24 foot deliver trucks

Not true been thru this before on here. As long as u don't need a CDL to drive it u don't need air brake certification.

We had a spare mall van with air brakes. Cops in town that mall was in pinched every driver that drove it without endorsement. center manager got ass chewed. We no longer had spare mall van with air brakes.

You think you don't need it without a CDl? When you get pulled over and don't know the first thing about checking or operating an air brake system , do you think the cop will GAF what a center manager told you?

QKRSTKR

I agree with cach. Need endorsement. We call them bbt here. Big brown truck. I use to hate bringing them inside when I worked on preload. Very tight.

PT Car Washer

We had a spare mall van with air brakes. Cops in town that mall was in pinched every driver that drove it without endorsement. center manager got ass chewed. We no longer had spare mall van with air brakes.

You think you don't need it without a CDl? When you get pulled over and don't know the first thing about checking or operating an air brake system , do you think the cop will GAF what a center manager told you?
Cops around here would not know the difference or care. The DOT on the other hand would.

Leftinbuilding

We called them "Huns". I got a brand new one, power steering, air brakes, cruise control, automatic trans etc..........about 6 months before I retired. Was almost a mind changer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

center manager didn't tell me anything. Someone on this site a year ago posted the dot regulations on this site a year or so ago. That's when I first realized we don't need air brake certification.

norcal10

We have 6 of them at our building. We Call them tanks. 1 is for air cans its a Ford with manual and air brakes. There are 2 older fords from the 80's that are stick but have the air brake diamond and you need a cdl for those. Then 3 international new ones with autos. No cdl. Isn't it if its under 26000 gvr you don't need a cdl ?

We run about 12-15 of these daily in my center. Drivers seem to like them, although I suspect that's because all their stops are docks and they can never take resi's because of the pain of working resi's out of the back of one of them. We call them Box Vans or Cattle Cars.

canesfan22

wish i was backing up to docks. Just straight up delivery to outlet mall. Deck is at my shoulders when standing on the ground, so lifting everything at shoulder hieght

upsman68

We called them Big Bertha but now because of the Pc of the country we can't call them that anymore. Someone named Bertha must have complained about the use of the name.

specter208

CDL not required if vehicle GVWR is less than 26,000lbs.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
anybody deliver out of one? have questions,just recently got put into one
We call em boxvans or cattle cars up here. Always liked those routes, just ping pong off docks all day. Lots of the pickups are on skids so just wheel em in. No resi’s, most times back to building the earliest.