249nsays no way...jose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stink219

Something really STINKS in here....BC
Your right! It's called economics. Weather or not most PTers stay, how does the 3.15 Billion in raises you just gave away get recouped? How does the huge fall in stock effect our market presents? What would the ramifications be on the workers to generate a loss like that. I only calculated it at a 17.5 hour guarantee. Forget about FTer or any OT nor holiday pay, vacations or sick time. I'm not trying to single you out but just something to consider.

rudy5150

A company doesnt flourish with beancounters running it. It slows progress, makes customers unhappy, and ruins morale in the workforce...company and union. If you have unhappy customers and workforce pretty soon you will be left with nothing!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
There are economic realities and there are realities. They sometimes don't coincide. UPS made a profit on our backs...true. This contract is less than the last contract...I'll give that a qualified true. Some are better...some are worse. These are economic realities. UPS must be able to compete with FedEx and all the LTL carriers and local delivery companies. They can't compete when they have to raise shipping to pay for raises. This is a reality. This is a case where the two don't meet. Now...me still being pt, I don't like the fact that I'd have to pay a deductible. I like my BCBS benes. Healthcare is going up every year though which I understand. I also understand that I'm part time. This is the price I pay for being an uneducated labor force individual. Can UPS afford to keep things the same...economics say yes....reality says no. I'm personally voting no...but for UPS to stay competitive, they have to do something. Is a part timer suppose to make a living wage? Be realistic.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There are economic realities and there are realities. They sometimes don't coincide. UPS made a profit on our backs...true. This contract is less than the last contract...I'll give that a qualified true. Some are better...some are worse. These are economic realities. UPS must be able to compete with FedEx and all the LTL carriers and local delivery companies. They can't compete when they have to raise shipping to pay for raises. This is a reality. This is a case where the two don't meet. Now...me still being pt, I don't like the fact that I'd have to pay a deductible. I like my BCBS benes. Healthcare is going up every year though which I understand. I also understand that I'm part time. This is the price I pay for being an uneducated labor force individual. Can UPS afford to keep things the same...economics say yes....reality says no. I'm personally voting no...but for UPS to stay competitive, they have to do something. Is a part timer suppose to make a living wage? Be
realistic.

But someone just trying to get by shouldn't have to work 3 jobs to pay the bills. I also know people who have master degrees that are making 15 bucks an hour....absolutely pitiful.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
" But someone just trying to get by shouldn't have to work 3 jobs to pay the bills. I also know people who have master degrees that are making 15 bucks an hour....absolutely pitiful. "

It is a part time job with benefits,pension, paid vacations and a more than competative wage. The economy sucks but it is not the company's problem to support you at full time compensation for part time work. I have been here 15 years have 4 weeks paid vacation , 7 paid personal days, 3 paid sick days, a pension ,benefits that would cost me $790.00 per month at my full time job that I do not pay for,and get paid $22.34 per hour come August just to move cardboard. Please look around outside of our Brown little world . We have it pretty good. The top clerical person that works under me in my office ( full time job) doesn't get compensated as well .

Coldworld

60 months and counting
" But someone just trying to get by shouldn't have to work 3 jobs to pay the bills. I also know people who have master degrees that are making 15 bucks an hour....absolutely pitiful. "

It is a part time job with benefits,pension, paid vacations and a more than competative wage. The economy sucks but it is not the company's problem to support you at full time compensation for part time work. I have been here 15 years have 4 weeks paid vacation , 7 paid personal days, 3 paid sick days, a pension ,benefits that would cost me $790.00 per month at my full time job that I do not pay for,and get paid $22.34 per hour come August just to move cardboard. Please look around outside of our Brown little world . We have it pretty good. The top clerical person that works under me in my office ( full time job) doesn't get compensated as well .

Not a slam at ups, just the whole economy in general...

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have a challange for all you you EXEL wizards and IBT detractors out there in Brown land . Please come up with a spread sheet comparing companies that may have better compensation for the work that we do both full time and part time. Do the research if you find another situation better some of us may apply.

I have a challange for all you you EXEL wizards and IBT detractors out there in Brown land . Please come up with a spread sheet comparing companies that may have better compensation for the work that we do both full time and part time. Do the research if you find another situation better some of us may apply.
No spread sheet! ..But if the company keeps making record profits.............Don't take them out of mine or your back pockets!!!The amount of give backs far exceeds what we are gaining in this contract!!! This contract is the beginning of the end!!!!!!!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I repeat where who will pay you the money and benefits ? and no sh-t it is the end ! I fight against sups working as my guys walk out the door, you get benefits for coming in once a month ,375 to get a full year pension benefit,they say you be the sheriff I am afraid they will target me for filing, they bitch because they have to pay $50.00 for a prescription but won't turn in a ballot or file a grievance .We are circling the bowl for the third time. WTF Your quote says it all " why bother ... nobody gives a crap !!!!!!!!"

stink219

I repeat where who will pay you the money and benefits ? and no sh-t it is the end ! I fight against sups working as my guys walk out the door, you get benefits for coming in once a month ,375 to get a full year pension benefit,they say you be the sheriff I am afraid they will target me for filing, they bitch because they have to pay $50.00 for a prescription but won't turn in a ballot or file a grievance .We are circling the bowl for the third time. WTF Your quote says it all " why bother ... nobody gives a crap !!!!!!!!"
Good post!!!

Go ahead vote for it............Have fun at Mcdonalds!!!!!They are NOT going to pay 20k a year for health care!!When the employees are only making 10k a year!!

stink219

Go ahead vote for it............Have fun at Mcdonalds!!!!!They are NOT going to pay 20k a year for health care!!When the employees are only making 10k a year!!
If you were trying to make a point, you lost everyone when you typed the "G".
Questions:
1. Why will PTStewie be at McDonalds?
2. What the friend are you talking about?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I don't work @ Mickey D's I make close to 20K ( FRICKIN PT) a year and and and put 50 % of that away in the teamster 401K I also put $55.00 per week in UPS stock. I work a full time job from 7 to 5 and save the $790.00 per month health care cost by being a teamster and working at Brown from 530 to 930. My prescriptions (5) are paid for @ 100 % and I will collect $1500.00 per month pension when I retire to add to my SSI and 401K. I walk out of my house A 630 AM every day and return close to 10 PM .Please do not preach to me. friend--- Mcdonalds friend--- Wall Mart friend--- Fed Ex
​ Ken Hall did the best he could !!!!

Do you really think UPS wants to give a 10K a year job...20k in healthcare?...GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz or is that Q...don't want to confuse you!!!!!!!!!!!

Skooney

This is the mentality at the Teamsters.

No other company in the business made 4 billion dollars last year. If you stand by the mentality of comparing us to other companies in the business and the compensation their employees receive, I'm sure you'd be ok with the Teamsters negotiating a paycut to bring our compensation at UPS to the same level other PT and FT employees do at these other companies. Right?

No, you wouldn't. You are entitled to your compensation, and you've earned it by being an employee at UPS.

This mentality only works when you are comparing entities that are near comparison. No other company is at that point. No other company profits 4 billion dollars in this business on the backs of Teamsters. So please, stop comparing us to these other companies. There is no comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't work @ Mickey D's I make close to 20K ( FRICKIN PT) a year and and and put 50 % of that away in the teamster 401K I also put $55.00 per week in UPS stock. I work a full time job from 7 to 5 and save the $790.00 per month health care cost by being a teamster and working at Brown from 530 to 930. My prescriptions (5) are paid for @ 100 % and I will collect $1500.00 per month pension when I retire to add to my SSI and 401K. I walk out of my house A 630 AM every day and return close to 10 PM .Please do not preach to me. friend--- Mcdonalds friend--- Wall Mart friend--- Fed Ex
​ Ken Hall did the best he could !!!!
I think Hall should be ashamed of himself!!If this is (HIS BEST) I sure in the Hell do not want to see his worst!!!!If Hall resigns from his job....then I will vote Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!g q