol

12. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Was being a lil less discrete about it lol.

13. ChickenLegs

The hopper
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Everything you listed was already in the management play book. Unusual for it to be put in writing though.

15. I doubt it was in writing about the injuries.

16. The rest of us,overpaid Teamsters. Will have to do our best,and save face. We know,what needs done!

17. Don't we always save the day anyway?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Just waiting for my Superman cape,to come back from the dry cleaners.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Your superman cape is the brown uniform brother.

20. ChickenLegs

Every page in the binder was printed on red paper. Each page also had a bar code printed along the left side. I'm assuming this is to track down someone who attempts to leak it to the media.

The playbook was not distributed to supervisors or anyone like that. The info will make its way down the ladder though. You heard it here first !