$250,000 in stolen items recovered from UPS employee's house

klein

Für Meno :)
Yes, he had a very easy route.. just went home with it all.
Unloaded, scanned, and spent the rest of the day at home.
Went back to center with no misses or send agains, too.
The kind of run, everybody would wish to have..LOL

P

pickup

do you remember quite a few months ago, a customer was posting here trying to find out what happened to his guitar? I wonder if this guy ended up with it.

Tiny Panda

We had a driver in our centre pinch a load of sutff, laptops, Bose cinema systems, Ipods etc etc. He ended up with a 13 month suspended sentance

City Driver

We had a driver in our centre pinch a load of sutff, laptops, Bose cinema systems, Ipods etc etc. He ended up with a 13 month suspended sentance

how the hell can somebody do that and get there job back? over here your fired if you steal a cigarette from a whole skid of cigarettes, drink 1 pop from a skid of it etc

the quantity dont matter, theft is theft

Tiny Panda

how the hell can somebody do that and get there job back? over here your fired if you steal a cigarette from a whole skid of cigarettes, drink 1 pop from a skid of it etc

the quantity dont matter, theft is theft

He didnt, was sacked immediately and had been unemployed ever since.

helenofcalifornia

How the heck do you ship a kitchen island with a marble top? And who are his neighbors that didn't think anything was fishy with him unloading his truck at home in the middle of the day? Must have had his house on route too. How did he know what was in all the boxes? I am too busy delivering stuff rather than guessing what's in each box.

And his wife also has some complicity in this theft. Dude brings home tons of stuff everyday and she doesn't say squat?

Hopes this sucker does some serious time.

What a fool. How long did he think this "good thing" was going to last? Jail him!!!

P

pickup

How the heck do you ship a kitchen island with a marble top? And who are his neighbors that didn't think anything was fishy with him unloading his truck at home in the middle of the day? Must have had his house on route too. How did he know what was in all the boxes? I am too busy delivering stuff rather than guessing what's in each box.

And his wife also has some complicity in this theft. Dude brings home tons of stuff everyday and she doesn't say squat?

What a fool. How long did he think this "good thing" was going to last? Jail him!!!

I don't understand it either. How long did he think this was going last, indeed? Will this be the last incident or three weeks from now, will there be a story about another driver doing the same thing, to a smaller or greater(is that possible?) degree than this guy? I think we know the answer will be yes. The criminal mind is hard to figure out. You figure that any driver would know about these stories and make his mind up(if it weren't decided already) not to do it in the first place or to stop doing it .

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
Don't be surprised if this guy just loses his job and legally nothing is brought against him. I've seen this before for an amount figured to be at least 60 grand that was being investigated by multiple agencies and as usual UPS had no guts when it came to the court system. The guy lost his job and that was it. The company doesn't want the bad press it could potentially get from a court case. :dead:

outamyway

The island was probably something that needed to be assembled.

The story doesn't go in to the how, but maybe the wife met him somewhere "quiet" as not to draw attention. Anyone who's been on a route long enough can easily find out where some of the stuff is coming from, which may help determine what it is.

There is a lot of WTH with this story though. Lots of questions not answered in the article.

jcramoslove

Don't be surprised if this guy just loses his job and legally nothing is brought against him. I've seen this before for an amount figured to be at least 60 grand that was being investigated by multiple agencies and as usual UPS had no guts when it came to the court system. The guy lost his job and that was it. The company doesn't want the bad press it could potentially get from a court case. :dead:

The article says that he even stole from the police department. Do you really think that nothing is going to happen?

christian c

to drivers: how could he have gotten away with this at all even in the beginning? If he scans it saying its delivered, then someone calls saying i didnt get my package, wouldnt management come to him the next day saying hey what happened with this stop?

klein

Für Meno :)
Maybe he was smart, only took the non deliverable ones (refused, order cancelled, dupilicate shipments, miss-sorts, etc).

But, eventually, I bet the stack of DFU's lead UPS to call police.