$250,000 in stolen items recovered from UPS employee's house

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
How the heck do you ship a kitchen island with a marble top? And who are his neighbors that didn't think anything was fishy with him unloading his truck at home in the middle of the day? Must have had his house on route too. How did he know what was in all the boxes? I am too busy delivering stuff rather than guessing what's in each box.

And his wife also has some complicity in this theft. Dude brings home tons of stuff everyday and she doesn't say squat?

Hopes this sucker does some serious time.

What a fool. How long did he think this "good thing" was going to last? Jail him!!!

Must have a light route :funny:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The article says that he even stole from the police department.
Remind me never to ask your take on what the contract book says.

It said that the stuff was stacked on tables at the police department, not that he stole from them.

Reading is good. Posting faster than eyes can read, not so good.

Now, the question was raised, how did he know what was there to steal, and when. Also, his truck backing up to the door of his home, would that not raise suspicion.

Rumor has it that he was an early starter. Always helped on the preload pulling package off the belt to help his loader. Including a bunch that did not go on his truck.

Then would either go by his house, or take them to a mini storage and drop them off. Could be he also used friends that lived close, he would leave them at their house, go by after work and take it home.

I had a guy we caught here that was a clerk in Atlanta in overgoods that was overlabling package to his roomies. All sorts of stuff.

My guess is that not all are just stolen, some are ordered to fictional addresses by fictional people.

He used our system. He knew how to float by. And Ill bet that before this broke, his management team thought he was a great guy, fantastic worker, etc etc.

But like Tie said on the other thread, I bet the LP guy in that building is catching hell.

As for his falling off the radar, not in this case. They will not ask for UPS to press charges, its way past that.

d

Re-Raise

Remind me never to ask your take on what the contract book says.

It said that the stuff was stacked on tables at the police department, not that he stole from them.

Reading is good. Posting faster than eyes can read, not so good.

Actually the second page of the article does say he stole from them. They mention a badge and a rifle among other things going to the police.

tieguy

Banned
whats impressive is the number of guns he managed to snag. A missing gun sets off all kinds of flares. the guy must have had a nice system. But stealing from UPS is like eating a bag of Lays potato chips. You eventually get caught cause you can't just eat or take one.

Johney

But stealing from UPS is like eating a bag of Lays potato chips. You eventually get caught cause you can't just eat or take one.
When I went through orientation over 20 years ago(as a seasonal hire) the LP guy came in to talk to us. He say's you guys can steal a lot of good stuff from us and as long as it is few and far in between we may never catch you but , the greed will get you and that's when we'll catch you. As for what I've seen over time that appears to be true.

Tony31yrs

It doesn't say that he was a driver. Maybe he was changing labels or rerouting packages in the building. Either way, he had to think he would eventually get caught with everything scanned and on computer.

tieguy

Banned
We should probably promote the guy to LP sup when he gets out of jail. He definitely had us figured out until the law of averages caught up with him.

do you remember quite a few months ago, a customer was posting here trying to find out what happened to his guitar? I wonder if this guy ended up with it.
The guy that posted his troubles with his missing guitar was a "JB Player neck-thru Strat style", the one on the police manifest was a washburn.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
The article says that he even stole from the police department. Do you really think that nothing is going to happen?
Who knows but if it could potentially come back around to bite UPS on the ass with bad press I could see UPS paying the police for items stolen just so the whole situation just goes away as quiet as possible.

rocket man

Theres no way it was a one man job. You guys are saying know one noticed that many concerns? Even if the concerns came from the states where these packages were going?. just how long did they take to figure this out? IT SURE WAS NOT DONE IN ONE DAY. OR it shows just how much centers hides numbers and missed pkgs.doing follow ups3 months later. His center managers are at just as much fault the driver is.yea he did it alone> I dont think so...The whole thing is a shame I hope someone answers for this? A center manager ON ROADS DIV MANAGER HOW DID IT GET SO FAR ?. There to busy watching if the bulk head doors are open in buss park wher your going 15 mph. or ten houses in one block area.Thats important..not the kids gradmothers artitsts even ups drivers and familys and people who trusted uPS TO get these packages to them And they made to his house. HOW MANY DRIVER FOLLOW UPS WERE DOCUMENTED (FOUND )AND SWEPT UNDER RUG .? THERS YOUR REAL ANSWER......... im not the best typist

Deion68

deion68
Some info for you all. The building he was at just got set up on EDD about a month ago. He had been doing this for a couple of years. He would come in early and help load trucks and when his loader would stack things from other cars he would take them and put it in his truck. The packages would get delivered but, with some things missing. He also did this with his pickups as well.

We all know that with EDD there are reports about no scans the next day. He didn't and LP caught on.

outamyway

Some info for you all. The building he was at just got set up on EDD about a month ago. He had been doing this for a couple of years. He would come in early and help load trucks and when his loader would stack things from other cars he would take them and put it in his truck. The packages would get delivered but, with some things missing. He also did this with his pickups as well.

We all know that with EDD there are reports about no scans the next day. He didn't and LP caught on.

Thanks for the info. Helps to get an idea of how he pulled it off.