2016 "Dump Hoffa Slate" or "Anybody but Hoffa Slate!"

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
With the Teamster election just over a year away and the beginning of the first delegate elections just months away it's very important to organize and find a good and appealing name for those of you intending to run a delegate slate.

The majority of members do not know what a delegate election is; or for what its for. The incumbents also always use the term "experience" to get their members to vote for them. With that being said its always very difficult for reformers to win.

Five years ago there was two slates that named themselves"The Dump Hoffa Slate" and a third one "Anybody but Hoffa Slate." All three slates succeeded in defeating the incumbent officers. Like I said, people might be reluctant to vote for someone they don't know as opposed to the "experience" slate, but members are now more than ever ready to vote against Hoffa.

So if any of you intend to run a delegate slate at your local in support of the Teamsters United Slate...adopting one of these names for your slate would be more appealing and and the possibilities of defeating the hofficers in your local would increase.

anHOURover

Get informed ?

Yeah.

Get informed.

TDU.... at it's finest.

-Bug-
Bug you lost all credibility ! You always bring a butter knife to a Wild West gun fight!! Your all bark!! You never post proof! You been called out numerous times and you just ignore!!
Louisana Ave will need a bigger lunch room shortly!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug you lost all credibility ! You always bring a butter knife to a Wild West gun fight!! Your all bark!! You never post proof! You been called out numerous times and you just ignore!!

And your command of the english language, is impressive.

You sound like the goofball from PA.

-Bug-

Come on you don't want proof. I can list all kind of things and you don't want to see it. You won't. You are ignorant.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You are ignorant.

People, posting pictures on Facebook threatening the General President....

Are beyond ignorant. (since they couldn't even keep themselves in a job)

2ef59x3.jpg

If you don't like someone, man up and throw your hat (and money) in the ring.

In this day and age of social media....

Too many people talk smack.

They certainly wouldn't speak their thoughts to someones face.

-Bug-

That sounds like a rant.... but it's the truth.

(and the person that posted this pic on Facebook, I am talking to you)

anHOURover

2ef59x3.jpg

-Bug-

I like that picture BUG. I got the same one!

2ef59x3.jpg

-Bug-

Where did you rip that from? I've looked at a couple of those Facebook pages and I can't figure out why labor managers aren't lining these guys and girls up outside the office. Ups must be hurting for people because I've seen a lot on there with names attached that could have people on the outside looking in real quick.

5habits100

2ef59x3.jpg

-Bug-

(and the person that posted this pic on Facebook, I am talking to you)
I posted the throw your hat in the ring comment last week and someone who's picture is on the TDU website said that argument is stale. I even offered to put my name on their petition for signatures if they pulled their bb's out.
It really amazes me how they have big balls on the Internet to make comments, threats but don't have the nerve to pony up.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I posted the throw your hat in the ring comment last week and someone who's picture is on the TDU website said that argument is stale. I even offered to put my name on their petition for signatures if they pulled their bb's out.
It really amazes me how they have big balls on the Internet to make comments, threats but don't have the nerve to pony up.

The locker room lawyers, never cease to amaze me.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It's still stale and just another attempt to derail, but it is starting to wear me down.:anxious:

TDU, TDU, boo whoo for the TDU!!!!:taz:

I hereby declare my intention to run for IBT President!!!:rockon:

Wait a minute, why not President Of The United States?:usaflag2:

804brown

It's still stale and just another attempt to derail, but it is starting to wear me down.:anxious:

Wait, there are already 15 "Bubbleheads" running for president !!

5habits100

You should try to win in your local first.

Oh wait, you did on a few occasions and it didn't work out for you.

Stale :-)

Hoffa, Hoffa, boo whoo for the Hoffa :hesaidsmiley:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You should try to win in your local first.

Oh wait, you did on a few occasions and it didn't work out for you.

Stale :-)

Hoffa, Hoffa, boo whoo for the Hoffa :hesaidsmiley:

So you acknowledge that I have and do "throw my hat in the ring"???, while you hide behind your anonymity.
First time I ran as an "eleventh hour" part time trustee addition to a slate, the last time for the Vice President position in my local (and I almost won).
In the end it's not for everybody, and obviously, everybody couldn't and shouldn't run for union office.

What's stale is your tactics in trying to squelch those who are voicing their opinions by emasculating them with phrases like "throw your hat in the ring", "son", "boy", etc., as well as insisting for proof of contrary statements, while representing yourself as beyond refute in your own unsubstantiated statements.
In the end, the only qualification for someone to voice an opinion on this subject is that they be a dues paying member or retiree of our union.
One day you and your bell ringers might realize that these tactics work in reverse with many and only serve to fan the flames of change.

So, by all means, keep it up.

Last edited: