22.3's...Any News From The UPS National Panel?

Brown to Brown

Did the 22.3 grievances get heard at the national panel? My poll resulted in a majority no votes that none would be heard. Was it right?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Can we make a few more threads about the same dead-horse subject? 22.3 is old news; time to find a new line of work, or bid into package or feeder.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Your compassion is underwhelming.

Oh the irony, with the compassion and empathy you lack routinely lack. It's humorous!! You really can't be serious, I hope? :happy-very:

Even more ironic than you may realize; I AM 22.3, my job IS broken, and the union /co will do nothing to fix it.

All I am doing is injecting realism. Realistically, we all should be ready to find a new job. The problems aren't going away, and I think they will eventually be resolved by dismissing the 22.3 positions altogether.

I have compassion, believe me, I am one of many who are getting screwed by the 22.3 issue and am living it.

(1) there does not need to be 10 threads on the same beat down topic
(2) the problems aren't going away
(3) the 22.3 do not make up enough of a vote swing for Hoffa and Hall to attempt to fix the problem .

fethrs

Just wait till the panel is over, I am sure there will be a new thread about it....be prepared, maybe (I doubt it) but maybe, there will be some good news...Keep the faith!:happy2:

castor915

Oh the irony, with the compassion and empathy you lack routinely lack. It's humorous!! You really can't be serious, I hope? :happy-very:

Even more ironic than you may realize; I AM 22.3, my job IS broken, and the union /co will do nothing to fix it.

All I am doing is injecting realism. Realistically, we all should be ready to find a new job. The problems aren't going away, and I think they will eventually be resolved by dismissing the 22.3 positions altogether.

I have compassion, believe me, I am one of many who are getting screwed by the 22.3 issue and am living it.

(1) there does not need to be 10 threads on the same beat down topic
(2) the problems aren't going away
(3) the 22.3 do not make up enough of a vote swing for Hoffa and Hall to attempt to fix the problem .

How much seniority did you have to have your job "broken"?
Must have not had very much at all we have people that got ones in 2008 that kept theres

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How much seniority did you have to have your job "broken"?
Must have not had very much at all we have people that got ones in 2008 that kept theres

I have a 22.3 job ( at last check months ago). It's broken because of weak language. The company does whatever they want and the union allows it, basically.

Also, there are 22.3 people nationwide with plenty of seniority that have had theirs split up or removed altogether, so I'm not sure seniority has much to do with it.

fethrs

I have a 22.3 job ( at last check months ago). It's broken because of weak language. The company does whatever they want and the union allows it, basically.

Also, there are 22.3 people nationwide with plenty of seniority that have had theirs split up or removed altogether, so I'm not sure seniority has much to do with it.
Seniority at my hub is questionable, when some of the 22.3s were laid off and moved to other positions it wasn't official, and the seniority lists are not very accurate.
It's a mess.
I am curious to know if there are any 22.3s that have the same problem. I wonder what would happen if seniority was done by company hire date instead of the 22.3 date...that would be interesting.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Seniority at my hub is questionable, when some of the 22.3s were laid off and moved to other positions it wasn't official, and the seniority lists are not very accurate.
It's a mess.
I am curious to know if there are any 22.3s that have the same problem. I wonder what would happen if seniority was done by company hire date instead of the 22.3 date...that would be interesting.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the union and co. make quite a few deals when it comes to bids, seniority dates, etc. Nothing is ever "by the book" 100%, right?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I have to agree with Sleeve, mgt does abuse 22.3 jobs.
I have had my job altered on a constant basis.
The only reason they have not bothered with me lately is that I no longer have a valid DOT card.

Guy Smiley

Isn't it about time we just decertify the union. It would save us money and grief. What about even going salary? Very few workers take their lunch anyway. It's a win-win.

Guy Smiley

It should be combined with air shuttle work that is done by part-timers in accordance with art 40 sect. 1 (9)