22.2 job pay rate

T

Turdferguson

Am interested to know if any on here know how the pay is determined for a article 22.2 job not a 22.3 combo one

T

Turdferguson

I have one and have a state panel coming up over what the labor manager is saying I should be getting paid. His argument is that my pay Tate is based upon my part time years of service. My is that this a full time job that has a top rate of pay and that is what I should be getting paid

PT Car Washer

I have one and have a state panel coming up over what the labor manager is saying I should be getting paid. His argument is that my pay Tate is based upon my part time years of service. My is that this a full time job that has a top rate of pay and that is what I should be getting paid
You went from PT to Art 22.2? Unheard of. You would have to have at least 30 years FT to even bid. What is the job?

T

Turdferguson

You went from PT to Art 22.2? Unheard of. You would have to have at least 30 years FT to even bid. What is the job?
Lol No I went from full time package car to this job and got lucky as hell to get it 10 years pt 15 full . That is why I am trying to understand why labor manager is trying to base my pay on what my pt pay rate would be. Can not find it in contract to back up his position.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Do you know if that is anywhere in the contract?
Article 41 Section 3. The guaranteed jobs created before 1997 pay a little more.

Section 3. Full-time Inside Wages

The rates in this Section shall not apply to any full-time inside jobs guaranteed in Article 22, Section 2 created prior to August 1, 1997. Rather, for employees entering those jobs, Article 41, Section 2
(c) above shall apply.

Part time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth below who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases.

Other part time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be red circled at their current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the progression set forth below. A part-time employee shall not lose the red circle protection provided by this paragraph as a result of transferring from one full time inside job to another full-time inside job.

Start $15.00
Seniority plus 12 months $16.00
Seniority plus 24 months $17.00
Seniority plus 36 months $20.00
Seniority plus 48 months Top Rate

The Top Rate shall be $26.74 plus the general wage increases provided in Section 1 above.

For employees who are currently in the above progression as of the date of ratification or who enter a job covered by this Section prior to August 1, 2008, Article 41 Section 3 of the prior Agreement shall continue to apply. When the progression is completed, the employee shall be placed at the then current top rate and shall thereafter be eligible to receive the general wage increases beginning on the next date specified in Article 41, Section 1. Full-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be paid in accordance with their full-time seniority date. Full-time employees with three (3) four (4) or more years of full-time seniority who bid into a full-time inside job will be paid the top current rate of the classification.

T

Turdferguson

Article 41 Section 3. The guaranteed jobs created before 1997 pay a little more.

Section 3. Full-time Inside Wages

The rates in this Section shall not apply to any full-time inside jobs guaranteed in Article 22, Section 2 created prior to August 1, 1997. Rather, for employees entering those jobs, Article 41, Section 2
(c) above shall apply.

Part time employees whose rates are higher than those set forth below who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section shall be paid their current inside wage rate plus the general wage increases.

Other part time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be red circled at their current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of applying the progression set forth below. A part-time employee shall not lose the red circle protection provided by this paragraph as a result of transferring from one full time inside job to another full-time inside job.

Start $15.00
Seniority plus 12 months $16.00
Seniority plus 24 months $17.00
Seniority plus 36 months $20.00
Seniority plus 48 months Top Rate

The Top Rate shall be $26.74 plus the general wage increases provided in Section 1 above.

For employees who are currently in the above progression as of the date of ratification or who enter a job covered by this Section prior to August 1, 2008, Article 41 Section 3 of the prior Agreement shall continue to apply. When the progression is completed, the employee shall be placed at the then current top rate and shall thereafter be eligible to receive the general wage increases beginning on the next date specified in Article 41, Section 1. Full-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be paid in accordance with their full-time seniority date. Full-time employees with three (3) four (4) or more years of full-time seniority who bid into a full-time inside job will be paid the top current rate of the classification.
If I read this right then the pay progression is the same a full time package car, feeders. With a top rate of pay.
What I think this labor rep from the company is attempting to do is start a full time multi tier pay structure . Outside of 22.3 ( which is spelled out in the contract) do not all full time employees who have achieved top pay rate make the same?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If I read this right then the pay progression is the same a full time package car, feeders. With a top rate of pay.
What I think this labor rep from the company is attempting to do is start a full time multi tier pay structure . Outside of 22.3 ( which is spelled out in the contract) do not all full time employees who have achieved top pay rate make the same?
No. 22.2 jobs do not necessarily pay the same as other fulltime jobs. Here is the pay rate under the Ohio Rider. As you can see, 22.2 jobs pay $1.69 less than drivers.

Ohio Rider Pay.jpg

T

Turdferguson

No. 22.2 jobs do not necessarily pay the same as other fulltime jobs. Here is the pay rate under the Ohio Rider. As you can see, 22.2 jobs pay $1.69 less than drivers.

View attachment 24948
Thanks that is what I was looking for a top rate of pay for the job classification. The labor manager for the company has been arguing that I would only get my part time rate of pay not a top rate of pay.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thanks that is what I was looking for a top rate of pay for the job classification. The labor manager for the company has been arguing that I would only get my part time rate of pay not a top rate of pay.
It would depend upon the pay rate and structure of the person who held the job before you. The co. could argue past practice, if the job was maintained at a PT rate? I'm not saying that is the case, just speculating. In our local, the FT 22.2 jobs are red-circled and the rate of pay remains "near" the top driver rate to prevent that.

T

Turdferguson

It would depend upon the pay rate and structure of the person who held the job before you. The co. could argue past practice, if the job was maintained at a PT rate? I'm not saying that is the case, just speculating. In our local, the FT 22.2 jobs are red-circled and the rate of pay remains "near" the top driver rate to prevent that.
The person who had the job before me was making what would be the 32.10 rate of pay. A co- worker who has less company wide seniority but more full time seniority than me is making the 32.10 rate. I am the one arguing past practice for the pay rate. Labor guy for company has been unable to show any where in contract to back up his position . And in a added bonus he has been threatening to go after the pay rate they have been paying my coworker for the past five years

O/C

Are you under any supplement like the Ohio Rider? 22.2 jobs are considered unskilled you will not be getting a driver's rate. Depends on your local language bottom line.

Sent using BrownCafe App

T

Turdferguson

Ky Rider , Central Region . Not looking for driver rate ,but what previous people who have the job were paid. Contract states there is a top rate and from what I gather that is the top rate of a unskilled part timer

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

You need to look for the Local 89 (or area) Rider.

The person who had the job before me was making what would be the 32.10 rate of pay. A co- worker who has less company wide seniority but more full time seniority than me is making the 32.10 rate.

You are bidding in to a 22.2 classification.

Unless a Local or Area Rider says different.... you get the classification rate of pay.

Labor guy for company has been unable to show any where in contract to back up his position.

Then there isn't any. He is just trying to delay the inevitable.

It's possible he didn't really know.... and is just trying to look smart.

And in a added bonus he has been threatening to go after the pay rate they have been paying my coworker for the past five years

Then he is definitely full of BS.

Even if.... they were paying this other person wrong....

The company (or the Union) can only go back 90 days, to recoup on a monetary issue.

ARTICLE 4 -MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS

"It is agreed that the provisions of this Section shall not apply to inadvertent or bona fide errors made by the Employer or the Union in applying the terms and conditions of this Agreement if such error is corrected within ninety (90) days from the date of error."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

You have a winner of a grievance.

Don't let it go.

-Bug-

T

Turdferguson

You need to look for the Local 89 (or area) Rider.

You are bidding in to a 22.2 classification.

Unless a Local or Area Rider says different.... you get the classification rate of pay.

Then there isn't any. He is just trying to delay the inevitable.

It's possible he didn't really know.... and is just trying to look smart.

Then he is definitely full of BS.

Even if.... they were paying this other person wrong....

The company (or the Union) can only go back 90 days, to recoup on a monetary issue.

ARTICLE 4 -MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS

"It is agreed that the provisions of this Section shall not apply to inadvertent or bona fide errors made by the Employer or the Union in applying the terms and conditions of this Agreement if such error is corrected within ninety (90) days from the date of error."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

You have a winner of a grievance.

Don't let it go.

-Bug-
Thanks . I'm not going anywhere. Fought it this long will see it to the end.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We had a similar situation with a 22.3 job in our center. Labor mgr, Ctr mgr, DM all claimed it was the PT pay rate. Our inside employee grieved it and won the FT classification rate. It took a year. They also refused to pay after he won. Had to grieve that also, with penalty pay.

T

Turdferguson

We had a similar situation with a 22.3 job in our center. Labor mgr, Ctr mgr, DM all claimed it was the PT pay rate. Our inside employee grieved it and won the FT classification rate. It took a year. They also refused to pay after he won. Had to grieve that also, with penalty pay.
Two years back pay here