22.3 turning FT driving

IDoLessWorkThanMost

i'm not at top wage yet. So I have to wait through the progression.

I don't see the big pay cut, unless you recently went 22.3 and just started progression. i.e. If you went 22.3 inside/inside and carried over a higher pay rate than the 15-16 progression rate....

It's best you wait until next bid to go driving, depending on how long it is until that point. you'll make 20+ after 2 years in progression friend/T driving and top out 6 months break-in.

705red

Browncafe Steward
i'm not at top wage yet. So I have to wait through the progression.

I would wait until you finish your current progression before going driving. How long have you been in your 22.3 job?

If you have gone through your 22.3 progression and then go driving once you attain seniority you would top out at package car rate.

What exactly is 22.3, I see ppl write about it all the time, I'm fairly new, fill me in

22.3s are ftime combo jobs. These were jobs that were created as a result of the 97 strike. They are two parttime positions conmbined to make 1 ftime job.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I would wait until you finish your current progression before going driving. How long have you been in your 22.3 job?

If you have gone through your 22.3 progression and then go driving once you attain seniority you would top out at package car rate.

incorrect. If you have previously held a job with driving, yes, you would top out immediately. such as combo in/out air driver or shuttle or shifter. Otherwise if you were inside/inside, there's a 6 month break- in for top rate as driver.

705red

Browncafe Steward
incorrect. If you have previously held a job with driving, yes, you would top out immediately. such as combo in/out air driver or shuttle or shifter. Otherwise if you were inside/inside, there's a 6 month break- in for top rate as driver.

Sorry to hear that guys, but here a ftimer can only go through one progression and then tops out after his/her probationary period.

barrycold

I don't see the big pay cut, unless you recently went 22.3 and just started progression. i.e. If you went 22.3 inside/inside and carried over a higher pay rate than the 15-16 progression rate....

It's best you wait until next bid to go driving, depending on how long it is until that point. you'll make 20+ after 2 years in progression friend/T driving and top out 6 months break-in.

I just started my 22.3 job couple of months ago and I already make close to $20. If I was going to place a bid for ft driving they would start me at $15 and I would go through a 3 year progression. I would have to take a pay cut of $5 just so I can drive. I asking others would they take a paycut of $5 to go driving if they were in my situation.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I just started my 22.3 job couple of months ago and I already make close to $20. If I was going to place a bid for ft driving they would start me at $15 and I would go through a 3 year progression. I would have to take a pay cut of $5 just so I can drive. I asking others would they take a paycut of $5 to go driving if they were in my situation.
No sir and especially since you will have to go under a new 3 year progression.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

b. No employee shall be required to complete a full-time progression more than one time even if he or
she transfers between full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole exception is when an
employee is awarded a package car or feeder driver job and has not previously held a full-time job
which includes driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate equal to the
employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from the date the employee entered the job.
The
employee will then go to the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the Article
40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver job within two (2) years shall have the same
break-in period.

barrycold

Sorry to hear that guys, but here a ftimer can only go through one progression and then tops out after his/her probationary period.

Yeah, you're right. So if you go through the 2 year progression for the 22.3 job and get top rate then turn to ft driving and go through probation then you'll get top rate for driving? Is that the best way to go driving?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

correct, and my answer was (just my opinion) that it depends on when you are going to place the bid. I would bid it in about 20 months or so if possible, depending upon when and how often your local bids FT jobs. Then you'd make 20+ an hour and be 6 months away from top rate with experience on the road, plus not have lost money for the year and a half working for the 20$/hr.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why would you say that? he would only complete one progression and it would be 2 1/2 for FT driving if he bid a different job while progression. It began in the old contract period.
It stated that no employee will have to complete more than one ftime progression, hes not completing it and taking a pay cut. Now if he bids a driver job after august 1st he would now fall under the new 36 month progression. Unless i missed something, is there anything covering this in a different article in your contract?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Yeah, you're right. So if you go through the 2 year progression for the 22.3 job and get top rate then turn to ft driving and go through probation then you'll get top rate for driving? Is that the best way to go driving?
Barry check your contract and or supplement as you can see its diferent in different areas.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It stated that no employee will have to complete more than one ftime progression, hes not completing it and taking a pay cut. Now if he bids a driver job after august 1st he would now fall under the new 36 month progression. Unless i missed something, is there anything covering this in a different article in your contract?

There's only one progression though, you don't start a new one when you bid a different classification. In my progression, I went from in/in to in/out back to in/in and it was a 2 year progression. (ended 3 days ago)

705red

Browncafe Steward
There's only one progression though, you don't start a new one when you bid a different classification. In my progression, I went from in/in to in/out back to in/in and it was a 2 year progression. (ended 3 days ago)
I could be wrong but you are talking about bidding from 22.3 to 22.3 even though its in/in in/air. But hes talking about bidding out of 22.3.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I could be wrong but you are talking about bidding from 22.3 to 22.3 even though its in/in in/air. But hes talking about bidding out of 22.3.

Yeah, and at least in New england, it's one progression no matter what you bid, the 6 month break-in period is the only clause that ties together FT driving top rate a 22.3 FT inside/inside; so if you never held a job with driving, and you started a progression before Aug 1st 2008, it'd be a 2 1/2 year progression.

unless you bid the FT driving job AFTER 2 years in the inside/inside progression, then yuo'd have to do 6 months with a FT job requiring driving to make the top rate driving, which would be more than a 2 1/2 year progression.

His supplment may of course add other details, but the NMA (if he's eligible) is pretty clear.