2nd job?

whome

What do you other pters do for a second job? My family run business went under and I'm at a loss as to what to do...

ups hero

I feel your pain brother, I lost my full time job shipping medical supplies right after Xmas. I finally just got hired today at a tractor and landscaping store. If you knew me, you'd know I have no clue about tractors. Oh well. I am grateful for the full time job they've given me that the past 6 interviews wouldn't because of UPS. It's tough, don't give up, and try to stay busy.

whome

I'm limited in the hrs I have free. Wife works a 9 - 5. Kids need to be picked up from school and all that lovely stuff

Macbrother

I work part time in medical billing for a pretty great company, from day one they gave me 3 weeks paid vacation and paid holidays, and are very flexible around my UPS schedule. I also work about 10 hours a week as an independent contractor in merchandising for a dairy company. It's a lot of hours but I'm thankful to be able to live comfortably while I build seniority. Most of the guys I work with are in landscaping, school, or try and pick up doubles on our 2nd sort.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
When i worked preload back in the day from 5am to 9am, i waited tables at a pizza joint on fri nite sat nite and sunday double. I used to make at least 300 for the weekend and that was a bad weekend for me. I usually made at least 400 to 475 and it was easy dude. Waiting tables is easy,as long as you have a good personality and hustle and keep in the back of your mind your their to make money youll be good. I worked there for 13 years on and off. It helped that i pretty much did everything in there so i was pretty versatile about the skill level i posessed. And me and the general manager were real tight as well as the owner. Right before i went driving they offered me 50k to stay and be in management, but i had to turn it down. I knew the futurethere probably wasnt as secure as it is with UPS. They were cool though and told me if i ever wanted to go back the door would be open for me. Who knows i may go back in 14 years wen i retire. Makes more sense to go to a part time job where you know your going to make more hourly with something like tips than a straight hourly job you know. Good luck bro

jaker

trolling
Let's see what i did for a second job as preloaded and all of them was FT shipping manger ( I know funny ) parts a bike shop , parts at another bike shop , oil change shop , another oil change shop and Dunn Edwards paint

Whatever you do find something you like and that works around UPS

cantDRthis

Check into get licensed in home appraisals or home inspections. It involves taking a few classes and working with someone licensed. It'll allow you to work at your own hours. Study for realtors license, learn a trade to have something to fall back on later. I know some pter's that work at ups in the am and fedx in the pm.

UPS Preloader

Check into get licensed in home appraisals or home inspections. It involves taking a few classes and working with someone licensed. It'll allow you to work at your own hours. Study for realtors license, learn a trade to have something to fall back on later. I know some pter's that work at ups in the am and fedx in the pm.

Could also get licensed as an insurance broker.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
What do you other pters do for a second job? My family run business went under and I'm at a loss as to what to do...

Full time slacker.

I've been looking for something the last 6 months but I'm nowhere near desperate enough to work for minimum wage - I only have to support myself (no wife and kids) but I'm on a shoe-string budget and want to start blasting howitzer-sized holes in my student loans. The job market in my area is atrocious; while going through classifieds yesterday, I found a $7.25/hr gig sorting through trash (WTF?) and another $8.50/hr production line job that required the applicant to be bilingual.. I'm not using my Spanish skills for UPS starting pay.