280 PPH, arghhh

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Oct 21, 2011.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Ok, this is a case of you live, you learn. My first truck of the night is always a conveyor belt trailer with extendo. I was reprimanded yesterday during break because my pph was a measly 280. I looked at my scanner, and it said I was over 320 parcels in 53 minutes since my very first scan of the night. I couldn't understand it. Than I realized, I've been scanning the trailer ULD well before the designated start time. Does pph automatically start when I scan the ULD, or does it start when I scan my first package. I should easily be well over 350 pph on that trailer, so i'm a little ticked off I was scolded for no reason.
  2. brownedout

brownedout New Member

Don't so much know the answer as to when pph actually starts, however I know you should not be scanning ULD much less touching a scanner, before your start time. You live. You learn.
  3. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Yeah, I hear that. I'm relatively new, so just wanted to show them I'm eager to work and ready to go each night. Who knew that would be a mistake :/
  4. cookscrue

cookscrue New Member

PPH is calculated from the first moment the first ULD was scanned. I used to always tell my load line employees to not scan anything until they are ready to start loading so that their PPH wasn't affected. Hope this helps.
  5. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Mine was royally affected. I've been logging in sometimes 15 mins before the first scan. If I lose my job over that it'll be a brutal way to go :( I can't make union till Jan, I'm stuck on 15 days until than