29 Year Old Business In Need OF Help! Please!!

Johney

We have been in the same location now for 29 years and find that the last 2 to 3 years we and other places have been having a horrible time getting our packages. Now I haven't said anything for a long time hopeing that it would fix itself but enough is enough last night we recieved a bussines package at 8:30 PM at our home instead of the shop which is just a mile away. This is not the first time this has happen and most likely not the last I just want to know who I can talk to to get this resloved. Any help will do I've already talked to the head of Ottumwa John and need to know where to go from here.. Please Help I like ups but not the way ours have been running things. :biting:

Cheney:happy2:
Let me ask this just to be sure. Is your shop in a buisness district or a residential area? Or maybe a little shop tucked in the middle of a residential area.

bad company

semi-pro
404-828-3219

That is a number to our Corporate Offices located in Sandy Springs, GA. (Atlanta)

A complaint given to them will be considered a "Corporate Concern", and will immediately get the attention of your local UPS management and their superiors.

I do recommend that you use this as a last resort, after exhausting any and all reasonable measures to try and solve your probelm locally.

Good Luck

New Englander

Perhaps the route was rewritten for PAS and this area went from the AM area of one driver to the PM area of another driver. If this is what happened you can pretty much plan on it staying that way unless you ship a decent amount of packages through UPS.

The 8:30 pm delivery is most likely due to a misload somewhere and someone bringing it out late to avoid a missed since they know where your residential house is.

BigBrownSanta

404-828-3219

That is a number to our Corporate Offices located in Sandy Springs, GA. (Atlanta)

A complaint given to them will be considered a "Corporate Concern", and will immediately get the attention of your local UPS management and their superiors.

I do recommend that you use this as a last resort, after exhausting any and all reasonable measures to try and solve your probelm locally.

Good Luck

The above is the best advice. If you are truly concerned, follow up with a hard copy letter sent registered mail to the corporate office. If you call the 1-800 number, it will likely be handed off to a part time office person and pushed under the rug. A "corporate concern" seems to get upper management's attention real fast.

If this is a problem that has been occuring for 2 - 3 years, it's probably a dispatch problem. More than likely your area is at the end of the driver's day or in an area with alot of residential deliveries and it gets pulled to other drivers as a "split" (which is additional work for the other driver to do after they finish their route). Those driver's don't know your address is a business, and instead of having it show up as a "missed" delivery, are finding a way to get it to you at your home address. Since you've never said anything about it before, they assume it's ok.

This a problem with our "new" system, and to be honest, more businesses should take the time to voice a complaint to the corporate offices about being delivered after 5 PM. Even 3 PM is too late in the day, in my opinion.

I got off the phone with management in the ups office in Ottumwa Iowa 52501. He was very rude and was yelling at me saying that he has done all he can and said that the end of their bussines day is at 9:00 pm so that makes it the end of my bussiness day too. We close at 5 PM and I will not be waiting around for the ups guy to give me a late pasckage. From now on I will not be accepting any packages after 5 PM and if it is later I will call the sender and have them request a refund. I also called the 1800 number and filed another report with them and am waiting for a can from the managers supervisor. Any Idea's would help. thanks:angry-very2:

My bussinsess has been in the same spot for 29 years and it is in the country andnot in town but that should not mean I shouldn't get my package on time or be yelled by the store manager He also told me that If I can find a place that can get my packages to me on time I should go with them. That statement was no lie His name is ********* From Ottumwa Ia 52501 He has sank to a new low in my books. I wish our conversation was recorded since I was not the one shouting on the phone shame on him...

Last edited by a moderator:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
My bussinsess has been in the same spot for 29 years and it is in the country andnot in town but that should not mean I shouldn't get my package on time or be yelled by the store manager He also told me that If I can find a place that can get my packages to me on time I should go with them. That statement was no lie His name is ******** From Ottumwa Ia 52501 He has sank to a new low in my books. I wish our conversation was recorded since I was not the one shouting on the phone shame on him...

I would say that the Business Manager that you talked to is a********. Albeit, he is probably getting his orders from his division manager who does nothing but look at numbers and tells his management team what to do based off of those numbers. Your driver is probably doing what he is able to and if he breaks his route to drive out to the sticks then he may have service failures for his in town guys. Do you guys have a UPS store in town or any other type of mailbox type place? It could be the best short term solution until your local UPS gets their head out of their butts. Call the corporate number above since obviously nothing else is going to happen. I would write a letter to the corporate office as well, that gets the attention of the higher ups. I apologize on behalf of UPS, because before we went public, this wasn't a concern. You are a good customer it sounds like and we should be able to take care of you.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Here's an idea: quit shipping baking soda in clear plastic bags. Spring the extra $ and get normal produce shipping bags.

hey poptart

what are you doing going through a customers package? if i want to ship baking soda in a baggie, and do so through ups, what is it any of your business?

sounds like you need to go back to people school to me........

as for the late delivery of a business stop, it needs to be shown as a service failure. the business was closed. it is a service failure just like a late nda package.

d

atatbl

hey poptart

what are you doing going through a customers package? if i want to ship baking soda in a baggie, and do so through ups, what is it any of your business?

sounds like you need to go back to people school to me........

as for the late delivery of a business stop, it needs to be shown as a service failure. the business was closed. it is a service failure just like a late nda package.

d

Listen here Danny.... name calling is unacceptable, even on the interwebs. Second, I did a quick internet search and found no "people schools" in existence. Quit leading me on under false pretenses. Third, and perhaps most importantly, there are two types of packages that UPS management (of any level) are not allowed to internally inspect: CODs and HAZMATS. Fourth, this is not something in my control anymore. The MIBs (men in black for the uninitiated) came in and took control. We are all lucky they did not erase our memory with those little vibrator-looking devices that I saw in that one documentary..... I can't remember the name of it for the life of me..... something about males wearing blue or something..... It'll come to me later

I did not start this thread to be demorilized and misrepresented I am a honest bussinsess with a problem getting my packages on time the only thing in the packages are legal I understand why you would be mad at me for putting your name down but the FBI not after me and I will be now reporting you to throgh the proper channels to make sure this reuslts in the right way. I can't believe you would say these things on a form in which you know people are reading. You have no right to say though things unless they were true and you have to be reported to because of it.:dissapointed:

tieguy

Banned
I did not start this thread to be demorilized and misrepresented I am a honest bussinsess with a problem getting my packages on time the only thing in the packages are legal I understand why you would be mad at me for putting your name down but the FBI not after me and I will be now reporting you to throgh the proper channels to make sure this reuslts in the right way. I can't believe you would say these things on a form in which you know people are reading. You have no right to say though things unless they were true and you have to be reported to because of it.:dissapointed:

Mad we get quite a few trolls on this site. Could you tell us what type of business you're in. Is your business at a residential address? Also if you want to pm with a tracking number of a package you recieved late I may be able to track it and find out more information.

How did you get the number to UPS?
Store manager? i hope you didnt open up the phone book and call the UPS store
The number was given to me by 1800pickups after that I just asked for the person in charge which I was told was **********

Mad we get quite a few trolls on this site. Could you tell us what type of business you're in. Is your business at a residential address? Also if you want to pm with a tracking number of a package you recieved late I may be able to track it and find out more information.
I can assure you that I have not been shipping drugs or anthing like that. To be told that they are going through my packages does not bother me in the lest they will find nothing wrong with them as long as they don't star taking stuff out of course then I will have to take more action I was hopeing that this problem would have been solved in a nice manner but It seems like some people are not as caring as other.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dear mad

dont worry about atta, he forgot to take his meds today, and quite possible for several. the men in white coats will be here shortly to take him away.

as for the other problems you have had, call the 404 number above. let him know what you are having problems with. give them details and names, dates etc. I would hope they will respond with more respect than you have recieved so far.

as far as the rant by the one that has flown over the kookoo's nest, i would not even mention that. atta has personality issues. the next time he posts, he will be God or some one really important in his mind.:wink2:

d

dear mad

dont worry about atta, he forgot to take his meds today, and quite possible for several. the men in white coats will be here shortly to take him away.

as for the other problems you have had, call the 404 number above. let him know what you are having problems with. give them details and names, dates etc. I would hope they will respond with more respect than you have recieved so far.

as far as the rant by the one that has flown over the kookoo's nest, i would not even mention that. atta has personality issues. the next time he posts, he will be God or some one really important in his mind.:wink2:

d

thanks for the advice I will be giving them a call tonight:happy2:

The last thing I want to do is upset you. Not because I am afraid of you, but actually because I will admit being terrified of your constituents. Just tell me this, do you have people below me on the inside? Should I be worried about one of my PTers shanking me in the kidney tomorrow at work?

Your words show that you will do nothing to fix this problem will anyone else help me with this?

pretzel_man

Mad:

I can only assume that everything you say is accurate. That being the case, you have been treated inappropriately.

However, there is no one on this board that can fix your problem.

The best advice is to do what others have said:

- Call the 800 number
- Ask that an account exec call you to discuss your poor service
- Ask for a refund for your late packages.
- Report the manager for talking abusively to you (yes, there is a manager by that name in the center)

If you want the problem fixed, those are the steps. I agree that as a last resort, call the corporate office.

P-Man