2014 rolls in with bad weather

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thinking of all my BC friends who are out delivering in this crappy weather across the Midwest, Northeast (and the Southeast rain).
Cleveland looks like it is almost undrivable.

oldngray

nowhere special
Only 4 inches of snow in central Ohio so far but they are already talking about closing a freeway because conditions are so bad.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Pretty much hate the job on days like today. On a side note should make it even more of a slam dunk that I will only need 3 days to get on the 9.5 list.

rod

Retired 22 years
Now if we here in the Dakotas and Mn. can just get the brutally cold weather (-20 and more) to move east we will gladly let you have all the fun of winter.

oldngray

nowhere special
Now if we here in the Dakotas and Mn. can just get the brutally cold weather (-20 and more) to move east we will gladly let you have all the fun of winter.

Dakotas and MN is where Scandinavians searched worldwide to find someplace else just as cold and miserable before settling there.

rod

Retired 22 years
Dakotas and MN is where Scandinavians searched worldwide to find someplace else just as cold and miserable before settling there.

I have been known to ask myself a time or two why in the hell I live here. On the plus side we do have two weeks in the spring and two weeks in the fall (sometimes) when the weather is perfect. Its amazing to see but after a long cold spell like we have had for the last month the first day the temperature gets up to 30 above people will be outside with no jackets riding motorcycles and acting like its a tropical day in Florida. I remember growing up here and Mom let us kids play outside in shorts with no shirt on the first day we hit 50 in the spring.

Thebrownstreak

I really can't imagine working in temps in the -20's for weeks on end. A few years ago we had temps in the negative single digits for a week, and it was just impossible to do anything productive in those temps. The very next week, our temps spiked into the low 70's, so i went from wearing layers on layers with a knit hat, gloves, a gator and boots to shorts and the short sleeve ups :censored2:. That was a weird 2 1/2 week swing in temps.

rod

Retired 22 years
I really can't imagine working in temps in the -20's for weeks on end. A few years ago we had temps in the negative single digits for a week, and it was just impossible to do anything productive in those temps. The very next week, our temps spiked into the low 70's, so i went from wearing layers on layers with a knit hat, gloves, a gator and boots to shorts and the short sleeve ups :censored2:. That was a weird 2 1/2 week swing in temps.

The worst part when I was working was it was impossible for me to wear the correct about of winter clothes on REAL cold days. My route was half rural and half delivering a small town. About the time you were wearing long johns,winter boots,heavy wool socks, 3 or 4 layers of top clothing, a stocking cap pulled down over your ears, a good pair of gloves and are for the most part comfortable with an average delivery you would get stuck in a Court House or some business that takes forever to write a COD check. It wouldn't take long to work up a good sweat---then have to go back outside. It was SO much easier to dress for hot weather.

oldngray

nowhere special
The worst part when I was working was it was impossible for me to wear the correct about of winter clothes on REAL cold days. My route was half rural and half delivering a small town. About the time you were wearing long johns,winter boots,heavy wool socks, 3 or 4 layers of top clothing, a stocking cap pulled down over your ears, a good pair of gloves and are for the most part comfortable with an average delivery you would get stuck in a Court House or some business that takes forever to write a COD check. It wouldn't take long to work up a good sweat---then have to go back outside. It was SO much easier to dress for hot weather.

I agree. Better to stay out in the cold than keep going in and out with alternating sweating and freezing.

oldngray

nowhere special
Its getting too frickin' cold to shovel or snowblow. I already did mine and its nasty out. At least its a light fluffy snow.