22.3 Jobs

How Important Are Full-Time Inside Jobs ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I just want to get an idea on everyone's thoughts.

If there is enough interest....

It might be time to spill my guts.... on what I know.

-Bug-

JonFrum

No need for a poll. If you have something to say, just say it.

Your poll doesn't have the options:
"I want to keep the 22.3 job I have."
"I want the 22.3 Contract language followed and enforced."

mamirk69

No need for a poll. If you have something to say, just say it.

Your poll doesn't have the options:
"I want to keep the 22.3 job I have."
"I want the 22.3 Contract language followed and enforced."

I agree spill your guts on what you know or think what is going to happen because I have heard them all. One from being given the option to go into feeders or package and everything else in between.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would like a 22.3 job that has language to protect the two different part-time jobs put together. Having a 22.3 job working preload for 8 hours, at a PT inside rate or FT inside 22.3 rate - while another FT preloader makes a different top rate ( top driver rate ) , doing the same exact bid job, does not make sense.

I would like to see 22.3 jobs CREATED from their work as in our contract. Not 1/2 pt job and 1/2 ft feeder work (shifting). We have 22.3 working the prime start times around the clock. Two 22.3 working 4+ hours consecutively equals 1 ft job. No chance of 22.3 layoff while ft feeder drivers with far more seniority are sent inside the building to work. And the 22.3 shifters are not required to have a CDL, take DOT drug tests,fall under DOT hours of service rules,etc.

bellesmom

I would appreciate hearing the info you have but I can't take part in the poll, none of the choices apply. All of our 22.3 jobs were wiped out in 2009 forcing us into split shifts with 4-5 hours between shifts. Our jobs are still there being done by part-timers. I doubt you will get alot of responses to the poll from 22.3s as most got discouraged from participating on this site.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I would appreciate hearing the info you have but I can't take part in the poll, none of the choices apply. All of our 22.3 jobs were wiped out in 2009 forcing us into split shifts with 4-5 hours between shifts. Our jobs are still there being done by part-timers. I doubt you will get alot of responses to the poll from 22.3s as most got discouraged from participating on this site.
We have a few FT people split shifting over the years when their job was cut, but we have people whos "less intense" jobs completely cut and they are preloading 8 hours. The problem is the jobs that were "cut" are given to PT'ers who aren't fit to be sorting, unloading, loading, preloading etc. That is not fair to the FT person who BID that specific job. It is bait and switch in reality!
In this example, this is the union not enforcing the contract. We probably have 30 or 40 22.s not working their bid jobs and this is one example.
Last bid, I bid a combo job and bumped with seniority. The work I thought to be picking up was not what that person was doing because they were not in their bid job, also the job was bid as 4 hrs- 4 hrs but was changed to 6- 7 hrs pre - 1-2 hr air driving which the union allowed. Bait and switch.

The entire 22.3 FT language needs an overhaul or to be removed.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have an air driver who's job should be up for bid as full time. I think the poll doesn't have enough options. There are jobs that should be full time and aren't. I vote for stronger language. I vote for the union listening to its members when they report to them that there is a job that should be re-classified. I vote for the union to get off its butt and defend us better. I vote for the union to demand that UPS take care of its own.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We have an air driver who's job should be up for bid as full time. I think the poll doesn't have enough options. There are jobs that should be full time and aren't. I vote for stronger language. I vote for the union listening to its members when they report to them that there is a job that should be re-classified. I vote for the union to get off its butt and defend us better. I vote for the union to demand that UPS take care of its own.
I understand the need and desire from a personal perspective but I remember discussing these type of jobs back in the 70's, 80's, 90's.00's and now the 10's. The underlying problems with these jobs is that they don't work economically. Hopefully the full-timers will be willing to sacrifice for the 22.3s and P/Ts in the upcoming contract. Good luck.

kingOFchester

I have a rumor too. I hear it several times a month from people on the streets. UPS and FEDEX are going to merge...... I will save you all the pain of hearing all of it again.

705red

Browncafe Steward
How about a poll option where it asks if the 10,000 22.3 jobs should be maintained per the contract? This poll is a JOKE! BUG do you even work for UPS?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Your poll focused on a narrow group of workers and is far too limited in that and the provided choices. 22.3 jobs affect all of us, yet your choices exclude most of us. In 7 days you will have the results to something like "how many mechanics think the diad is good for sheeting cod's?" I don't get it, sorry.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your poll focused on a narrow group of workers and is far too limited in that and the provided choices. 22.3 jobs affect all of us, yet your choices exclude most of us. In 7 days you will have the results to something like "how many mechanics think the diad is good for sheeting cod's?" I don't get it, sorry.

Please explain how 22.3 jobs affect all of us.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Upstate what happens if you become a diabetic? What happens if you can no longer get a DOT card? What happens if your body breaks down and you can no longer do package car yet your a few years from retiring? Without these 22.3 jobs you dont have many viable choices. At least with these jobs you can still work, maintain your medical benefits and retirement contributions.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Upstate what happens if you become a diabetic? What happens if you can no longer get a DOT card? What happens if your body breaks down and you can no longer do package car yet your a few years from retiring? Without these 22.3 jobs you dont have many viable choices. At least with these jobs you can still work, maintain your medical benefits and retirement contributions.

Do you know an approximate # offhand how many 22.3 jobs there are?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Please explain how 22.3 jobs affect all of us.
When these jobs are added they create more opportunities for FT movement, and reduce a lower paying pt position that has less benefits. When they are maintained they strengthen the contract by honoring the agreement which helps mgmt employee relations. When they are reduced, moved or eliminated it affects 1 or 2 centers. Out west they join our retirement plan, while pt'ers have a separate plan. Yes, it affects us all.