21st perfect game ever in the majors

tourists24

Congrats to Humber of the Chicago White Sox for pitching this season's first perfect game. Although Im not too sure about that last strike call....lol.... Still awesome job

The most beautiful thing in all of sports. The pitcher gets credit but it's truly a team effort.

Humber made sure the team got credit as soon as the game was over. He's a straight up guy.

I was at the Buehrle perfect game in 09 and he also made sure the team got credit too as soon as the game was over.

Another cool thing. This was his first start of the season. His scheduled first start was rained out so he was skipped in the lineup until yesterday.

Last edited:

CharleyHustle

I was watching some baseball the other day. I was sad when I found out it was the wrong one. Who knew!!!!!

You were sad? How about those poor folks in Red Sox Nation? Up 9-0 over the hated Yankees and lose 14-9! What a contrast to Humber's effort. I think it will be known as Red Sox Township pretty soon.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You were sad? How about those poor folks in Red Sox Nation? Up 9-0 over the hated Yankees and lose 14-9! What a contrast to Humber's effort. I think it will be known as Red Sox Township pretty soon.
I would imagine they were a bit more emotional than I was. I was sad, though. Those are rare games to get the golden opportunity to see. I am not a sports fanatic, but I really like most. I would have loved to see that. the build up to the last pitch. I would have been jumping out of my pants.

I did feel bad for the red sox on the anniversary of their ball field and to lose at it; to the Yankees, of all people. That would suck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you were watching the Red Sox/Yankees game on Saturday on Fox you would have been taken to Chicago for the 9th inning of the perfect game. Baseball is a team effort but a perfect game is primarily due to the pitcher.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you were watching the Red Sox/Yankees game on Saturday on Fox you would have been taken to Chicago for the 9th inning of the perfect game. Baseball is a team effort but a perfect game is primarily due to the pitcher.
Damn. Fox here is way down in the local channels and I always forget about those. That would have been awesome to see. I agree with that statement. He did a phenomenal job. Stunning. Highlights don't do it justice.

I will have to remember about Fox. Thanks for the tip.