2100 Sunday work.

willirons

UPSYours
For 2 months our lowest seniority relief feeder driver has been covering 2100 Sunday's. Five of those Sunday's he's subsequently worked Monday giving him double time for the Sunday work. I'm the highest seniority driver who works nights and have only been asked to cover one Sunday. Feeder tells me he's not scheduled Monday so I have no claim. They've used him to cover jobs not only in our center but other centers as well on those Monday's. my believe is 2100 Sunday should be put up for bid weekly and considered extra work. Any advice? FYI, we don't have a Sunday sort, the job retrieves preload boxes then shifts the preload. Thanks

jaker

trolling
I am confused , you want to work Sunday or just take the benefit of the extra day of overtime

If you run out of hours on your run because you work Sunday then no you can't do that

willirons

UPSYours
I have no problem working a 6th day. My understanding is that premium pay should be offered to the highest seniority driver available for that work

jaker

trolling
Can't say if its premium work or more of his schedule

You said he is not supposed to work on Monday but he finds a way and that's what gives him that extra

willirons

UPSYours
I suppose the real issue is if Sunday work is considered "extra work", then should it be bid weekly? Is it considered a job if its only scheduled for one day a week? The contract is very confusing. One part states that Sunday is premium pay while another shows 2100 Sunday can be considered regular pay as part of a M-friend job. Just looking to see how other centers may handle this.

willirons

UPSYours
Either he finds a way to work Monday or feeder ends up using him. This is 8 weeks in a row that the driver that has covered Sunday has subsequently worked Monday. Only once in that 8 weeks has it been me and I have the most seniority

fres431

Put pen to paper and grieve it, ask for pay for all hours worked on Sunday by lower seniority and ask for bid sheet to be put up.

jaker

trolling
I suppose the real issue is if Sunday work is considered "extra work", then should it be bid weekly? Is it considered a job if its only scheduled for one day a week? The contract is very confusing. One part states that Sunday is premium pay while another shows 2100 Sunday can be considered regular pay as part of a M-friend job. Just looking to see how other centers may handle this.
Here Sunday is just another day unless you have worked a full week

This week my schedule is Sunday though Wednesday off Thursday and Friday and work Sat, Sunday and Monday on sleeper

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
My schedule is adjusted weekly by my supervisor. I work a lot of Sundays which to me just gives me more options to pick work I want throughout the week. I makes no difference which 5 days I work because at the end of the week that is my schedule. The upside is it makes no difference which days I don't work so I can always have a long weekend.

Unless I am approved to go over 5 days work I am in big trouble if I get a 6th punch.

willirons

UPSYours
Unfortunately, it seems as if a grievance maybe the only way to get there attention. I like the sups and manager however we're talking several thousand dollars that has been given to lower seniority drivers. Thanks for the feedback

jaker

trolling
Unfortunately, it seems as if a grievance maybe the only way to get there attention. I like the sups and manager however we're talking several thousand dollars that has been given to lower seniority drivers. Thanks for the feedback
I fail to see your grievance without you knowing his working schedule

The only thing you could file on if they are only asking the lower guys to work extra first

But here is your problem also if the extra work is Monday then how are you even supposed to do it

You could file if extra work is offered outside your schedule and no one ask you

guyinthebrownbox

Here Sunday is considered a normal work day, so only way a driver to make double time is hit a 7th report. If his Sunday run is extra and not part of his scheduled run for the week, the work should be offered to all drivers and awarded in seniority order

willirons

UPSYours
The extra work is Sunday. I'm 2100 M-friend. The problem is the Sunday work is supposedly straight time unless you work Monday then the Sunday work becomes double time. If every week the driver covering Sunday ultimately works Monday that's an issue. Premium pay is suppose to be offered to the highest seniority driver first

Johney

Our work week starts on Sunday how would it ever become double time pay? If you work M-friend(5 8's) and worked the Sunday before the start of your work week then you should get overtime for all of Friday(your sixth report) or if you run 4 10's you would get o/t on your 5th report. I'm not getting where double time comes into play at all. Must be a regional thing.

willirons

UPSYours
We are a small center with no Sunday sort. Therefore any work performed on Sunday is considered premium pay. I know many areas have Sun-Thursday jobs, we don't

willirons

UPSYours
We only have 4 total jobs. 1 CPU & 3 2100 m-friend. We're not allowed to have a S-thur run we're told because we have no Sunday sort. I believe a grievance was won by a local hub over this

barnyard

KTM rider
My building has the same sort of schedule. 1 daytime and 3 late starts m-friend. One of the feeder guys grieved the early Monday morning shifting work. He lost. That work is done by qualified combo job holders. By grieving it, he did make it so that all Tues-Fri shifting work is done by feeders and all the PT supes go out of their way to ask feeders before sending a combo guy out to do it.