22.3 advice

upschuck

Rather then start a new thread I figure I'd post my question here. I'm a FT swing driver with a little under a year of seniority. My hub has posted six new 22.3 jobs in the past few weeks. The last one that went up I was the only FTer to sign. Yesterday I went to HR to ask about it and was told that I have to put a letter of intent in first and have 1 year FT. Does this sound right? I asked my steward but he doesn't know. I'm under the central supplement. Any input would be appreciated
New 22.3 jobs go to PT'ers only in Central, I believe.

That is crazy, different parts of the same region gets different rules on 22.3 fillings.
Past practice is what I have been told. The head of your Local has a lot of power. He or she can decide which fights are worth fighting. Called Union politics. Just try and go against the company when your Local will not back you. Called unemployed.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Rather then start a new thread I figure I'd post my question here. I'm a FT swing driver with a little under a year of seniority. My hub has posted six new 22.3 jobs in the past few weeks. The last one that went up I was the only FTer to sign. Yesterday I went to HR to ask about it and was told that I have to put a letter of intent in first and have 1 year FT. Does this sound right? I asked my steward but he doesn't know. I'm under the central supplement. Any input would be appreciated
Well you need to tell your steward if he doesn't know then he needs to :censored2:ing find out. That stuff burns me up. It is the stewards job to investigate it.

sox

Pay rate depends on your start date or seniority date depending on the contract at that time up here in nne you could have 3 or more rates in the same 8 hour shift eg 2 hours car wash 2 hours preload 2 hours air driving and 2 hours customer counter. It gets complicated. But it is worth it if you max out your 401 early and can afford to ease into retirement.