274 People Viewing...Hi, MT3

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow, I guess most of the MEM elite must be watching right now. See, this is what happens when you lie to the public about providing top-notch "Purple Promise" service and then they find out what they are really paying for. This video has already gone viral, so you cannot spin-control it, which must be really frustrating. Awww, so sorry.

I expect that you will fire or severely discipline the courier, when you should probably be looking in the mirror to find the real hidden "culprit"....pushing people beyond their limitations.

Oh, and paying crap wages doesn't attract the best and brightest workers....like this guy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

MFE, the courier did not seem rushed at all; in fact, he had enough time to look back, not only once, but twice. On top of that, he parked on the wrong side of the road while making the delivery. I know most of the Express guys locally and not one of them would ever think of doing what that courier did--rushed or not.

HomeDelivery

I agree with Upstate on this one. I just got back from a 9 hour day, making sure the customers' kids doesn't see their Xmas presents & using DR bags since it's raining in my area today...

that Express Courier is getting an HOURLY PAY... not like the regular pseudo-employees of Ground or Home Delivery. and the comment on that recent youtube vid that went viral states that he was home! all he had to do was ring the gate bell.

guess he forgot about hand-to-surface methods? i'm disappointed with that courier...:dissapointed:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE, the courier did not seem rushed at all; in fact, he had enough time to look back, not only once, but twice. On top of that, he parked on the wrong side of the road while making the delivery. I know most of the Express guys locally and not one of them would ever think of doing what that courier did--rushed or not.

Maybe. Sometimes it's hard to determine what "rushed" is. He's the only one who really knows why he did it. Beyond dumb for anyone in this business.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I agree with Upstate on this one. I just got back from a 9 hour day, making sure the customers' kids doesn't see their Xmas presents & using DR bags since it's raining in my area today...

that Express Courier is getting an HOURLY PAY... not like the regular pseudo-employees of Ground or Home Delivery. and the comment on that recent youtube vid that went viral states that he was home! all he had to do was ring the gate bell.

guess he forgot about hand-to-surface methods? i'm disappointed with that courier...:dissapointed:

HD,
You gotta chill out bro.
You must be wearing a purple and green cape this peak seeing as your are, by far, the only guy out there that goes the extra mile and cares about all your freight and customers.

You have no clue what it's like on the express side so, you really shouldn't comment on it. I don't comment on UPS affairs. When was the last time you signed a "Q=P" report? When was the last time you signed your "gap report"?

HomeDelivery

I just have a good work ethic...every year since 2006. don't blame me if others are pissed off at their job

as a FedEx HD driver, i know when not to do something like that. if he's that lazy to ring a bell, he should just coded it as a send-again & slap the door tag right over that bell. over here, we wouldn't get paid for returning parcels back to the warehouse. which is why I went with the temp agency for the 2nd year in a row... because i'll get paid for a code 07,11,06, call tag pickups, whatever i bring back to the warehouse

in this economy, others would be happy to take over that :censored2: courier's position, eventhough Express is becoming worse and worse every year

(yes, i'm glad they didn't call me back for a 3rd interview)

xfdxgroundmgmt

In my old region (re-branded district)= express term, we have been firing package handlers for not using hand to surface. Any air between the package and the next advance point and Whack! The 2 to 3 inch drop in the unload and see ya let me have your badge. Toss from the van line to the back of the straight truck, thanks for coming in today, we won't need your help again because you are terminated.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In my old region (re-branded district)= express term, we have been firing package handlers for not using hand to surface. Any air between the package and the next advance point and Whack! The 2 to 3 inch drop in the unload and see ya let me have your badge. Toss from the van line to the back of the straight truck, thanks for coming in today, we won't need your help again because you are terminated.

I can see handlers tossing packages at least 3 feet every single day, particularly envelopes and smaller boxes. I was at our ramp the other day and saw handlers throwing very large and heavy boxes directly over the pile of freight on the slide. All the way down, and then to the floor sometimes. I'd video it, but I'd get fired.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

I've never heard of hand to surface. Then again, I've never been trained as a handler although, I work both sorts and load my own truck. Sometimes I'll hurl a package from my back bumper while I'm standing on the ground, all the way to the very front, first, P1 shelf right up against the bulk head.

snackdad

There is a Matthew Thornton Blog that can be seen here.

Absolutely, Positively Unacceptable | FedEx Blog

Here is text of the blog.

Along with many of you, we've seen the video showing one of our couriers carelessly and improperly delivering a package the other day. As the leader of our pickup and delivery operations across America, I want you to know that I was upset, embarrassed, and very sorry for our customer’s poor experience. This goes directly against everything we have always taught our people and expect of them. It was just very disappointing.

However, from the customer's perspective, I am pleased to let you know that the matter has been resolved in a very positive way. We have met with the customer face to face and they already have a replacement monitor at no cost to them. They have accepted our apology and say they are fully satisfied with what we've done in response to this unacceptable delivery. They've made it clear, though, that they prefer not to be identified in any way, and in this case as always with customers, we fully respect their privacy.

*** edit ***

Matthew Thornton III
Senior Vice President
US Operations
FedEx Express

Follow the link above to see the glowing comments which really seem too good to be true. Not a single comment other than positive. The world does not operate like that.

I tried to add my own comment to the blog but I keep getting an error message that my verification word does not work. Could someone else try to add your own comments and see if you are similarly blocked from freely saying anything like all those previous enamored commenters.

Here is the comment that I was not allowed to post.

I do not expect my comments to post here because all the responses I have seen so far seem canned and created. I too have worked for FedEx for many, many years.
The couriers on road today are under more pressure than ever before in the history of the company. This is while more and more volume is going to Ground whose employees earn less than minimal wage with no benefits, no sick pay and no workman's compensation in case of injury.
FedEx makes a huge profit and Wall Street is happy but these profits are built on the suffering of many employees that are driven so hard everyday that they cut corners on safety, work through unpaid breaks and suffer from retaliation and favoritism in the workplace.
Customer service is almost a thing of the past, we do not have time for it anymore. If you want to get the real picture check out browncafe.com and read real stories from real employees who built the company over the years and now are suffering. I know this sounds like bitter ranting but it is not. I love my customers, I only wish I could do more for them, but I do not have time.

Last edited by a moderator:

snackdad

Here is the latest response to my attempt to post a comment.

Your comment has been queued for moderation by site administrators and will be published after approval.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

I do not expect my comments to post here because all the responses I have seen so far seem canned and created. I too have worked for FedEx for many, many years.
The couriers on road today are under more pressure than ever before in the history of the company. This is while more and more volume is going to Ground whose employees earn less than minimal wage with no benefits, no sick pay and no workman's compensation in case of injury.
FedEx makes a huge profit and Wall Street is happy but these profits are built on the suffering of many employees that are driven so hard everyday that they cut corners on safety, work through unpaid breaks and suffer from retaliation and favoritism in the workplace.
Customer service is almost a thing of the past, we do not have time for it anymore. If you want to get the real picture check out browncafe.com and read real stories from real employees who built the company over the years and now are suffering. I know this sounds like bitter ranting but it is not. I love my customers, I only wish I could do more for them, but I do not have time.

Very well said.

And it's reality, plain and simple.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There is a Matthew Thornton Blog that can be seen here.

Absolutely, Positively Unacceptable | FedEx Blog

Here is text of the blog.

Along with many of you, we've seen the video showing one of our couriers carelessly and improperly delivering a package the other day. As the leader of our pickup and delivery operations across America, I want you to know that I was upset, embarrassed, and very sorry for our customer’s poor experience. This goes directly against everything we have always taught our people and expect of them. It was just very disappointing.

However, from the customer's perspective, I am pleased to let you know that the matter has been resolved in a very positive way. We have met with the customer face to face and they already have a replacement monitor at no cost to them. They have accepted our apology and say they are fully satisfied with what we've done in response to this unacceptable delivery. They've made it clear, though, that they prefer not to be identified in any way, and in this case as always with customers, we fully respect their privacy.

I know you recognize that this absolutely does NOT represent the professionalism and dedication of the 290,000 FedEx team members worldwide. It is one person and one package. While many people are publicly speculating about what will happen to the employee, FedEx takes care to protect team members' privacy as well as our customers' privacy. We do take this matter extremely seriously, and have initiated action in accord with our disciplinary policy, while respecting privacy concerns. Without going into detail, I can assure you that this courier is not delivering customer packages while we are going through this process.

This matter is an unfortunate exception to the outstanding service FedEx team members deliver every single day. Our customers know and value that service. We have been doing this almost 40 years, and if we weren't doing it right, we wouldn't have gained the widespread respect we have enjoyed. As a matter of fact, we have a very simple motto we try to live by – the Purple Promise: “I will make every FedEx experience outstanding.”

While this delivery fell way short of those high standards, we are already using it as a learning opportunity. We’ve shared this video internally to remind everyone that every single package is important to you, our customers, and that actions like this are totally unacceptable. We are also going to build this into our training programs as a constant reminder of the importance of earning -- and keeping -- your trust with every single delivery. We hope that you, like the customer involved in this incident, will see it as an unfortunate exception that proves the rule that our company cares for its customers.
Matthew Thornton III
Senior Vice President
US Operations
FedEx Express

Follow the link above to see the glowing comments which really seem too good to be true. Not a single comment other than positive. The world does not operate like that.

I tried to add my own comment to the blog but I keep getting an error message that my verification word does not work. Could someone else try to add your own comments and see if you are similarly blocked from freely saying anything like all those previous enamored commenters.

MT3=MAJOR LIAR. I'm wondering if the friendly folks at FedEx Legal are starting to notice what gets posted on the BrownCafe. The only problem for them is that telling the truth isn't "actionable". MT3 and friends know exactly what they are doing with their workforce, and publishing a very predictable "apology" on behalf of FedEx isn't going to change anything. It's all about the money.

I wish I could post pictures from my local ramp that show handlers throwing boxes, piling heavy freight on top of fragile packages, numerous wet and/or leaking packages, and general mis-handling of important customer items. Imagine a 5 foot high pile at the slide, (meaning the slide is completely full), with handlers throwing packages OVER the pile so they don't interrupt the flow rate of the sort belt. Like I said, a video would have Legal all over this site in a heartbeat.

The truth hurts.

bbsam

Staff member
I was going to take issue with Snackdad's ignorant claims about Ground, but from past experience it is obvious that ignorance is a quite a comfy security blanket for him.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was going to take issue with Snackdad's ignorant claims about Ground, but from past experience it is obvious that ignorance is a quite a comfy security blanket for him.

snackdad is anything but ignorant. His posts are right on the money.

bbsam

Staff member
I spend over $50 grand a year in Workman's Comp Insurance. Snackdad doesn't know what he's talking about.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

MrFedEx;916254[I said:
]MT3=MAJOR LIAR. I'm wondering if the friendly folks at FedEx Legal are starting to notice what gets posted on the BrownCafe. The only problem for them is that telling the truth isn't "actionable". MT3 and friends know exactly what they are doing with their workforce, and publishing a very predictable "apology" on behalf of FedEx isn't going to change anything. It's all about the money.

I wish I could post pictures from my local ramp that show handlers throwing boxes, piling heavy freight on top of fragile packages, numerous wet and/or leaking packages, and general mis-handling of important customer items. Imagine a 5 foot high pile at the slide, (meaning the slide is completely full), with handlers throwing packages OVER the pile so they don't interrupt the flow rate of the sort belt. Like I said, a video would have Legal all over this site in a heartbeat.

The truth hurts.[/I]

I remember those days well. Throwing packages over the top of a mountain of boxes and then it comes flying right back over because the checker/sorters are tired of being hit. Anything to try to keep up the flow rate.

I think Memphis only hires teenagers for management now, they all seem to know "everything" and really know "nothing".