25 Year Milestone?

Braveheart

I recently achieved my 25 year milestone with the company and not one past or present supervisor or manager took the time to acknowledge the occasion during my 10 hour shift with even a handshake or verbal comment. Hey I suppose if I worked in a large domicile I might have better understanding, but I don’t.

Before we go any further this ain’t no pity party, nor do I seek any congratulations provoked by this thread. Secretly, I was kinda hoping they would fail in recognizing this nonevent, as it would prove better evidence to my claim in point.

Management can create all the memos, edicts, and talk they want regarding cohesiveness amongst employees. But when it comes to walking the walk, they invariably fall a step or two behind, the result of their melancholic indifference.
Enjoy that 6th week of vacation, you have earned it!!

Great job, I bet most of your managers have not been here that long.

For a while our center was giving out company work caps with the drivers name embroidered on the back above the size adjuster and "20 years service" on one side. Pretty cool though I have never worn mine for work.

UPS Lifer

Those of us who are actually out there in the real world delivering the packages have learned that :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: happens. Mirror glass gets cracked when you go down tree lined driveways in the dark. Scratches happen when the pkg cars are parked so close together as to be touching. Every pkg car in my building has touch-up paint along the sides from rubbing up against its neighbor. We work in an industrial enviornment. Things break. Stuff happens. Reciting acronyms and memorizing 10-pt commentaries isnt ever going to change that.

You can't use that one on me .... I drove for almost 6 years before going into management and it wasn't on a horse LOL!

Believe me - I know this is not a popular subject and in a previous thread I advocate a different system to take into account broken mirrors. Right now you have to use what you have.

As far a Trpinkl said.... Each incident or accident is different. You tell me what happened, I ask questions and a decision is made as to what to do. I agree that not all broken mirrors are accidents. But if the mirror is broken by something that is visible and you hit it... that to me is cut and dry. If you can spin it to me differently and I buy it.... no problem!... If I see that you have 5 incidents previously, I may actually go out to the area and see what you are dealing with. What I am saying is that it gets more suspect with every incident. You have to understand that part!