2100 Sunday work.

willirons

UPSYours
We have no early Monday job. Shifting is covered by the Sunday 2100 run. We also have no combo drivers however they have used unqualified personnel to shift at times. That was grieved and we won that.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We have no early Monday job. Shifting is covered by the Sunday 2100 run. We also have no combo drivers however they have used unqualified personnel to shift at times. That was grieved and we won that.

So this guy has a 2100 M-friend job, but he works Sunday and is given Monday off, but ends up working Monday?

What supplement? This would not happen in the Central. Jobs must be scheduled for 5 consecutive days.

In the Central, this Sunday work would be extra work going to the highest senior person wanting it. It would also not be double time. It would be straight time, being the first day of the week.

His 6th day Friday would be all time and a half for 2 reasons.

1. His 6th punch

2. If he worked his normal job, plus Sunday, he should have his 40 hours straight time in already by Friday, assuming he worked at least 8 hours on Sunday. After 40 hours straight time, everything else is OT.

Grieve it unless your supplement specifically allows a split work week.

willirons

UPSYours
Yes, he's relief feeder with a pkg route. 6 out of the last 9 weeks he's worked Sunday followed by Monday which in our center puts him on dbl time for Sunday hours. Nearly 5k in OT the lowest seniority feeder driver has received

jaker

trolling
Just grieve it already , this is what's wrong with the job anyways

You rather work on Sunday to make more money and spend less time with your family and we wonder why ups does what they do to us

willirons

UPSYours
Actually Jaker, by working Sunday, I'd have the opportunity to take most Friday's off leaving more time to spend with my family Friday & Saturday's.

jaker

trolling
Actually Jaker, by working Sunday, I'd have the opportunity to take most Friday's off leaving more time to spend with my family Friday & Saturday's.
But if you take Friday off then it's not about the money , you are trying to work the system to get Friday off

In Cali you have to work 7 straight days to get double , so because of where I am at you are just trying to change your days off

But every area is different and now I see what you are really tying to do

willirons

UPSYours
In our local, Sunday becomes dbl time, whenever you work Monday, regardless of if you work Friday. I'd much rather work A Sun-Thur schedule because It leaves more time with my family on the weekends. I'd take a Sun-Thur with no dbl time if it were an option but it isn't

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yes, he's relief feeder with a pkg route. 6 out of the last 9 weeks he's worked Sunday followed by Monday which in our center puts him on dbl time for Sunday hours. Nearly 5k in OT the lowest seniority feeder driver has received

Now I'm really confused.

Now you say he has a package route, not a feeder bid. If he does a feeder job on Sunday and Monday, like you said he is doing, what is he doing Tue-Fri?

He can't do packages on Tuesday because he will not have had 10 hours off.

So is he working a feeder job all week the times that he works on Sunday, or is he getting another day off during the week and running bundles?

Is he running out of hours by Friday and getting Friday off if he is running feeders all week?

Do you have enough hours available to work Sunday plus your normal weekly job?

Extra work is qualified and available. If you do not normally have enough hours to do your M-friend job, plus the extra work on Sunday, you may not win an extra work grievance.

I believe he means they run just a 2100 Sunday to retrieve preload boxes then shift the preload. It's not a bid job. The work is not offered to bid drivers. If the relief driver works the 2100 then turns around and works Monday he gets dbl time for the Sunday work. It seems as though since it's a stand alone 2100 start weekly it should be bid weekly

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I believe he means they run just a 2100 Sunday to retrieve preload boxes then shift the preload. It's not a bid job. The work is not offered to bid drivers. If the relief driver works the 2100 then turns around and works Monday he gets dbl time for the Sunday work. It seems as though since it's a stand alone 2100 start weekly it should be bid weekly

I get it. But, if he works Sunday, starting at 2100 like the OP said, he cannot run bundles Monday. So to work Monday, he must run feeders with a night start time.

He then cannot run bundles on Tuesday (needs 10 hours off), so does he get Tuesday off and then work bundles W-friend or does he continue to work feeders all week?

Is this driver scheduled Sunday and then T-friend for his 5 day guarantee, but ends up working Monday as extra work?

Doesn't he OP normally have enough hours to do the Sunday job plus his M-friend job?

Too many unaswered questions for anyone but his BA to help him, unless he wants to provide more details.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I get it. But, if he works Sunday, starting at 2100 like the OP said, he cannot run bundles Monday. So to work Monday, he must run feeders with a night start time.

He then cannot run bundles on Tuesday (needs 10 hours off), so does he get Tuesday off and then work bundles W-friend or does he continue to work feeders all week?

Is this driver scheduled Sunday and then T-friend for his 5 day guarantee, but ends up working Monday as extra work?

Doesn't he OP normally have enough hours to do the Sunday job plus his M-friend job?

Too many unaswered questions for anyone but his BA to help him, unless he wants to provide more details.

Guess I didn't proofread the above post.

I meant to say....Does the OP have enough hours to do the Sunday job plus his M-friend job?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
And one more point. I am not berating the OP or anybody else, but we see issues like this far too often and it amazes me.

The company wanted to put in a Sun-Thur job.
The employees did not want a Sun-Thur job so they grieved it.
The employees won. No Sun-Thur job.

Now, the OP wants to work Sun-Thur.

willirons

UPSYours
I'll try explain more clearly. We want a Sun-Thur job here. Feeder refuses to put one on. I'd take that job. I don't want to work 6 days necessarily but if I work Sunday then usually Friday is a shortened night or covered by a relief driver. Sunday is the dbl time pay if followed up by A Monday punch. The relief driver who has been doing Sunday's has worked 6 out of the last 8 Mondays following his Sunday work giving him dbl time. He is the lowest seniority feeder driver getting all the dbl time.

willirons

UPSYours
A lot of assumptions are made here which are false. Never grieved Sun-Thur job. Seems that many people that post on here don't realize different locals have different riders that may not apply to the center they work out of

willirons

UPSYours
Just found out the manager is eliminating our 2100 Sunday job. Is reversing the run to get preload boxes moved and will start a relief driver@0330 Monday to shift. If this isn't retaliation then what is? We've had that 2100 Sunday for 9yrs

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
A lot of assumptions are made here which are false. Never grieved Sun-Thur job. Seems that many people that post on here don't realize different locals have different riders that may not apply to the center they work out of

No assumptions made on my part. I just repeated exactly what you said.

We only have 4 total jobs. 1 CPU & 3 2100 m-friend. We're not allowed to have a S-thur run we're told because we have no Sunday sort. I believe a grievance was won by a local hub over this

I did not say that you grieved it, but it was grieved and won by the Union. Don't blame Buster.

Feeder refuses to put one on

They refuse to put one in because the Union won a grievance telling them that they cannot.

I don't want to work 6 days necessarily but if I work Sunday then usually Friday is a shortened night or covered by a relief driver

Like I said in a previous post. You obviously do not have the necessary hour to work Sunday and your M-friend bid without them having to adjust your Friday. You are not available for this extra work on Sunday.

He is the lowest seniority feeder driver getting all the dbl time

Obviously, this guy is available to do Sunday and the rest of his job throughout the week. You are not. I get it that it may be double time, but for you to do Sunday, they would have to cover your Friday bid job.

Extra work is qualified and available. You are not available to do Sunday AND your bid job. And UPS cannot put in a Sun-Thur job for you because the Union told them they cannot.

Be careful what you wish for.....because you may just get it.

fres431

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1475185069.573766.jpg

I'd take every Sunday work I could get, as long as we start on a Sunday we get paid that rate until we clock out.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Just found out the manager is eliminating our 2100 Sunday job. Is reversing the run to get preload boxes moved and will start a relief driver@0330 Monday to shift. If this isn't retaliation then what is? We've had that 2100 Sunday for 9yrs

It is easier to eliminate the problem than to deal with it. You probably just made an enemy in this lower seniority driver losing his double time on Sunday that you had no claim to.

If buster finds a driver screwing them, it is easier for them to move the job somewhere else than to fire the driver over it. and 99 times out of 100, the job gets moved and the driver continues on until he falls back into his old habits and gets caught again.

Buster always takes the easy way out.