22.3 advice

F

FrigidAdCorrector

True. But from his story he makes it sound like both are able to do the job, it's just that one works harder than the other and doesn't ever give management a hard time.
Good point. But far too often people think they are in the know, when in reality there is something hidden they didn't know about.

HardknocksUPSer

If I'm thinking right seems like the very few 22.3 guys at my center come in and fuel package cars, wash them, park them and then work the preload sorting or work as shifters out in the yard, not a bad job from what I've seen. These guys are the ones I see walk around looking busy never knowing if their actually doing much haha.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
image.jpg
If I'm thinking right seems like the very few 22.3 guys at my center come in and fuel package cars, wash them, park them and then work the preload sorting or work as shifters out in the yard, not a bad job from what I've seen. These guys are the ones I see walk around looking busy never knowing if their actually doing much haha.
!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Yeah, no doubt about it. If you are 22.3 and keep moving, even if it's in circles, you're good.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Are 22.3 jobs worth trying to get?
I work in a 24hour hub. I sort on Twi. I know it can be a wait to even get your name pulled especially since I only have 1.5 years seniority atm. There are some guys that are 22.3 that unload on my shift then load on mid which sounds like a horrible combo. Do they tell you the second job when the offer comes up?
Good luck, I went feeders before they called me for a 22.3. It took about 13 years just for that. Your best bet would be to go into package, get full time seniority then bid out. At least we can do that here, not sure about your area.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
The only way that would happen is if employee A is so ignorant he doesn't notice that the bid he signed was filled by a lesser seniority person. Even then, it wouldn't be like those are the only two folks that signed it. Someone in there would notice that a lower seniority person got it and file a grievance with a quickness. Management would have to be real gutsy and stupid to try to get away with something like that.
Well i can only speak for myself.
Good luck, I went feeders before they called me for a 22.3. It took about 13 years just for that. Your best bet would be to go into package, get full time seniority then bid out. At least we can do that here, not sure about your area.
well
i orginally tried to get on the car wash bid. But was told I have to be 22.3 to bi
best thing i can do now is keep working and wait for turn. i have low seniority not at the bottom but i'm sure i'll be waiting awhile.

Rather then start a new thread I figure I'd post my question here. I'm a FT swing driver with a little under a year of seniority. My hub has posted six new 22.3 jobs in the past few weeks. The last one that went up I was the only FTer to sign. Yesterday I went to HR to ask about it and was told that I have to put a letter of intent in first and have 1 year FT. Does this sound right? I asked my steward but he doesn't know. I'm under the central supplement. Any input would be appreciated