22.3 info

Mr.Grey

ok are 22.3... air divers only and not ground ?? 1/2 hub and 1/2 air support ?? i ask this only because am confused on my next step.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
good question. all air drivers fall under article 40. though combo air drivers that are full time combos can touch ground on there other half. air drivers are not to service ground packages for delivery ever. now picking up an air driver can only service a ground after a full time package driver has been to that stop and it has to be infrequent and not to sweep a high volume account. also servicing ARS packages. a violation of this means an air driver gets step up pay for that day he serviced grounds.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
ok are 22.3... air divers only and not ground ?? 1/2 hub and 1/2 air support ?? i ask this only because am confused on my next step.
What is your next step options?

22.3 is any job that was created from article 22.3 in 1997 and future contracts.

They are jobs created by taking 2 part time jobs and combining them. They are either inside only (2 inside part-time jobs), or inside/outside.

I have never heard of a BID job including ground driving because the contract says that if you move grounds as an air driver, part-time or full-time, (aside from the letter box issue that had been going on), you make top rate for the day as a full-time driver instead of air driver or 22.3 rate.

I hope this answers your question.

705red

Browncafe Steward
good question. all air drivers fall under article 40. though combo air drivers that are full time combos can touch ground on there other half. air drivers are not to service ground packages for delivery ever. now picking up an air driver can only service a ground after a full time package driver has been to that stop and it has to be infrequent and not to sweep a high volume account. also servicing ARS packages. a violation of this means an air driver gets step up pay for that day he serviced grounds.
A violation means that a package car driver gets paid at his/her appropriate rate, (ot) for the air driver servicing grounds.

UPSGUY72

I believe in are building if an air driver delivers ground packages he then receives full package driver rate. I know once I had to meet an air driver a bulk stop on my route to scan all the packages.

What 22.3 drivers can and can't do probably depends on what your local supplement says they can and can’t do

705red

Browncafe Steward
I believe in are building if an air driver delivers ground packages he then receives full package driver rate. I know once I had to meet an air driver a bulk stop on my route to scan all the packages.

What 22.3 drivers can and can't do probably depends on what your local supplement says they can and can’t do
Your right, we have language here that says they are not to pick up grounds. This language was put in so that our full time jobs do not get replaced by part time jobs. So if an air driver picks up grounds we have a package car driver file for that time.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I just read the National Grievance Panel Docket and 22.3s are flying out the door faster than free funnel cakes at the state fair.
Thank god for locals in California, Atlanta, New Jersey standing up for the contracts. I did not mean to leave any other locals out, but when you look at the bulk of the case they are coming from some very strong locals, 70, 177, 728 etc. I did not see one case from local 25? There has been a lot of talk that we will run against Hoffa in the next election.

I'm hoping that someone from any of the above mentioned locals make a run, Marty out of 70 or Randy out of 728 would have my full support!

UPSGUY72

Thank god for locals in California, Atlanta, New Jersey standing up for the contracts. I did not mean to leave any other locals out, but when you look at the bulk of the case they are coming from some very strong locals, 70, 177, 728 etc. I did not see one case from local 25? There has been a lot of talk that we will run against Hoffa in the next election.

I'm hoping that someone from any of the above mentioned locals make a run, Marty out of 70 or Randy out of 728 would have my full support!

I know in are building they finally just fill a 22.3 that has been unfilled since last december

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Here in #25, 22.3 jobs are being eliminated faster than Brittney Spears losing clothes drunk and high at a Hollywood party.

jimstud

Banned
Here in #25, 22.3 jobs are being eliminated faster than Brittney Spears losing clothes drunk and high at a Hollywood party.
they have not been eliminated just moved to the central states.there is a national panel out in california next week to make sure the jobs are not totally eliminated.the building in brockton is the only 1 that has not lost any 22.3 jobs.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
they have not been eliminated just moved to the central states.there is a national panel out in california next week to make sure the jobs are not totally eliminated.the building in brockton is the only 1 that has not lost any 22.3 jobs.

Look, just admit you do not know one way or the other if all of the jobs were bid or not.

Your first statement says they have not been eliminated. So you know this as fact? If so, then you are buying into what the company says, which is probably not true. How do you think Hoffa will sell these jobs to the company?

Also , here in NE , as you know, there is much stronger language regarding the jobs "disappearing" on a local level. I wonder how the company will weasel out of that one.

jimstud

Banned
Look, just admit you do not know one way or the other if all of the jobs were bid or not.

Your first statement says they have not been eliminated. So you know this as fact? If so, then you are buying into what the company says, which is probably not true. How do you think Hoffa will sell these jobs to the company?

Also , here in NE , as you know, there is much stronger language regarding the jobs "disappearing" on a local level. I wonder how the company will weasel out of that one.
me, buy anything the company says?no, i was talking to my ba and he said that the jobs being moved was the company line.i do not know if they have been moved or elimnated. like i said next week there is a national panel out in california and that is one of the subjects on the docket.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
me, buy anything the company says?no, i was talking to my ba and he said that the jobs being moved was the company line.i do not know if they have been moved or elimnated. like i said next week there is a national panel out in california and that is one of the subjects on the docket.

I stand by that the jobs (including mine) were eliminated. That is not to say they ALL were, or I know for sure that they were, or that they are permanently gone.

But chances are UPS nixed them to cut costs for now, until they are forced to rebid them elsewhere.

Not sure why you jumped on my first post. We agree, aside from the prior bs.

jimstud

Banned
I stand by that the jobs (including mine) were eliminated. That is not to say they ALL were, or I know for sure that they were, or that they are permanently gone. But chances are UPS nixed them to cut costs for now, until they are forced to rebid them elsewhere.
Not sure why you jumped on my first post. We agree, aside from the prior bs.
i did not jump on your post i was just letting you know what my ba said about the panel in california.supposedly ups has to show where all the jobs went at that panel.personally i have serious doubts that all the eliminated jobs were moved to the central states.i think my ba said it was over 1000 jobs that were moved.

Overpaid Union Thug

The 22.3s ARE NOT being moved here in Central States. In fact, we've had vacated 22.3s not go up for bid and the reason given was that they were moved out of region. We've even had newly created 22.3s posted and then taken down before they can be filled and told they were moved also. I'm sure in some computer somewhere all of these jobs are supposed to count as existing jobs but in reality don't exist. This is just more smoke and mirrors by UPS.

jimstud

Banned
The 22.3s ARE NOT being moved here in Central States. In fact, we've had vacated 22.3s not go up for bid and the reason given was that they were moved out of region. We've even had newly created 22.3s posted and then taken down before they can be filled and told they were moved also. I'm sure in some computer somewhere all of these jobs are supposed to count as existing jobs but in reality don't exist. This is just more smoke and mirrors by UPS.
no , ups would not do that would they? like i said there is going to be a national panel out in california and that is one of the subjects on the docket.i really did not think that the central states need another 1000 plus new 22.3 jobs.

RedThunder

I'm in central states. I was a 22.3 for about two years after being in package for almost 20 years. My position was layed off. Very small center, i was the only 22.3. It really was not a layoff as the work was still being performed by part-timers and some drivers.

I filed a grievance. At first i was told i could transfer to a larger, nearby center (my hometown) but that was shot down by the labor manager. I was then told there wasn't enough work for a 22.3 at my center. Truthfully, there wasn't. Most days I spent looking busy but it was a nice break after nearly 20 years of package.

Eventually I was offered my driving job back if i would drop the grievance and i agreed. Partly because of the cut in pay i took and partly because i knew we had a feeder driver retiring and a new feeder route coming in because of a new account. So now i'm in feeders after a six month stint back in package.

I really don't see any new 22.3 jobs being created here. It seems as if UPS is claiming to move them here. Then telling people here there being moved somewhere else. I did agree to give mine up and it was eliminated not moved.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm in central states. I was a 22.3 for about two years after being in package for almost 20 years. My position was layed off. Very small center, i was the only 22.3. It really was not a layoff as the work was still being performed by part-timers and some drivers.

I filed a grievance. At first i was told i could transfer to a larger, nearby center (my hometown) but that was shot down by the labor manager. I was then told there wasn't enough work for a 22.3 at my center. Truthfully, there wasn't. Most days I spent looking busy but it was a nice break after nearly 20 years of package.

Eventually I was offered my driving job back if i would drop the grievance and i agreed. Partly because of the cut in pay i took and partly because i knew we had a feeder driver retiring and a new feeder route coming in because of a new account. So now i'm in feeders after a six month stint back in package.

I really don't see any new 22.3 jobs being created here. It seems as if UPS is claiming to move them here. Then telling people here there being moved somewhere else. I did agree to give mine up and it was eliminated not moved.

If your work is being done by part-timers and some drivers then the job should not have been eliminated. Oh wait....it shouldn't have been eliminated anyway according to the contract.