22.3 Can they change my hours?

screwed

This job was not put up for bid, and I was actually only given 48 hours notice to report tomy new hours. My old hours wer 4am-12 and my new hours would be 11pm to 7am. They claim there is no air work for me and they have to change my shift.

upser_J

This job was not put up for bid, and I was actually only given 48 hours notice to report tomy new hours. My old hours wer 4am-12 and my new hours would be 11pm to 7am. They claim there is no air work for me and they have to change my shift.
well you should really get in touch with your steward or business agent or someone in your local that can give you information and advice.

screwed

How true another combo job does bites the dust. I have paid Union dues for a very long time and it seems now a days the Union is in the companies pocket. In the end I guess we will see if they are there for us, the Teamsters!!!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
This also happened here a year ago. Many 22.3 jobs eliminated temporarily district wide. Its called 'change of operations' and usually has to be okayed by your local after about a month of notification. Grievances here were filed, weeks passed and most jobs were retained, not all. Air work went onto FT ground routes like the old days to keep them on the road. One 22.3 was busted to PT, given the combo (vac pay) rate and filed unemployment for the hours cut.
As far as can they do it, well they do whatever they please and the only tool we have is a strong union. By that I mean paying dues is a part but mostly it's participation. We union members have for too long let things go, IMHO, and we need to help our co workers by supporting their efforts when they are pinned in situations like this one. Hopefully you have been forging good relations with your fellow teamsters and they will get behind you on this. That's what really helps, but like you say,' sups have been seen delvg air', and the more it goes on the less inclined ups is to see it your way. It does really suck.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Another combo job bites the dust. Where is the union? Are they biting the dust as well?

Yes they are.

We had a combo job (preload/air driver) eliminated here in local 25 a couple weeks ago. Union filed a grievance. UPS says they moved the job. Of course they did not move they job, they eliminated it. IT is up to the union to keep track of them and I would imagine that out of the # created since '97 the number is probably near 70% of the 100% garaunteed.

Same old story!

Red Dawn

Another combo job bites the dust. Where is the union? Are they biting the dust as well?
have to say if it wasn't a election year i know i would be sol with this split shift and not letting us displace on to the noon day...after a group a key people form 4hubs meet to discuss what we could do (ps two were moles sent in from local union) have to say grievance are back to being heard and settled, people are now getting call backs from b.a.'s noonday.

screwed

Well It has been 10 weeks and my grievance has not been heard and my hours have not changed. What they are doing is unethical, what can I do/

UPSSOCKS

I have worked for UPS for 20 years and took a 22.3 combo job 1/2 inside 1/2 air driver about 5 years ago. I have worked the same shift for the past 5 years and now I am told that my shift will change to the midnight shift? Can they do this? Also, am I able to bump other 22.3 employees who have less seniority? even if they are inside/inside?

Any words of wisdom is appreciated!

We can do anything we want. It's our company

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Our local, 25, essentially lied to the members.

They proudly said they were filing grievances on each and every job that has been eliminated or more cleverly put "moved" by the company.

When I looked at the grievances, not one for Local 25.

I'm sure this is happening elsewhere too.

brett636

Well It has been 10 weeks and my grievance has not been heard and my hours have not changed. What they are doing is unethical, what can I do/

I like to refer to our grievance machinery as the great grievance pinball machine. All the little flippers and such are the panels, the pin balls are the grievances, and the little hole where the balls disappear is where I think some of these grievances end up. Basically grievances are constantly moving up and down the ladder when it comes to the panels. We have grievances over a year old that are constantly getting deadlocked till they reach a high enough level panel, then they get referred back to a lower level panel. Between each movement it takes a couple months before the grievance is even heard and then an answer is never given as its always deadlocked or referred to a lower level. Good luck with your case, just don't expect an answer anytime soon.

rocket man

I have worked for UPS for 20 years and took a 22.3 combo job 1/2 inside 1/2 air driver about 5 years ago. I have worked the same shift for the past 5 years and now I am told that my shift will change to the midnight shift? Can they do this? Also, am I able to bump other 22.3 employees who have less seniority? even if they are inside/inside?

Any words of wisdom is appreciated!
YOU MUST BE VERY INVOLVED IN YOUR CENTER :greedy:20 YEARS. YOU ARE ASKING ON THIS SITE THATS BEEN AROUND FOR 10 YEARS.WhERE HAVE YOU BEEN UNDER A ROCK. YOU SHOULD Know answer to that. And guiding the younger guys and women in your center to keep it going. you were just out for you / good job I hope they put you on midnight shift..

screwed

I do know the answer was just asking for advice. No I don;t live under a rock just believed in a company and a union, my mistake. Guiding who to do what?

God Bless!