2100 Sunday work.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
View attachment 98404
I'd take every Sunday work I could get, as long as we start on a Sunday we get paid that rate until we clock out.

And I never doubted the OP about double time on Sunday. There are many supplements or riders specifying double time for Sunday.

I just questioned his availability for the extra Sunday work. He could not work Sunday and complete his normal bid job.

willirons

UPSYours
Mugarolla must be management. Premium pay must be offered to the highest seniority driver first. I played the part of the lower seniority driver that didn't get the dbl time for many years. As far as them having to adjust Friday, that's on them. Sunday is the start of the week and if hours are available seniority prevails. As far as screwing them, your either a troll or an idiot, your choice!

So let me get this straight Mugarolla, you believe a lower seniority driver should be given dbl time first. I hope your not a BA. Ive seen this happen in our center but they've always made it right. Obviously there is an issue that management is failing to address. There are a lot of trolls on here, and I'm sure some management. Mugarolla I'm guessing is one of those

jaker

trolling
Yep Jaker, to bad for you. I'm guessing your a lower seniority driver with that schedule
I am lower seniority , but they schedule my days off while I am out of state on a sleeper

I am ok with it , 8hr until thursday and 12 at time and half on Friday and then another 12 on Sat at double time

Should make for a very nice check

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Mugarolla must be management. Premium pay must be offered to the highest seniority driver first. I played the part of the lower seniority driver that didn't get the dbl time for many years. As far as them having to adjust Friday, that's on them. Sunday is the start of the week and if hours are available seniority prevails. As far as screwing them, your either a troll or an idiot, your choice!

Far from it. Maybe you should understand the contract before you post on things that you "think" you know.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So let me get this straight Mugarolla, you believe a lower seniority driver should be given dbl time first. I hope your not a BA. Ive seen this happen in our center but they've always made it right. Obviously there is an issue that management is failing to address. There are a lot of trolls on here, and I'm sure some management. Mugarolla I'm guessing is one of those

Why is the lower seniority driver getting the double time first? He is not.

He is getting straight time for Sunday. Think about it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

You think I am a troll?

You don't read many threads on here, do you?

I don't sugar coat anything. I tell it the way it is. If you are wrong, I will tell you that you are wrong. I won't make believe that you think that I think that you are not wrong.

Go back and read some of my posts and them tell me again that you think I am a troll.

It's obvious that Sunday is the day they're paying dbl time on when it's followed by a Monday punch in. What part of that are u missing? It's the same in the center I work out of. U are wrong mug!

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's obvious that Sunday is the day they're paying dbl time on when it's followed by a Monday punch in. What part of that are u missing? It's the same in the center I work out of. U are wrong mug!

OK. Let me explain it to you.

As per the OP, the relief driver that works Sunday is not scheduled to work on Monday, thus, then, meaning that Sunday is not double time. Sunday is scheduled at straight time for this driver.

Also, not being scheduled to work on Monday, means that his schedule is Sunday, then Tuesday-Friday.

He is only scheduled to work 5 days. And yes, the company can always use someone first, regardless of seniority, to do the work on straight time as opposed to OT.

He only gets double time after the fact. He is scheduled for straight time on Sunday, where the OP would be scheduled for double time on Sunday because the OP is scheduled to work on Monday.

The relief driver only gets the double time because he works on his scheduled off day, changing his pay rate for Sunday.

Bottom line, Sunday is "scheduled" for this driver at straight time. Sunday would be scheduled for the OP at double time.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Next, we will deal with whether you are available for the extra work.

You never posted your language, but other supplements and riders specify what being available actually means.

The Central states that the employee must complete his normal scheduled weekly job in order to receive premium pay for extra work.

You said that you would either have to take Friday off, or have your schedule adjusted because you would not have enough hours.

Hate to tell you, but in the Central, that disqualifies you. Your rider may have similar language.

And no, that is not on them to adjust Friday. If you cannot complete your normal job, I bet even your BA would agree that you are not "available."

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For what it's worth, Buster is working the system by not giving you that Sunday work. They should do what's right and let you do it.

But, contractually, you don't necessarily have the right to do it.

Do you know how often we work the system to get our way, or to get someone their job back?

It's a two way street. They work the system, we work the system. You just happen to be caught in the middle.

You're welcome to grieve it. And I won't say I told you so.

willirons

UPSYours
Here's the part your missing. I realize if the relief driver works Sunday, and gets called in for Monday due to sick call, I have no argument. However, feeder is bringing in another driver from a different center on Monday's to combo CPU work with his center and ours and starting that driver out of our building. As far as working Friday after working Sunday goes, In a normal week I'd still have enough hours available. And FYI, a driver in a neighboring center with the same m-friend 2100 job as I have, has been working Sundays, and given a modified Friday, periodically for years

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
However, feeder is bringing in another driver from a different center on Monday's to combo CPU work with his center and ours and starting that driver out of our building.

UPS is working the system. No contractual violation.

And FYI, a driver in a neighboring center with the same m-friend 2100 job as I have, has been working Sundays, and given a modified Friday, periodically for years

Again, UPS is working the system. They can do the same thing with you if they "want" to, but, contractually, they don't have to. Apparently, they don't want to do this with you for one reason or another.

Our Work is being performed by an outside driver on Monday's because our relief driver is being used for Sunday 2100.

I thought you said that your relief driver was working Monday and then collecting double time for Sunday. Now it looks like you are saying that a driver from another center is coming to your center to do the work that the relief driver couldn't do because he is scheduled off on Monday to avoid paying him double time for Sunday.

I guess I am missing something, because now I am really confused.

And by the way, it is not your centers work. It is UPS's work. The search function on this site is your friend. There are many threads about hub drivers coming to centers and doing their CPU work. It is happening all over the country and there is nothing we can do about it. No contractual violation.

I feel your pain. Your seniority "should" get you that Sunday work, but we have this thing called a contract, that for better or worse, is keeping you from working Sunday and collecting double time.

willirons

UPSYours
Are u saying that feeder has the right to use drivers that aren't part of the center the CPU volume originates from to do that centers CPU pick ups? That's what's happening here. Feeder is saying hey can use him because the relief driver isn't available because he worked Sunday 2100. My response to them is no duh! If that's the case then what's the point in having building seniority if they can pull drivers from where ever they want to cover any centers work? Isn't it a contractual right for work to be done by an employee where work originates from before it can offered to an outside driver? If they intentionally schedule a relief driver on 2100 to avoid a dbl time punch and then bring in an outside driver to perform work out of that center, this seems like it would be a violation. The relief driver isn't scheduled for Monday even though there is work available. I'm an almost 28yr full time driver who has never filed a grievance and always shows up for work. I know how UPS works. They tend to do what they want irregardless of the contract. I've talked to drivers in our local hubs with a much stronger union presence and they say that would never happen there. Seems like we're being taken advantage of

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Are u saying that feeder has the right to use drivers that aren't part of the center the CPU volume originates from to do that centers CPU pick ups? That's what's happening here. Feeder is saying hey can use him because the relief driver isn't available because he worked Sunday 2100. My response to them is no duh! If that's the case then what's the point in having building seniority if they can pull drivers from where ever they want to cover any centers work? Isn't it a contractual right for work to be done by an employee where work originates from before it can offered to an outside driver? If they intentionally schedule a relief driver on 2100 to avoid a dbl time punch and then bring in an outside driver to perform work out of that center, this seems like it would be a violation. The relief driver isn't scheduled for Monday even though there is work available. I'm an almost 28yr full time driver who has never filed a grievance and always shows up for work. I know how UPS works. They tend to do what they want irregardless of the contract. I've talked to drivers in our local hubs with a much stronger union presence and they say that would never happen there. Seems like we're being taken advantage of

So how are you going to rectify this situation

willirons

UPSYours
Unsure? I've spoke to sups multiple times about this over the past couple years with no resolve. Finally contacted manager whom I like, and still no results. Now I'm hearing the DM is collapsing our Sunday night work altogether. Sure seems like retaliation! I remember when I started that "just do the right thing" was a big part of there philosophy. UPS sure has changed. Feel sorry for the newer drivers out there.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Where I'm at, we have a sign up sheet for extra work that goes by seniority. However, we have to be able to cover our regular jobs all week. So if we need someone to cover our job on the fifth day, contractually, they can prevent us from working extra. It's just easier for us to get extra turns at the end of our days.