29 Year Old Business In Need OF Help! Please!!

We have been in the same location now for 29 years and find that the last 2 to 3 years we and other places have been having a horrible time getting our packages. Now I haven't said anything for a long time hopeing that it would fix itself but enough is enough last night we recieved a bussines package at 8:30 PM at our home instead of the shop which is just a mile away. This is not the first time this has happen and most likely not the last I just want to know who I can talk to to get this resloved. Any help will do I've already talked to the head of Ottumwa John and need to know where to go from here.. Please Help I like ups but not the way ours have been running things. :biting:

Cheney:happy2:

drewed

Shankman
Talk to the driver? he may not be able to do something then in their but he could relay to his dispatch sup the concerns and if that doesnt work see if you can get intouch with someone from BD

I have talked to the driver and he has relayed the message but he was told that we were just a bussines that they could get by with doing this to, now what?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You do have the option of having your packages held at the center and you can pick them up, usually as early as 9am. I am just offering this as a suggestion--by no means is this a solution to your situation. Receiving commercial deliveries at 8:30pm is inexcusable. Call the 1-800 #.

drewed

Shankman
Yea the getting it at the residents is a bit weird too, i mean if you had asked for it, that would be one thing but for the driver to do it on his own is weird (it doesnt sound like a one time occurence i can see doing it and them saying just send it to the office)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yea the getting it at the residents is a bit weird too, i mean if you had asked for it, that would be one thing but for the driver to do it on his own is weird (it doesnt sound like a one time occurence i can see doing it and them saying just send it to the office)

Actually, drewed, the driver was going that little bit extra for the customer. Most of us who have had our route for a while know where some of our customers live and I would bet the driver thought he would be doing the customer a favor by bringing the pkg to his house. Of course, a comm pkg at 8:30 at night does little good for anybody so something needs to be done to help this customer out.

drewed

Shankman
Actually, drewed, the driver was going that little bit extra for the customer. Most of us who have had our route for a while know where some of our customers live and I would bet the driver thought he would be doing the customer a favor by bringing the pkg to his house. Of course, a comm pkg at 8:30 at night does little good for anybody so something needs to be done to help this customer out.

Yea I can see that and wouldnt blame the driver for trying to go the extra mile saying that theres two things if the customer said thank you but id rather have it tomorrow at the business (bc this sounds liek a multiple time thing) and then if hes willing to go that extra mile why would he say pretty much it is what it is your stuck with that delivery time?

browndude

tell the driver you want it delivered to the address on the pkg. when a business is sheeted closed after 5 pm it is automatically a missed pkg. the driver can break trace in order to get his businesses delivered on time. i do this all the time and all it is is just easy miles.

BrownSuit

We have been in the same location now for 29 years and find that the last 2 to 3 years we and other places have been having a horrible time getting our packages. Now I haven't said anything for a long time hopeing that it would fix itself but enough is enough last night we recieved a bussines package at 8:30 PM at our home instead of the shop which is just a mile away. This is not the first time this has happen and most likely not the last I just want to know who I can talk to to get this resloved. Any help will do I've already talked to the head of Ottumwa John and need to know where to go from here.. Please Help I like ups but not the way ours have been running things. :biting:

Cheney:happy2:

Call the 800#, ask to speak with a sales representative, tell them you have a "Concern" use that exact word, over your pickup time. Let them know you've spoken with the driver and the delivery center and it's not acceptable.