T

Turdferguson

I think what Mugarolla was asking for was what does the 22.2 job duties entail doing. Is it a porter, customer counter clerk , air driver?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think what Mugarolla was asking for was what does the 22.2 job duties entail doing. Is it a porter, customer counter clerk , air driver?
You beat me to it. I was about to ask the same thing. I would think the bid listed the classification, not just a 22.2 open for bid.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I believe he is trying to say that any open 22.2 job must be filled by a part timer.

That's why, people need to be familiar with their supplement.

You are right on the Central language. (absent of any Local agreements)

I think you meant Section 8. In the Central, it would go first to any 22.2 employee. If there are no bids on it, or if the 22.2 employees bid, there will eventually be 1 open 22.2 job by trickle down effect. It is then opened to the center. It does not go to 22.3 then to packages. It goes straight from 22.2 to everyone.

First bid in the classification, and if no takers....

Then bid to all full-time employees, based on their seniority.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You beat me to it. I was about to ask the same thing. I would think the bid listed the classification, not just a 22.2 open for bid.

The bid sheet, would need a description of the job.

And it being a 22.2 job.... would be work doing the same thing, for the entire shift.

Not a combo.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The bid sheet, would need a description of the job.

And it being a 22.2 job.... would be work doing the same thing, for the entire shift.

Not a combo.

-Bug-
That's why I am asking him for all the facts. I am perplexed as to why his BA says that since no one within the classification bid on this job, it then went to the highest senior 22.3 employee instead of the highest senior fulltime employee.

The Southern is a little different than the Central. and is a little vague, but I don't see it that way. I am trying to get all pertinent facts.

T

Turdferguson

That's why I am asking him for all the facts. I am perplexed as to why his BA says that since no one within the classification bid on this job, it then went to the highest senior 22.3 employee instead of the highest senior fulltime employee.

The Southern is a little different than the Central. and is a little vague, but I don't see it that way. I am trying to get all pertinent facts.
Didn't the OP say he was southern California. Wouldn't that be western supplement

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Didn't the OP say he was southern California. Wouldn't that be western supplement
Yes he did. Read the posts on a cell phone and missed the California after the Southern.

Still interesting about the wording in the Southern though.

Looked at the Western and it does not seem to mention anything about bidding procedures for 22.2 or 22.3 jobs.

Are you also covered by a local rider?

T

Turdferguson

Yes he did. Read the posts on a cell phone and missed the California after the Southern.

Still interesting about the wording in the Southern though.

Looked at the Western and it does not seem to mention anything about bidding procedures for 22.2 or 22.3 jobs.

Are you also covered by a local rider?
Have a Kentucky Rider that is different than the 89 one have request in for a copy with hall. No one around here ever seen it, but my understanding is it can't have any inferior language to the national in it

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Have a Kentucky Rider that is different than the 89 one have request in for a copy with hall. No one around here ever seen it, but my understanding is it can't have any inferior language to the national in it
I was kinda directing that to upsczar to see if he was under a local rider that addressed bidding.

But your reply just goes to show that there are countless local riders, over and above supplements, that employees fall under.

While they do not contain inferior language to the master, they may clarify or cover issues that the master does not. Such as the bidding procedure for classification and whether or not 22.3 employees get a shot at a 22.2 job before other fulltime employees regardless of seniority.

Edit. The Central covers this exact issue and has wording to cover it.

T

Turdferguson

Was going over my issue concerning 22.2 when I saw your post got the two mixed up

Ron Carey lives on

Wow. Article 22. Section 2 jobs were inside jobs created prior to the 97 strike. Article 22 section 3 were 10,000 new jobs created after a 15 day strike in 1997

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsczar

The bid was for inside clerk work. The job was awarded to a air/local sort combo employee. I explained it to my BA that he was wrong. He was adamant ( to be exact annoyed that i would even question his judgement). I left a message with the IBT. Sure enough the IBT rep called my BA first and got the scoop from him. By the time the IBT rep called me my BA had already explained to him. The IBT rep told me that 22.2 and 22.3 are now all the same. I asked him to show me the contractual language that says that.

upsczar

Wow. Article 22. Section 2 jobs were inside jobs created prior to the 97 strike. Article 22 section 3 were 10,000 new jobs created after a 15 day strike in 1997

Sent using BrownCafe App

I said the very same thing to my BA and IBT rep. They wouldn't hear it. The job was for inside clerk and was awarded to air/local sort combo employee. That sucks!!!

upsczar

I was kinda directing that to upsczar to see if he was under a local rider that addressed bidding.

But your reply just goes to show that there are countless local riders, over and above supplements, that employees fall under.

While they do not contain inferior language to the master, they may clarify or cover issues that the master does not. Such as the bidding procedure for classification and whether or not 22.3 employees get a shot at a 22.2 job before other fulltime employees regardless of seniority.

Edit. The Central covers this exact issue and has wording to cover it.

Nothing in any of the riders that i can see.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I said the very same thing to my BA and IBT rep. They wouldn't hear it. The job was for inside clerk and was awarded to air/local sort combo employee. That sucks!!!
You need to call the IBT back and inform them that other supplements do not consider 22.2 and 22.3 jobs the same thing. So why should they consider this in the Western.

A 22.2 job is a full time job doing mostly the same task. Clerk, Porter, etc.

A 22.3 job is a combo job, made up of 2 part time jobs, air driver and carwash, sorter and car wash, etc.

If the Central did not differentiate the two, then why is there specific language pertaining to combination jobs?

Article 3

Section 10

Part-time employees entering into a full-time combination job must remain in that job for a period of nine (9) months before being eligible to bid again to another full-time combination job.

It looks like Hoffa is selling us out again.

O/C

They are two separate classifications, clear master language on that, 22.3 positions were all created after the "97" contract, 22.2's were prior. 22.3 's are combo bids, 22.2's are straight job classifications. You might have a case considering it was originally bid in the 22.2 classification and no one in that classification signed it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsczar

You need to call the IBT back and inform them that other supplements do not consider 22.2 and 22.3 jobs the same thing. So why should they consider this in the Western.

A 22.3 job is a combo job, made up of 2 part time jobs, air driver and carwash, sorter and car wash, etc.

If the Central did not differentiate the two, then why is there specific language pertaining to combination jobs?

Article 3

Section 10

Part-time employees entering into a full-time combination job must remain in that job for a period of nine (9) months before being eligible to bid again to another full-time combination job.

I will be contacting the IBT. Hopefully, my case can be looked at more closely. Thank you for taking the time to address my issue. I gotten some valuable pointers.

Article 3

Section 10

I will be contacting the IBT. Hopefully, my case is looked
at more closely. Thank you for taking the time to address my issue.

upsczar

They are two separate classifications, clear master language on that, 22.3 positions were all created after the "97" contract, 22.2's were prior. 22.3 's are combo bids, 22.2's are straight job classifications. You might have a case considering it was originally bid in the 22.2 classification and no one in that classification signed it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Yes, the job was originally a full time inside clerk. If I can now just get the IBT rep to see the point. Thank you.

O/C

Yes, the job was originally a full time inside clerk. If I can now just get the IBT rep to see the point. Thank you.
Good luck with that, getting the feel that they do not want to be bothered from their attitudes. Kind of getting tried of the " that is the way it is " statements without clear explanations on Why?

Sent using BrownCafe App